PDA

View Full Version : Best Warranty

rcturner
03-08-2014, 06:23 PM
Today I opted for the 24 month Best Warranty extension for my 2012 RT. I have looked at it since my bike was new but figured I would wait until I was just about out of the original factory warranty. The thing I did not realize is that when you get the Best Extended Warranty you also get roadside assistance, towing and $200 benefit reimbursement. These benefits start on day one and you do not have to wait until the extended warranty kicks in before the Roadside Assistance starts. I have never needed any warranty repairs on my bike but, if I would have read the pamphlet instead of just the web site I would have known this and purchased the extended warranty just for this benefit. :banghead:

murphybrown
03-08-2014, 06:34 PM
Today I opted for the 24 month Best Warranty extension for my 2012 RT. I have looked at it since my bike was new but figured I would wait until I was just about out of the original factory warranty. The thing I did not realize is that when you get the Best Extended Warranty you also get roadside assistance, towing and $200 benefit reimbursement. These benefits start on day one and you do not have to wait until the extended warranty kicks in before the Roadside Assistance starts. I have never needed any warranty repairs on my bike but, if I would have read the pamphlet instead of just the web site I would have known this and purchased the extended warranty just for this benefit. :banghead:

IMHO the BEST roadside portion is better than a jab in the eye with a sharp stick, but not much!!! I highly recommend either AAA Premium RV or the Good Sam Premier for RV/motorcycle....I am a so NOT mechanic that the roadside is sooooo important for my peace of mind. Good Sam which I am switching to this year is far superior to AAA and I found AAA to be excellent, but their tows are limited to 200 miles....GSam not...and I have been many miles from a dealer most of my traveling so like that assurance/insurance. Just my 2 cents worth.:clap:

Deanna777
03-08-2014, 07:37 PM
Today I opted for the 24 month Best Warranty extension for my 2012 RT. I have looked at it since my bike was new but figured I would wait until I was just about out of the original factory warranty. The thing I did not realize is that when you get the Best Extended Warranty you also get roadside assistance, towing and $200 benefit reimbursement. These benefits start on day one and you do not have to wait until the extended warranty kicks in before the Roadside Assistance starts. I have never needed any warranty repairs on my bike but, if I would have read the pamphlet instead of just the web site I would have known this and purchased the extended warranty just for this benefit. :banghead:Also, check with your motorcycle insurance company, about roadside assistance. Sent pm Deanna777

Dragonfly
03-08-2014, 08:57 PM
I have Rider Motorcycle Insurance it includes Roadside assistance.

jaherbst
03-08-2014, 09:05 PM
BMW MOA platinum member that covers all four rides. I love it so much because I have never had to use it. Did use the HOG roadside service and tow once that I was very happy with.

rcturner
03-08-2014, 09:22 PM
My insurance does not and will not cover towing. In rural, southern Minnesota, there is little option for any kind of towing coverage that will get my bike to a dealer and not cause damage. Around here, dealers, except where I bought mine, are at least 120 miles away. My dealer has a roll back that will transport the bike without damage. Also, it came as part of the extended warranty. Anything else would be some sort of additional expense and there would likely not be anyone to provide help/assistance when and if needed. For what I need and the services available, this is an excellent option.

BigLegMac
03-09-2014, 06:38 AM
IMHO the BEST roadside portion is better than a jab in the eye with a sharp stick, but not much!!! I highly recommend either AAA Premium RV or the Good Sam Premier for RV/motorcycle....I am a so NOT mechanic that the roadside is sooooo important for my peace of mind. Good Sam which I am switching to this year is far superior to AAA and I found AAA to be excellent, but their tows are limited to 200 miles....GSam not...and I have been many miles from a dealer most of my traveling so like that assurance/insurance. Just my 2 cents worth.:clap:

Hi Murphy. Where do I get goodsam. I live in illinois. Can you give me the information? I have AAA rv premier

cyclelover63
03-09-2014, 10:50 AM
http://www.goodsamclub.com/default.aspx?pkgcode=2B1K&gclid=CPPLrJ7mhb0CFW9p7Aodv24ALQ try this!