PDA

View Full Version : Interresting info about model numbers I found...

3 Wheel Addict
03-05-2014, 07:48 PM
Looking through the BRP parts catalogs I found a model list. I had know idea there was that many different models available of one specific bike, for instance this is what I found for the 2013 RTS SE5 Yellow color only. The other colors have as many numbers but they are different. I wonder if this could have been the problem with the ECM mapping because I never knew there was a California model?

RTS SE5 Yellow color

Australia A4DB
Brazil A4DL
California A4DM
Europe A4DD
North America A4DC

billybovine
03-05-2014, 08:02 PM
Looking through the BRP parts catalogs I found a model list. I had know idea there was that many different models available of one specific bike, for instance this is what I found for the 2013 RTS SE5 Yellow color only. The other colors have as many numbers but they are different. I wonder if this could have been the problem with the ECM mapping because I never knew there was a California model?

RTS SE5 Yellow color

Australia A4DB
Brazil A4DL
California A4DM
Europe A4DD
North America A4DC

California has different rules about gas fume venting and configuration. Likely other emission differences.
Europe and Australia have different headlights, taillights and backup lights.
Not sure about what's different about Brazil.

For 2014 there will be a Japan model. Different headlights. Same as North America except because they drive on the opposite side of the road. The v cut-away on low beam is on the opposite side.

ARtraveler
03-05-2014, 08:10 PM
Learned something new about :spyder2:'s today. :thumbup:

3 Wheel Addict
03-05-2014, 08:28 PM
But with all the "written" info I have seen there is no mention of a "California model" but then again I'm in Ohio!

Gray Ghost
03-05-2014, 09:43 PM
The bulletin on updating the mapping referred to CARB models, California Air Resouce Board. The bykes needing updating were identified by VIN which would allow for identifying any models built for California restrictions.

SpyderAnn01
03-05-2014, 10:00 PM
That is interesting, I don't know if I have anything that showed the model number of my 2013. I bought my Spyder in MO so I don't know why it would have been a CA model but you never know.

I had heard about their thinking that the CA models were the ones with problems but I was always under the impression that the Spyder was 50 state compatible. Guess not.

Jeriatric
03-05-2014, 11:56 PM
Could it be,

California A4DM = 50 state

North America A4DC = Canada

:dontknow: Just a shot in the dark.

NancysToy
03-06-2014, 07:35 AM
Could it be,

California A4DM = 50 state

North America A4DC = Canada

:dontknow: Just a shot in the dark.
Sounds logical to me.

Bob Denman
03-06-2014, 08:03 AM
Maybe somebody should bring Steve, Carlo, or Rene into this conversation... :dontknow: