PDA

View Full Version : Downshifting

Bogie
03-02-2014, 09:17 AM
Greetings to the group.
Again as I am still new and do not yet have my Spyer, I have a question regarding downshifting on the 2014 semi automatic.
I know it will downshift automatically, can you still downshift manually if you are passing or want to kick it up a notch?
Thanks in advance,;)
Bogie

Copperman
03-02-2014, 09:25 AM
Greetings to the group.
Again as I am still new and do not yet have my Spyer, I have a question regarding downshifting on the 2014 semi automatic.
I know it will downshift automatically, can you still downshift manually if you are passing or want to kick it up a notch?
Thanks in advance,;)
Bogie

Yes.

Bob Denman
03-02-2014, 09:37 AM
Absolutely! :thumbup:
I used to kick mine down through the gears manually, when slowing for stops...
But now; I pretty much only downshift for the above-mentioned passing manuevers, and for a bit more engine braking as I enter sharper corners too! :clap:
The "Normal" stuff; I give the helm to the computer! ;)

billybovine
03-02-2014, 09:53 AM
Greetings to the group.
Thanks in advance,;)
Bogie

Only let it down shift automatically when you are too busy or too lazy to do it for yourself. Depending on your rpm down shift before accelerating.

SpyderAnn01
03-02-2014, 10:19 AM
:welcome: as the others have said, yes you can downshift manually.