PDA

View Full Version : Harley-Davidson Penster

fireplug98
03-05-2014, 08:43 PM
Harley-Davidson Penster

Looks like it's coming soon.
My opinion, no where near as nice looking as my Spyder but interesting.

Tommy J.

spydaman60
03-05-2014, 09:11 PM
wonder what the Harley two wheel riders will say if Harley introduces it? lots snub their nose at the spyder and call it a car. think they'll say the same thing about the penster?:dontknow::dontknow:

fireplug98
03-05-2014, 09:16 PM
They'll probably say, NOW THATS WHAT A ROADSTER SHOULD LOOK LIKE !!! :-)

Tommy J.

SPYD3R
03-05-2014, 09:27 PM
SNOBS.....
heck, they don't even consider the V-ROD as a Harley... let alone the PENSTER....
i think all mechanical things are awesome...
but i couldn't care less what others think of my SPYD3R....
i had a young man (?) once tell me that he thot my SPYD3R sucked...
my reply was, "I'm happy you feel that way, because I'd hate to think that somebody like you would like the same thing that I do"...

well shut my mouth.... :thumbup:

ABQSpyder
03-05-2014, 09:33 PM
Don't think so.
The prototype was built 1998 the orange one 2006 and is in Harley's Museum.
My understanding from a HARLEY dealer the only reason was to patent the leaning design but never build them.

jScotD
03-05-2014, 09:38 PM
mY HarLeY wIfe jUsT said>> nOw That thinG is jusT ugLy there you go.. olde time Harley Rider she is

Papa
03-05-2014, 11:17 PM
Where do your legs and feet go?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

crazyspyder
03-05-2014, 11:30 PM
:barf:that ugly thing never gona sell.....who would buy it- NOT me! :shocked:

Mo Lee
03-06-2014, 04:48 AM
That is one Harley I would ride, just as soon as they put a Honda powertrain in it of course!

redrt
03-06-2014, 06:48 AM
Looks like it fixes some of the things we don't like about the Canam. Your feet don't have to
be spred apart so much, not so good on old hips! Oh and you can see the motor! A little
competition might be good for all. The wifes Canam is great for her (only thing on the market)
but I will stick with two wheels for now. I ride both metric and american, two wheels and a motor
I'm on it. Some day when the old bod gives out I'll get a trike. Right now Can am is it, they will keep up with a two wheel cruser on the twistys! Jim

DrewNJ
03-06-2014, 07:08 AM
That thing is horrible, like it was built out of an old swing set from someone's backyard. Looks like one of those home built bikes done by one of those Discovery channel biker build off self proclaimed "artists."

Sent from my Venue 8 3830 using Tapatalk

Bob Denman
03-06-2014, 08:17 AM
It won't be built...
Andy's right; that was an exercise from the late-nineties...
It never got much beyond the "build one and done" stage.

cuznjohn
03-06-2014, 08:56 AM
i think it is butt ugly

Bob Denman
03-06-2014, 09:06 AM
It was more about the engineering at that time, than it was the styling...

DrewNJ
03-06-2014, 09:11 AM
It won't be built...

It does look like its from the 90's!

Sent from my Venue 8 3830 using Tapatalk

Oldmanzues
03-06-2014, 09:46 AM
On the plus side, Just think how many hours and days you coud spend polishing this thing, IF anybody rode in the rain or dusty roads.
I think I'd just pass on it, if it was built
Oldmanzues

snics
03-06-2014, 09:59 AM
All i can say is:

Its Go Cart material.

I may have ridden it 35 years ago as a kid.

:yikes::yikes::doorag::doorag:

bruiser
03-06-2014, 03:37 PM
Now the new 2015 Victory Gunner...

Bob Denman
03-06-2014, 05:43 PM
Do you have a picture of that one?? :shocked: ;)

Dan_Ashley
03-06-2014, 06:28 PM
How much will it cost? When will it be ready or sale?

Those two two questions have to be answered before I personally think it is anything except animation.

bruiser
03-06-2014, 07:13 PM
Well, now that I've stired up some interest. It's not a trike. It's a new Bobber added to their line. MSRP is 12,999.

ARtraveler
03-06-2014, 07:17 PM
Well, now that I've stired up some interest. It's not a trike. It's a new Bobber added to their line. MSRP is 12,999.

You beat me to the picture. Saw it in Rider magazine last night. :thumbup:

ARtraveler
03-06-2014, 07:18 PM
It won't be built...

:agree: but--I do like the speculation about what dyed in the wool HD riders comments would be concerning it as a reverse trike. :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

Dan_Ashley
03-06-2014, 07:52 PM
HD reverse trike kit: http://www.tiltingmotorworks.com/beast/

coz
03-06-2014, 08:10 PM
i would consider a penster if it got a little updating. the leaning aspect would be incredible, combined with the low stance and the VERY comfortable H.D. riding position. i think folks would be shocked at how many they would sell. plus H.D. of Cincinnati is two miles from my house, not in the next state.:thumbup: j m o don't get all worked up.:roflblack:

Dan_Ashley
03-07-2014, 05:16 PM
i would consider a penster if it got a little updating. the leaning aspect would be incredible, combined with the low stance and the VERY comfortable H.D. riding position. i think folks would be shocked at how many they would sell. plus H.D. of Cincinnati is two miles from my house, not in the next state.:thumbup: j m o don't get all worked up.:roflblack:
I need more bikes in my garage....no. Wait. I need a bigger garage so I can put more bikes into it.

IdahoMtnSpyder
03-07-2014, 11:36 PM
i think folks would be shocked at how many they would sell.
I wonder how many conversions this guy has sold. http://www.tiltingmotorworks.com/ He hasn't updated his web site for a few months doesn't look like. My suspicion is they are either not a real hot item or the cost of getting them into production plus marketing is overwhelming him.

oldguyinTX
03-08-2014, 08:27 AM
Ugly as all get out but I bet it would not have heat and/or spontaneous combustion problems.

snics
03-08-2014, 08:58 AM
Just does not look right or safe for that matter.
Looks like a Mattel toy car / bike.

Not for me.
Showed it to the wife and she said, NEVER.

Illinois Boy
03-08-2014, 11:01 AM
The HD reverse trike, as mentioned, was put together years ago. HD officially stated it would not go into production unless they could get a computer system complex enough to handle the requirements the bike needs to be effective and safe. Without it, they are not willing to market it.

I would also guess HD considered their overall market base and whether they would like the idea or not. Personally, I would love a leaning reverse trike.

From the reports of many former HD and Goldwing owners that have switched to a Spyder, I believe they considerably underestimated the popularity of the concept of a reverse trike for the generation that can afford them. JMHO...

Bob Denman
03-08-2014, 12:16 PM
Remember; it took Bosch, to make the magic happen for the Spyders... :thumbup:

spacetiger
03-08-2014, 12:22 PM
Its different... and I think its kinda cool. but, one can only have so many toys.

Jerry

SXSMachine
03-08-2014, 07:01 PM
The HD reverse trike, as mentioned, was put together years ago. HD officially stated it would not go into production unless they could get a computer system complex enough to handle the requirements the bike needs to be effective and safe. Without it, they are not willing to market it.

I would also guess HD considered their overall market base and whether they would like the idea or not. Personally, I would love a leaning reverse trike.

From the reports of many former HD and Goldwing owners that have switched to a Spyder, I believe they considerably underestimated the popularity of the concept of a reverse trike for the generation that can afford them. JMHO...

Most definately the most accurate description to what I heard was the exact reason Harley did not produce the item. :2thumbs: