PDA

View Full Version : BRP factory backrest

funon3
03-05-2014, 02:42 PM
Does anyone know if there is any fore-aft adjustability on the BRP backrest like Utopia has via an adjusting bolt?

granpa in Cincy
03-05-2014, 02:45 PM
There is NO adjustment.

ARtraveler
03-05-2014, 02:46 PM
Does anyone know if there is any fore-aft adjustability on the BRP backrest like Utopia has via an adjusting bolt?

We are told no adjustment unless you want to come up with a washer system or something like that. I am guessing the new Utopia is going to be the way to go. (adjustment & price). I had a Utopia installed on my 2010 RT when I first got it--I liked it a lot. Unfortunately, I did not like the stock seat--so replaced the seat.

Bob Denman
03-05-2014, 02:48 PM
There's no fore and aft adjustment on BRP's version... :shocked:
But if it fits you; we've had reports that it works VERY well... :thumbup:

Spacetrucker
03-05-2014, 03:26 PM
The brp seat sites you forward to much and to me just not right. Look at utopia, bob has one now and it fits right in no cutting seat, best part is $$ way less the bRP for shure look them up.you like it way better for shure

bluestratos
03-05-2014, 04:17 PM
I do like the BRP back rest, it improves my posture which helps with back pain and the looks are great. My Corbin back rest never felt right and constantly changed angle due to vibration. It also was very sloppy in the mount which you will notice big time in a tight turn as it gives the sensation you will slid off the seat. I made changes to it to make it work better.

bcoulter19
03-05-2014, 04:21 PM
Do you find that the back rest gets in the way of your passenger?

acinpcola
03-05-2014, 05:06 PM
according to the backseat rider here, the back rest does not get in the way

JimFoy
03-05-2014, 05:10 PM
My backseat passenger says the backrest doesn't interfere at all.

ARtraveler
03-05-2014, 05:32 PM
Do you find that the back rest gets in the way of your passenger?

It may depend on the size of the two on board. Two large people with a back rest can become quite cozy. :roflblack:

Bob Denman
03-05-2014, 06:38 PM
:agree: :yikes: But at least I'm smart-enough, to NOT bring this up around the Missus... :D

Cruzr Joe
03-05-2014, 06:42 PM
:agree: :yikes: But at least I'm smart-enough, to NOT bring this up around the Missus... :D

No Comment.

Cruzr Joe

Bob Denman
03-05-2014, 06:43 PM
:D Skeered??? :D

SpyderAnn01
03-05-2014, 10:13 PM
I picked up my BRP Comfort Seat & Backrest today!!! Now if I could just wake up the hubby so he can help me install it I would be very happy. I can't get the stupid strut thingy to come off. I've taped up all of the openings and removed the passenger backrest. I'll let him nap for a few more minutes then it will be out to the garage for him!

Bob Denman
03-06-2014, 08:34 AM
:D Paging Joe; To the garage, please!! :D

cuznjohn
03-06-2014, 09:50 AM
i like backrests on a bike so with all the figuring they did i am surprised they didn't make it to fold

SpyderAnn01
03-06-2014, 11:54 AM
i like backrests on a bike so with all the figuring they did i am surprised they didn't make it to fold

The BRP backrest does fold down but it is not adjustable forward or backwards like the Utopia.

Bob Denman
03-06-2014, 11:57 AM
Is it on the bike now?? ;)

cuznjohn
03-06-2014, 12:10 PM
The BRP backrest does fold down but it is not adjustable forward or backwards like the Utopia.

didn't know that thank you

redlightron
03-06-2014, 02:28 PM
I tried the BRP backrest and it just sent me forward to much so I ordered a Utoptia which will be shipped on the 17th according to Bob but, I just wish the Utoptia was cut like the BRP one to give the passenger more leg room. I may have to have it worked on.:yes:

ARtraveler
03-06-2014, 02:47 PM
I picked up my BRP Comfort Seat & Backrest today!!! Now if I could just wake up the hubby so he can help me install it I would be very happy. I can't get the stupid strut thingy to come off. I've taped up all of the openings and removed the passenger backrest. I'll let him nap for a few more minutes then it will be out to the garage for him!

I note you are already going with the Comfort seat. Is the OEM better or worse than the previous versions? I have not liked the OEM on 2008 through 2011 and all four :ani29:'s have had seats replaced.

I really was hoping that the 2014 would be a better seat for OEM. Your opinion would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance Ann :thumbup:

stevedfive
03-06-2014, 03:08 PM
Just raise the backrest up and it will give the passenger more leg room. I do agree with you, I like the BRP design and look. Too bad it's not very functional.

SpyderAnn01
03-06-2014, 03:10 PM
The OEM seat is a bit soft, like the previous ones, I had ridden on a friend"a RT and liked the comfort seat. It is a bit firmer and I've got long legs so the extra 2 inches is nice. I really wanted the backrest and you have to order it specifically for the Comfort SeAt so I went ahead and got both

ARtraveler
03-06-2014, 03:19 PM
The OEM seat is a bit soft, like the previous ones, I had ridden on a friend"a RT and liked the comfort seat. It is a bit firmer and I've got long legs so the extra 2 inches is nice. I really wanted the backrest and you have to order it specifically for the Comfort SeAt so I went ahead and got both

Thanks for the quick reply. :thumbup: