PDA

View Full Version : A little grump.

Nicolette
03-04-2014, 12:21 PM
We purchased 2012 RT-SE5 and was told by the salesperson that Texas doesn't require a motorcycle endorsement for trikes (I should know better). Just a little grumpy because the next course isn't until April $245. Did I mention I'm in Texas.

SAPD911
03-04-2014, 12:40 PM
I believe you have to have a mc endorsement. Believe it says 3 or less wheels. Best bet is contact your local DMV.

352smiley
03-04-2014, 02:20 PM
I'm in dickinson tx I just got my bike two weeks ago and I just signed up for the class for march 7,8, and 9th .who did you call? This is the number I called to get the dates 281-897-7121 they got me in quick.

ARtraveler
03-04-2014, 02:23 PM
:agree: Verify with DMV what exactly is needed. Hopefully, dealer was giving correct information--but if not--they should be told.

Here, motorcycle endorsements are needed. You get either a two wheel endorsement which covers everything, or a three wheel endorsement good for three wheels only. The permitting process, here: pass the written test, permit good for 18 months, take road test, pass and get endorsement. OR--take MSF course and you are granted endorsement at completion of class.

Some bucks for the course, yes--but you will learn good information.

All situations are different. Hope you get yours worked out. :thumbup: