PDA

View Full Version : Installing OEM decals

joebryanjr
03-01-2014, 05:26 PM
:helpsmilie:I just received my OEM decals for my 2011RS-S. The previous owner apparently removed them.
Does anybody have some guidance to help me install them properly so they do not fall off in the 1st good wind? Any help is appreciated.

Cruzr Joe
03-01-2014, 05:34 PM
i am assuming that they are stick on decals, if so make sure the area is clean and just before you stick them on wipe them down with an alcohol pad and let it dry for a minute or so. start at one end and move along slowly, pressing out any air bubbles as you go. It also helps to install them in a warm climate or area.

Cruzr Joe

joebryanjr
03-01-2014, 05:59 PM
Thanks Cruzer Joe. These are adhesive, same as factory from BRP via Chaparral Racing.
I will take your advice and wait until it is warmer.
thanks again.

Cruzr Joe
03-01-2014, 06:02 PM
Thanks Cruzer Joe. These are adhesive, same as factory from BRP via Chaparral Racing.
I will take your advice and wait until it is warmer.
thanks again.

Yeah colder weather and they don't set right.

Cruzr Joe

billrob71
03-01-2014, 06:30 PM
Have you install anything like this before?

I would add after the area is clean use a little soapy water so you can move the decal around to the position you wanted then use a squeegee to remove the water and the emblem will stick. the soap and water lets you move the emblem around a little otherwise where you put it, is final.

Bob Denman
03-01-2014, 07:19 PM
Vinyl Graphics...
Why not give Pete at www.powersportswraps.com (http://www.powersportswraps.com) a holler? He's DA MAN! :bowdown:
Now; My Missus laid it down on Fawkes; all I did was cry like a girl, and hand her what she asked for along the way... :opps:
But Joe's right:
a bit warmer temperatures
CLEAN THE SURFACE!!!!!
Tape the vinyl down where you want it. Lay some tape at about the halfway point across it so that you've got a "hinge". Pull the backer on one end, and work your way toward that hinge. Then pull the tape, and keep the party rolling! :thumbup:
(But Pete can explain it WAY better than I just did!)

StanProff
03-02-2014, 09:47 PM
It is not as hard as you may think to install decals. Most of the Spyders you see on this forum that have decals were installed by us (the owners). Measure and mark the area. Don't worry yourself about small air bubbles that may be there when your done. These will go away with a little sunshine or in my case I used a blow dryer to warm them up and before you know it they are gone. Good luck and enjoy.

joebryanjr
03-09-2014, 02:53 PM
:spyder2::2excited: Finally the weather co-operated and I was able to install the OEM decals. I will send photos after I reduce the size.
It loks great, even if I do say so myself.

Bob Denman
03-09-2014, 05:00 PM
:D I can't wait to see the results... :thumbup:

SNOOPY
03-09-2014, 05:44 PM
:spyder2::2excited: Finally the weather co-operated and I was able to install the OEM decals. I will send photos after I reduce the size.
It loks great, even if I do say so myself.

Did you use soapy water like Billrob suggested? That's the way to get it done much easier.

Then if you don't get every last bubble out put it out in the sun for a while and they will magically disappear as it warms up.

Well maybe not magically lol