PDA

View Full Version : Would you leave your Spyder for a week fo a Mfg to design a new product?

Sopher
08-15-2008, 08:30 PM
Curious...
Withdrawal?

bjt
08-15-2008, 08:43 PM
Depends on what I am getting out of the deal. For the offer from the handlebar company, no. I am plenty happy with the stock Spyder handlbars. For a good windshield, a smart integrated communication system, a 6 speed tranny, YES. There might be some other things too, it depends on my perceived need for thing they are trying to make work for a Spyder . It also helps if they are going to give me the finished product in return for using my machine.

SpyderBrett
08-15-2008, 10:23 PM
I would likely do it if I was interested in what the final product was going to be and, of course, they provide me a finished product installed at no charge. :)

Copperhead
08-16-2008, 06:11 AM
Curious...
Withdrawal?
do you think they will provide a cummfy place for me to sleep beside it. I fear a bad case of withdrawl with no spyder for a week.nojoke

Zerocool
08-16-2008, 07:06 AM
Curious...
Withdrawal?

Nope.

They should work with a dealer.

Or, work directly with BRP if it's a product that would have impact on the VSS, stability, safety, mechanicals, etc.

tatt2r
08-16-2008, 09:54 AM
i got an e-mail from maine company ... would have to leave bike for a week now then 2 or 3 weeks after .... couldnt do it ... first off if i like what they come up with i'd rather buy it than give up spyder for that length or any length of time .... (i think we are starting a cult here) they did offer to give me first production bars for my time...

AMTJIM
08-16-2008, 10:07 AM
An acquaintance rented a new Vette, taped the seams and slathered it up with wax then layed it up with fiberglass for the fabrication of a dragracing shell. Do you know what they plan on doing?