PDA

View Full Version : Ride-On in RT-622 Trailer Tires

metman
03-05-2014, 05:10 PM
How much and what type of Ride-On should I put in my 622 trailer tires.

Mike in KY

NancysToy
03-05-2014, 05:39 PM
Ride-On has the amount for any tire size listed in their instructions. I used the automotive type, on Ride-On's recommendation.

SpyderAnn01
03-05-2014, 06:14 PM
Me too

IdahoMtnSpyder
03-05-2014, 06:46 PM
How much and what type of Ride-On should I put in my 622 trailer tires.
IMO, none. A couple of years ago I built my trailer using 12" tires. I asked the guys at the local tire shop about balancing the tires. They said don't bother, it would be a waste of money. There is really no need and benefit to balancing utility trailer tires. I'm sure many here, and elsewhere, won't agree, but I've never noticed any problem at all with my trailer.

NancysToy
03-05-2014, 09:07 PM
IMO, none. A couple of years ago I built my trailer using 12" tires. I asked the guys at the local tire shop about balancing the tires. They said don't bother, it would be a waste of money. There is really no need and benefit to balancing utility trailer tires. I'm sure many here, and elsewhere, won't agree, but I've never noticed any problem at all with my trailer.

I run it for the flat protection, not the balance.

bandwagon
03-05-2014, 09:52 PM

If you do use Ride On are you using weights as well?

NancysToy
03-05-2014, 10:36 PM
If you do use Ride On are you using weights as well?
I do on my RTS. I'm not sure if the trailer tires are balanced or not...I never paid attention. I suspect they are. Ride-On usually works well in balanced wheels, but they have to be balanced before the Ride-On is added.

IdahoMtnSpyder
03-06-2014, 02:41 AM
Makes sense, until a tire guy works on it to fix a puncture. I've heard they really hate that kind of stuff, especially Slime. Looking at the web site for Ride On I got the impression they were pushing it for tire balancing as much, or more, than for puncture sealing.

NancysToy
03-06-2014, 07:41 AM
Makes sense, until a tire guy works on it to fix a puncture. I've heard they really hate that kind of stuff, especially Slime. Looking at the web site for Ride On I got the impression they were pushing it for tire balancing as much, or more, than for puncture sealing.

The guys that mount tires hate Slime and it's brethren...and I don't blame them. It makes a huge mess. The Ride-On does not do that, and I have had no complaints, I do warn my tire guy beforehand, so they take a peek when they break the bead, and then say yes or no. I have never seen the Ride-On even run out of the discarded tire. If it was fresh it might be different.

As to puncture repair after this stuff is installed, I suppose it could be problematic, but the Ride-On seals the punctures so well (if they are repairable) that puncture repair really shouldn't be necessary. If you are at the point where the Ride-On won't seal the tire, it probably needs to be replaced anyway.

DrewNJ
03-06-2014, 09:51 AM

I agree, In all my years of trailers and power sports I've never had one or seen a "balanced" trailer tire/wheel. I'm not even sure the weights would clamp on a standard trailer wheel. Stick on weights I guess.

I am not fond of tire spooge either....haha.

Sent from my Venue 8 3830 using Tapatalk

rev.rr
03-06-2014, 11:07 AM
In my motorcycle Dyna Beads work better for balancing the bike tire's and they adjust to the changing balance due to tire wear. I don't think they will stop a puncture though!

MarkLawson
03-06-2014, 11:13 AM

I have my trailer tires balanced. I don't want the trailer or it's cargo to have to endure any more shaking than necessary. Vibration, over a long period, can cause even steal to fatigue and fail.

can-am sam
03-06-2014, 02:10 PM
The question was: How much Ride-On to put in the RT622 tires? If I remember correctly 8oz.

NancysToy
03-06-2014, 10:18 PM
The question was: How much Ride-On to put in the RT622 tires? If I remember correctly 8oz.

According to the dosage table a 4.80x12 takes 6 oz for regular usage, 8 oz for severe usage. http://www.ride-on.com/images/stories/pdf/Auto_Dosage_Table_Vers_14.pdf

Ronbo
03-06-2014, 10:29 PM

I was told same thing. Found it to be false. I've had several trailers that it helped. Some a lot some a little. Some just took annoying vibration out. Guess it depends on how smooth you like it.

Ron

oldguyinTX
03-08-2014, 08:35 AM
Ride-On has the amount for any tire size listed in their instructions. I used the automotive type, on Ride-On's recommendation.
Is the can pressurized in order to get it into the tires?

Lagaffe
03-08-2014, 08:38 AM
No, you have to use a tiny funnel to put the stuff inside...

:roflblack: :roflblack: :roflblack:

NancysToy
03-08-2014, 05:18 PM
It comes in a bottle with a spout, with a short length of tubing. Remove the valve core with the "wrench" provided, slip the tubing over the valve stem and insert the spout in the tubing. Squeeze in the correct amount of Ride-On. Replace the valve core and air up the tire, then take a ride to distribute the product.