PDA

View Full Version : CAN AM S1 Hydrid Helmet set up with SMH10D SENA Units...with option jaws setup

jterrymaddux
03-04-2014, 09:57 PM
I really like the looks of the Can AM ST1 Hybrid Helmet with the flip up visor, and the retractable sun visor. I like the ideal of being able to add the one of the kind jaws that you can add to the helmet to turn it into a full face helmet configuration...Does anyone have this set-up with the SMH10D SENA units and does everything fit nicely with and without the jaws added to helmet to convert to full face design. I am wanting to get a price from MOTORCYCLE DAVE for the SENA units but I want to make sure they will work well with this helmet....We have never had a communication system in our helmets before. We ride a 2014 RT Limited.....Thanks.....

DrewNJ
03-04-2014, 10:04 PM
The st1 helmet is very accommodating to add the Sena system to. I just did a good friends for him last year with an smh10r and things went really smooth. Nice setup for the ear pockets. From there its just tucking and securing.
To make it easier I use small thin strips of surgical tape to hold the wiring in place as I go.

Sent from my Venue 8 3830 using Tapatalk

jterrymaddux
03-05-2014, 09:34 AM
When the Jaw is added to Helmet to convert to Full Face design will the SENA still fit and work nicely...I have never had helmets with communication devices before........Thanks for you help...QUOTE=DrewNJ;769627]The st1 helmet is very accommodating to add the Sena system to. I just did a good friends for him last year with an smh10r and things went really smooth. Nice setup for the ear pockets. From there its just tucking and securing.
To make it easier I use small thin strips of surgical tape to hold the wiring in place as I go.

Sent from my Venue 8 3830 using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Cruzr Joe
03-05-2014, 09:43 AM
I really like the looks of the Can AM ST1 Hybrid Helmet with the flip up visor, and the retractable sun visor. I like the ideal of being able to add the one of the kind jaws that you can add to the helmet to turn it into a full face helmet configuration...Does anyone have this set-up with the SMH10D SENA units and does everything fit nicely with and without the jaws added to helmet to convert to full face design. I am wanting to get a price from MOTORCYCLE DAVE for the SENA units but I want to make sure they will work well with this helmet....We have never had a communication system in our helmets before. We ride a 2014 RT Limited.....Thanks.....

Caution to all who wear glasses, on some helmets with the flip down sun visor, the visor might be too short or too tight a fit with glasses. Try one before you buy one. I wanted a similar (not the same) helmet but it did not work with my prescription glasses.

Cruzr Joe

DrewNJ
03-05-2014, 09:56 AM
The guy i set it up for only runs it in full face.
We wired in the wire mic velcroed in the jaw piece but added a Velcro piece to also accommodate the boom mic when running open face. The mics unplug and swap pretty easily.
I dont think he has even used it with the boom mic/open face though.

Sent from my Venue 8 3830 using Tapatalk