PDA

View Full Version : looking to take a vacation with the spyder and the rv up on the maine coast------

spydaman60
03-01-2014, 04:50 PM
is there anyone that can recommend a great place to camp with an rv (class c) that is somewhat central coast line, like rockport or rockland? we like the booth bay area, but have generally just stayed at the tugboat inn. we're relatively new to the rv camping and are looking for recommendations on a great campground.:dontknow: looking to go during the lobster festival so wanting to book early. (early august)

ARtraveler
03-01-2014, 04:51 PM
Can't help with a location there--but hoping you have a good time. :thumbup:

EnjoyingTheRyde
03-01-2014, 05:19 PM
is there anyone that can recommend a great place to camp with an rv (class c) that is somewhat central coast line, like rockport or rockland? we like the booth bay area, but have generally just stayed at the tugboat inn. we're relatively new to the rv camping and are looking for recommendations on a great campground.:dontknow: looking to go during the lobster festival so wanting to book early. (early august)

I don't frequent the coast very often but can check it out for you, give me a couple of days. You are correct about booking early during the Lobster Festival, the Rockland/Rockport area will be packed. I stay away but wouldn't mind meeting up for a coffee somewhere, Rockland is only an hour from us. You bringing your Spyder?

ingramsail
03-01-2014, 05:36 PM
Try ---www.passportamerica.com
---www.rvparkreviews.com
----www.campster.com
--- www.fmca.com (http://www.fmca.com)
- -- www.ir2.com/forum
seen if any of these help

spydaman60
03-01-2014, 06:00 PM
I don't frequent the coast very often but can check it out for you, give me a couple of days. You are correct about booking early during the Lobster Festival, the Rockland/Rockport area will be packed. I stay away but wouldn't mind meeting up for a coffee somewhere, Rockland is only an hour from us. You bringing your Spyder?we are trailering it up and hoping to put about 2k on it that week!!! if we can hook up for a ride, that would be great.:thumbup:

Bob Denman
03-01-2014, 07:32 PM
Chuck,
You'll have to hit the Kittery Trading Post... :bowdown:
I'll have to talk to the Missus, and she if she'd cut me loose for a day; I'd "shadow you" up for a bit of the trip, and then break back toward the barn... :thumbup:

jonnysevel
03-01-2014, 08:36 PM
I go to maine every summer.. this will be the first time with the spyder and I am SO excited. We stay away from the coast and head up in the Lakes Region. It is western maine not far from the NH border. We stay at Vacationland Campground. There is incredible riding up there and even better riding over in NH by the White Mountains.

spydaman60
03-01-2014, 08:51 PM
I go to maine every summer.. this will be the first time with the spyder and I am SO excited. We stay away from the coast and head up in the Lakes Region. It is western maine not far from the NH border. We stay at Vacationland Campground. There is incredible riding up there and even better riding over in NH by the White Mountains.what week are you going. i'm from the white mountains. grew up there as a kid. maybe we could hook up for a ride or two if you're up there the same time. pm me.

spydaman60
03-01-2014, 08:53 PM
Chuck,
You'll have to hit the Kittery Trading Post... :bowdown:
I'll have to talk to the Missus, and she if she'd cut me loose for a day; I'd "shadow you" up for a bit of the trip, and then break back toward the barn... :thumbup:why don't the two of you come up and join us for a couple of days!!:thumbup:

jonnysevel
03-01-2014, 08:56 PM
what week are you going. i'm from the white mountains. grew up there as a kid. maybe we could hook up for a ride or two if you're up there the same time. pm me.

I will be up there the week of June 16th.. then the week of July 14th and then the week of August 11th

spydaman60
03-01-2014, 10:04 PM
I will be up there the week of June 16th.. then the week of July 14th and then the week of August 11ththat's too bad. we're in the middle of your second and third trip. the lobster festival is the end of july into the beginning of august.

Bob Denman
03-01-2014, 10:12 PM
why don't the two of you come up and join us for a couple of days!!:thumbup:
:D Careful... We want to remain friends; right? :roflblack:

jonnysevel
03-01-2014, 10:33 PM
Might move my July trip... It isn't set in stone yet

spydaman60
03-01-2014, 11:19 PM
Might move my July trip... It isn't set in stone yet i'll give you the exact dates next week as the wife is trying to lock in a couple of things earlier in the month. i'll also confirm the dates of the lobster festival. with any luck maybe bob d and his misses could join us for a couple of rides!!:2thumbs: stay in touch!

jonnysevel
03-01-2014, 11:20 PM
i'll give you the exact dates next week as the wife is trying to lock in a couple of things earlier in the month. i'll also confirm the dates of the lobster festival. with any luck maybe bob d and his misses could join us for a couple of rides!!:2thumbs: stay in touch!

Will do!!

spydaman60
03-01-2014, 11:21 PM
:D Careful... We want to remain friends; right? :roflblack:am I gonna have to talk to cathy again?:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

Bob Denman
03-02-2014, 09:23 AM
:opps: Ummmmmm...... :D :roflblack:

mpsicon
03-02-2014, 10:29 AM
starting Aug.15 we will be in the White Mountains, then on to Rangeley Lake Me. then on to Moosehead Lake for a couple of days, then down to Camden for the last couple days. This is our third year vacationing in Me. We both have lost intrest in vacationing elsewhere.

Bob Denman
03-02-2014, 10:38 AM
Rangeley is a beautiful area! :2thumbs:

spydaman60
03-02-2014, 02:12 PM
starting Aug.15 we will be in the White Mountains, then on to Rangeley Lake Me. then on to Moosehead Lake for a couple of days, then down to Camden for the last couple days. This is our third year vacationing in Me. We both have lost intrest in vacationing elsewhere.looks like we will be camping in booth bay at shorehills campground from july26th thru august 2nd or 3rd. planning on hitting the lobster festival in rockport and riding all thru the state. we love the rangley area and have ties to the moosehead lake area as that is where we were the weekend I proposed to the misses about 33 years ago. we love the coastal riding as well and may take the new ferry to nova scotia for a day or two. wished you were going to be there earlier.:thumbup:

EnjoyingTheRyde
03-03-2014, 11:15 PM
...We are a couple miles north of Height of Land. If we are at our place, you won't miss the Spyders in the driveway so stop and say hello!

Bob Denman
03-04-2014, 08:27 AM
Chuck..
PMming you! :thumbup:

spydaman60
03-04-2014, 08:11 PM
...We are a couple miles north of Height of Land. If we are at our place, you won't miss the Spyders in the driveway so stop and say hello!pm me and we will call so we can hook up for a ride. it would be great to have a local tour guide for a little ride!!!nojoke