PDA

View Full Version : low insurance

Spydrgrl
03-04-2014, 06:44 AM
I bought a Spyder in January and thought I'd pass along my insurance shopping experience. We had our homeowner and auto through Liberty Mutual for many, many years and when I asked them for a quote on my new Spyder I was told over $700. I got different quotes and Allstate came in with $348. We asked them for a quote on homeowner and auto and ended up saving over $880 a year going with them. Now that we switched to them my motorcycle insurance went down even more to $222. I thought this was a pretty good price and it includes good coverage. Getting very excited to drive my new 2013 Spyder ST Limited when the weather here in central NY state permits.

BigLegMac
03-04-2014, 07:54 AM
State farm or Allstate are NOT motorcycle friendly. Their insurance is inadequate. I know because I had them with my 2013 I crashed. You will be very dissappointed if you have an accident. I have foremost insurance now and it covers everything even towing to nearest dealer, replacement of new spyder for the first two years important, underinsured motorists, $5500 in accessories, $250 deductible, $2500 in medical payments. Please go over your policy with Allstate. You are not properly covered. I know that for a fact. Foremost insurance is affiliated with AARP. Insurance costs more any where else but you get adequate coverage. With state farm I hope you have gap insurance because you are definitely going to need it. For $700 you get great coverage and thats cheap actually. Call this number and they will search for adequate coverage for your spyder they are American Adventure Insurance 888-930-3680. Get rid of state farm you wont regret it. If you have an accident they will double your rates. All state is the same as State farm.

spyder-dude
03-04-2014, 08:08 AM
:agree:

Bob Denman
03-04-2014, 08:14 AM
I work closely with one of the Companies owned by Liberty Mutal: Safeco Insurance...
They'll write bikes; but their prices aren't really competitive.... (About 10% higher than the average...)
State Farm and Allstate will write your bike. Shoot :shocked:;they'll wirte anything! It doesn't mean that they know what they're doing with those risks...
Find yourself a Company that Specializes in writing PowerSports risks; they have the detailed knowledge necessary to offer a package of coverages that will suit your needs.

ARtraveler
03-04-2014, 02:29 PM
:agree: that bundling insurance with one provider usually results in savings across the board.

I have used State Farm since 1966 for everything. Never had a motorcycle claim in all the years, but they have come through on home and car claims when I have needed them. Hoping that I will never have to test the m/c coverage. :thumbup: