PDA

View Full Version : It happens every time...

jonnysevel
03-01-2014, 02:52 PM
Every time I get my Spyder back from the dealer.. Something is always not working correctly....!!! This time the frunk switch is working intermittent. Any thoughts?? Dealer said bring it back today but I don't have the time.

Jim&Teresa
03-01-2014, 02:57 PM
Sometimes it's an adjustment problem where the "finger" on the hood goes to "make" the limit switch so that the electrical dash button will work. I had to adjust my 2012...after that, worked every time. There is a limit switch near the latch that needs to be satisfied for the opening electrical switch to work. You can test it (maybe) by pressing down on the back (near the lights) on the frunk hood and see if the electrical dash switch works....if so, probably the limit switch adjustment. I did my adjustment of the frunk hood to make this work better. You can also adjust the latch mechanism. BTW, on my 2012, I think this happened when it was brand new with about 50 miles on it.....

fastfraser
03-01-2014, 03:05 PM
What was your dealer working on .:dontknow:

Bob Denman
03-01-2014, 04:00 PM
That's a pretty easy piece to "ding"... :shocked:
Take a quick peek at it; you might just be able to straighten it out yourself... :thumbup:

NancysToy
03-01-2014, 04:30 PM
Usually that means the switch lever was bent when the access panel in the trunk was removed, but it is also easy to accidentally pull off the weatherstrip. If the trunk liner was installed incorrectly it is even easier to mess up the weatherstrip or interfere with the microswitch.

Larry rt
03-01-2014, 05:26 PM
I gave up on mine , I just use the key ):

NancysToy
03-01-2014, 06:16 PM
I gave up on mine , I just use the key ):
They really are reliable if the parts are intact and in place, the latch is lubricated, and the latch is properly adjusted. You should not have to give up. Your dealer could have dealt with this for you if he was worth a nickle. If we ever run into each other, I'd be glad to fix it for you.

jonnysevel
03-01-2014, 07:10 PM
The dealer did the service bulletin which requires removal of the frunk to access the fuse boxes... I was playing with the limit switch and I can get it to open about every third time.. Even if I hold the limit switch down, it doesn't trigger the latch every time

Bob Denman
03-01-2014, 07:22 PM
If he was monkeying around up front; he tweaked it a bit... :shocked:
Seriously; take a look at it, and I'll bet that you can get it back up and running in no time! :thumbup:
After all; even I managed to fix mine, after an episode of maintenance had unintended consequences... :opps:

BikerDoc
03-01-2014, 07:27 PM
does anyone think new dealer??

NancysToy
03-01-2014, 07:35 PM
The dealer did the service bulletin which requires removal of the frunk to access the fuse boxes... I was playing with the limit switch and I can get it to open about every third time.. Even if I hold the limit switch down, it doesn't trigger the latch every time
Sounds like a loose wire may be a possibility. Have them make it right. They don't learn unless you make them correct what they do wrong.

Bob Denman
03-01-2014, 07:49 PM
does anyone think new dealer??

I kind of was :shocked:...
But finding a decent one seems to be pretty darn tough... :banghead:

jonnysevel
03-01-2014, 07:58 PM
The way I look at is...everyone makes mistakes.. but it is the resolution that matters. I am going to look at some connections to see if I can find a loose one. If not I will take it back to the dealer to take care of it.

Bob Denman
03-01-2014, 08:14 PM
Look at the connections, and the shape that the switch itself is in... If that one piece is bent; just carefully tweak it back to where it's supposed to be.
Good Luck! :thumbup:

jonnysevel
03-01-2014, 08:29 PM
Look at the connections, and the shape that the switch itself is in... If that one piece is bent; just carefully tweak it back to where it's supposed to be.
Good Luck! :thumbup:

I think I got it. I carefully moved the limit switch to the left a little and it now seems to be working. Ill keep an eye on it.. thanks for the help

NancysToy
03-01-2014, 08:51 PM
I think I got it. I carefully moved the limit switch to the left a little and it now seems to be working. Ill keep an eye on it.. thanks for the help

I'll bet you found it. It doesn't have to be off by much to malfunction. :thumbup:

Bob Denman
03-01-2014, 10:02 PM
:2thumbs: :clap: :firstplace: