PDA

View Full Version : My 13 RTS and the new mapping.

3 Wheel Addict
03-01-2014, 06:45 PM
Got up to 50 degrees here today so decided to go out and see if my bike would accelerate above 85 mph. Well the bike starts easier, idles smoother, seems to pull a little harder and yes the heat issue seems to be better as well. Got a long straight stretch of road and hauled through the gears reaching what seemed to be a "limit" of 115mph. The bike would just not pull anymore or go any faster, that's it! Getting to 110 mph was an easy thing but to tweak that last 5 was hard but there is no more to be had, I think there is max this bike will go. After all that I was back to tooling around the roads at 50.

NancysToy
03-01-2014, 06:50 PM
How fast do you want it to go? It is the size of a barn door. If you want to go 160, buy a 'Busa! :roflblack:

granpa in Cincy
03-01-2014, 07:25 PM
where around here did you get up to those speeds?

3 Wheel Addict
03-02-2014, 09:05 AM
How fast do you want it to go? It is the size of a barn door. If you want to go 160, buy a 'Busa! :roflblack:

It's not about the speed for me but there was another post on here that a guy got his done and now can no longer get his above 85 mph. I was checking to see if that was the case, it clearly is not.

flamingobabe
03-02-2014, 09:25 AM
I ran mine yesterday shifting at about 8000 and in no time I was up to 85....still had more to give but that was too fast for me.....wind was crazy strong....bike ran smooth...the good thing is the gas cap was not hot, as it usually is, weather was about 76 degrees...rode a little over 400 miles....I'm happy, happy, happy

NancysToy
03-02-2014, 09:55 AM
It's not about the speed for me but there was another post on here that a guy got his done and now can no longer get his above 85 mph. I was checking to see if that was the case, it clearly is not.

Yes, he obviously has other problems that are not being addressed. Your top speed was typical for an RT.

SpyderAnn01
03-02-2014, 10:14 AM
I ran mine yesterday shifting at about 8000 and in no time I was up to 85....still had more to give but that was too fast for me.....wind was crazy strong....bike ran smooth...the good thing is the gas cap was not hot, as it usually is, weather was about 76 degrees...rode a little over 400 miles....I'm happy, happy, happy

:clap::clap::clap:

What kind of mileage did you get?

Bob Denman
03-02-2014, 10:21 AM

:yes::ohyea::yes:
It is SO good, to hear that from you!!! http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/23/23_30_109.gif

nhoj
03-02-2014, 10:46 AM
Well the bike starts easier, idles smoother, seems to pull a little harder and yes the heat issue seems to be better as well.

....bike ran smooth...the good thing is the gas cap was not hot, as it usually is, weather was about 76 degrees...rode a little over 400 miles.

This is all encouraging good news.

jaherbst
03-02-2014, 10:46 AM
I bought my 2013 RTS in Sept and have not received any notice from BRP that this is available for my Spyder. Did all of you receive a notice or did you have to ask for the mapping and fuse box sealing?

Bob Denman
03-02-2014, 10:49 AM
It sure wouldn't hurt to give them a call... :thumbup:

3 Wheel Addict
03-02-2014, 10:59 AM
I bought my 2013 RTS in Sept and have not received any notice from BRP that this is available for my Spyder. Did all of you receive a notice or did you have to ask for the mapping and fuse box sealing?

There will be no notice sent you have to take it in and all 13 models will be connected to BUDS to see is you get the ECM update, however there are other issues you will get like sealing the fuse boxes against water intrusion. See you dealer and refer to bulletin 2013-9 they will know what to do.

flamingobabe
03-02-2014, 12:24 PM
well the wind was crazy strong....so only calculated in my head but about 30mpg....will check on a better day......before it was between 19 - 36......all in same day, almost same conditions....I'll check next time we are out...but happy today

:clap::clap::clap:

What kind of mileage did you get?

Bob Denman
03-02-2014, 12:38 PM
:clap: :2thumbs:

3 Wheel Addict
03-02-2014, 01:23 PM
well the wind was crazy strong....so only calculated in my head but about 30mpg....will check on a better day......before it was between 19 - 36......all in same day, almost same conditions....I'll check next time we are out...but happy today

It's good to hear that your getting in some good riding after all the problems you have had........:clap::clap::clap:

ARtraveler
03-02-2014, 01:39 PM

Fingers crossed here. Hoping the issues are now behind you. :thumbup:

Pirate looks at --
03-02-2014, 02:13 PM
Got up to 50 degrees here today so decided to go out and see if my bike would accelerate above 85 mph. Well the bike starts easier, idles smoother, seems to pull a little harder and yes the heat issue seems to be better as well. Got a long straight stretch of road and hauled through the gears reaching what seemed to be a "limit" of 115mph. The bike would just not pull anymore or go any faster, that's it! Getting to 110 mph was an easy thing but to tweak that last 5 was hard but there is no more to be had, I think there is max this bike will go. After all that I was back to tooling around the roads at 50.

The only way I can enjoy touring is at 120 mile an hour! Guess I'll have to trade in the Spyder:roflblack:

3 Wheel Addict
03-02-2014, 05:10 PM
The only way I can enjoy touring is at 120 mile an hour! Guess I'll have to trade in the Spyder:roflblack:

Can't see much at that speed it all goes by really fast! I did notice that the bike handles really well at high speed, much better than I thought it would.