PDA

View Full Version : Redundant Delivery Question

SSG Bean
08-15-2008, 06:13 PM
Like everyone else that has had to endure the wait for their Spyder, I'm looking for any kind of clue as to when I could realistically expect to receive mine. I ordered my Spyder on 8\6\08 from what I believe to be a dealer that is in the running for worst customer service ever. They told me they would call me within a few days and give me a tentative delivery date. I've called and been given no information to go on, so I'm giving up and will wait a month to call back. I was wondering if anyone had any idea of the current wait times. I ordered a Full Moon with SM5 from a dealer in Kansas City, so again if anyone is in the know, I'd appreciate information.:dontknow:

bjt
08-15-2008, 07:07 PM
First, Welcome to SpyderLovers. If you read through some of the older posts here, you'll find a wealth of information on all things Spydery. :doorag:

As to your delivery question, most of the latest reports have people getting their SM5 Spyders in about a month. Hopefully your dealer experience is not a sign of things to come if you have to count on them for much. :sour: :( Maybe you should scout out some other possible area dealerships just in case.

hawkiii
08-15-2008, 07:47 PM
welcome and :agree: with bjt, I have not received my Spyder yet but if I call or visit my dealer they go out of there way to make sure I am a happy guy. Bandanas, videos whatever I need to stay happy while I wait. If you aren't happy with them now, it could be worse later. I'd at least look for an alternate for service and parts and info if you aren't happy with your current dealer.

wobbles
08-15-2008, 09:10 PM
I've been waiting since May for my Red SE5 --Longer then some, shorter than others. I stop by the dealership one to two times a month. (Live close) Everytime I go there the Owner or his wife or both spend the entire time with me; chatting it up :spyder:style. I share the info that I have from this site and they tell me any kinds of updates from BRP. She also looked into BOSSWEB and saw the delivery date for my bike and it's going to be next month. Of course I'm not holding my breath, it will be here when it gets here. I just have to keep telling myself that. If your dealer is not rubbing you the right way--there's too many others out there to deal with that.

SSG Bean
08-16-2008, 09:18 AM
Thanks for the information. There is another dealer in South KC that I may have to check out. Thanks again.:2thumbs:

Greg H.
08-16-2008, 10:45 AM
welcome

I ordered my SM5 on July 3rd. I was told 2 weeks following that the expected delivery was September. At first, the dealer thought it was very likely that it would be in August. Then; the dealer found out that the Spyder assembly area closes for 3 weeks in July for maintenance. :yikes: Of course, now, Sept. is only 2 weeks away.

gregc
08-16-2008, 01:22 PM
When I ordered mine, I was told 2 weeks. It ended up 4. I live approx 7hrs from mfg plant. Hopefully you get your ride soon. Well worth the wait. Greg C. Nashua NH

2+1
08-16-2008, 01:33 PM
I've been waiting since May for my Red SE5 --Longer then some, shorter than others. I stop by the dealership one to two times a month. (Live close) Everytime I go there the Owner or his wife or both spend the entire time with me; chatting it up :spyder:style. I share the info that I have from this site and they tell me any kinds of updates from BRP. She also looked into BOSSWEB and saw the delivery date for my bike and it's going to be next month. Of course I'm not holding my breath, it will be here when it gets here. I just have to keep telling myself that. If your dealer is not rubbing you the right way--there's too many others out there to deal with that.
I also ordered a Red SM5 in May. My wife works at a Powersports dealer here in Florida and she checked for ours on BOSSWEB yesterday. It also has September listed as the delivery time frame. I am personally planning for October.

He who "expects" nothing shall not be disappointed.:2thumbs:

DrKnowItAll
08-16-2008, 03:00 PM
I ordered Red SE on 6-6-2008.... haven't heard one word from dealer, haven't recieved a cerificate or expected delivery date from BRP, NOTHING. I haven't heard or read anywhere that the red SE's are moving in mass numbers. I"m not worried though. The dealer has my deposit and I have a receipt. I'm sure they want my business as much as I want my Spyder. The dealer actually had a yellow SM5 ready for sale the day I ordered but I chose to wait.. kinda wish I bought it now.. I see others have been waiting much longer than me and in some weird selfish way that makes me feel better about my wait...

jwfranklin
08-16-2008, 08:21 PM
I put a deposit on a Red SM5 on July 31, The dealer went directly to place the order. Said he was able to get it in on the July orders, He said it come up expected delivery the second week of September. Was told there had been some delays on the Red ones, yellow and grey come in quicker. :2excited:;););)

Wayne

FANG
08-30-2008, 09:02 PM
welcome :congrats: :clap::yes::yes:

Spyderman62
08-30-2008, 10:06 PM
I too am waiting. Ordered mine Aug 11, and fully expect it to take all of the 4-6 week company line they gave me at time of order. So I figure if I plan on it not getting here before the end of Sep, and it gets here any sooner, then I am in great shape. Kind of a head game you play with yourself after a while. I ordered from Holzhauers in Il, great sales person, great dealership - have dealt with them before - I see no reason at this time to worry. I will pass on info such as service quality, and stuff as time goes by. It is nice to know which dealers are on their game and which ones are not when it comes time to travel.

pphantom538
08-30-2008, 10:52 PM
Ordered a red SE5 on 2/26 - one heck of a long wait and counting. Dealer says he'll call me when its in.

MSGTDOC
08-30-2008, 11:11 PM
welcome

ima rider
08-30-2008, 11:18 PM
I ordered a Full Moon in early June and recieved it the end of June. My dealer in Las Vegas said full moon and yellow were coming in no problem but the red ones will be coming in Nov. I cant wait to see the red in person,meantime, everyone who is waiting now....ITS WORTH THE WAIT !!! Hang in there :pray:

victorygreg
08-31-2008, 01:59 AM
I got a call from my dealer in San Luis Obispo, Ca. today. HE SAID THE RED SE I ORDERED 7/1 WOULD BE IN 2-3 WEEKS