PDA

View Full Version : IPS and 2014 key

Lamonster
02-28-2014, 10:50 PM
I've read some reports of dealers having trouble with the key getting stuck in the ignition of some 2014 Spyders. I guess what happens is if you put the key in and don't push it all the way in and then try to turn the key it will get stuck so you can't get the key out. The fix is to run a paperclip down the side of the key and that will release the stuck tumbler.

So I got to thinking today that this could be a problem if you have the cap on the Bottom of the IPS, you wouldn't be able to put the paperclip down the side. So what I did on mine and what I recommend you do if you have a 2014 with and IPS is leave the bottom cap off so you'll be able to pull the IPS off if the key does get stuck. The cap really isn't needed, it just dresses up the cap as the key is in there tight. I have not had anyone have this issue that I know of but I want to be proactive just in case.

Tango
02-28-2014, 10:57 PM
I hate to sound dumb. What is the IPS? I should have my RTS SE6 next Friday. :thumbup: Tom :trike:

Wiredux
02-28-2014, 10:59 PM
Thanks for the info. I was thinking about ordering a IPS

Lamonster
02-28-2014, 11:03 PM
I hate to sound dumb. What is the IPS? I should have my RTS SE6 next Friday. :thumbup: Tom :trike:
It a key cover I make for the Spyder.

MouthPiece
03-01-2014, 07:31 AM

It a key cover I make for the Spyder.

and IPS stands for "In Plain Sight". It really dresses up your key and looks very snappy.

​Chris

Larry rt
03-01-2014, 07:50 AM
Lamont you know a pi is required , for him (:

BajaRon
03-01-2014, 09:15 AM

http://rs1216.pbsrc.com/albums/dd365/BajaRon/Spyder/IPSSpyderTopper.jpg~320x480http://rs1216.pbsrc.com/albums/dd365/BajaRon/Spyder/IPS2.jpg~320x480http://rs1216.pbsrc.com/albums/dd365/BajaRon/Spyder/IPS1.jpg~320x480

Jester
03-01-2014, 09:28 AM
Had one installed on my 2010, transferred it to the 2011. Could not wear it out so I let the new buyer keep it. (She could not start the Spyder without it) Am definitely putting one on my new Lamonster Certified RTS when it is ready!:yes:

Tango
03-01-2014, 10:33 AM
Wow! That is nice! :thumbup: Tom :trike:

BajaRon
03-01-2014, 10:38 AM
Wow! That is nice! :thumbup: Tom :trike:

Pictures don't do it justice. Wait till you see it on your Spyder! :ohyea:

Fat Crip
03-01-2014, 11:31 AM
My IPS arrived this afternoon, only a week and a day after I ordered it, and it took the cheapest postage option! So well done Ron that was excellent... only one problem... I haven't got my Spyder yet :-( The finance agreement arrived in the same post and I just need to sign and return it to London then they'll send up my Spyder sometime next week. The wait is nearly over, but at least now I can twist my IPS and make engine noises :-)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

BajaRon
03-01-2014, 04:21 PM
My IPS arrived this afternoon, only a week and a day after I ordered it, and it took the cheapest postage option! So well done Ron that was excellent... only one problem... I haven't got my Spyder yet :-( The finance agreement arrived in the same post and I just need to sign and return it to London then they'll send up my Spyder sometime next week. The wait is nearly over, but at least now I can twist my IPS and make engine noises :-)

I have been shipping Internationally for quite a long time. Always try to stay 1 step ahead of the Customs officer... :thumbup:

Fat Crip
03-01-2014, 05:59 PM
I have been shipping Internationally for quite a long time. Always try to stay 1 step ahead of the Customs officer... :thumbup:

I appreciated that when the postie didn't try to stiff me for twenty quid and just handed me the packet instead, but didn't want to mention it on a public forum. Thank you! Doubt I'll be so lucky when I order my sway bar though!

oldgoat
03-23-2014, 02:27 PM
Thank you! Doubt I'll be so lucky when I order my sway bar though!

I was.

Rd_Runner
03-23-2014, 06:47 PM

I hope you get your :spyder2: soon.!

Fat Crip
03-23-2014, 09:31 PM
It arrived on 7 March and the weather and other commitments have allowed me out for a couple of short runs. So far I am loving it😃

BajaRon
03-24-2014, 08:01 AM
I appreciated that when the postie didn't try to stiff me for twenty quid and just handed me the packet instead, but didn't want to mention it on a public forum. Thank you! Doubt I'll be so lucky when I order my sway bar though!

We do our best and we have a great deal of success. But you never know till it's done.

I had one package where UK customs changed the dollar amount to pounds so they could charge more fees. The customer was upset with me for declaring the package in pounds instead of dollars. But it wasn't me.

mtdoragary
09-10-2014, 03:25 AM
Does it allow for pressing down to release frunk and seat?

MouthPiece
09-10-2014, 05:44 AM
Does it allow for pressing down to release frunk and seat?

Yes. And because it is larger than the key, it's much easier to press down.

​Chris

Shewhoprays
09-10-2014, 06:52 AM
I won mine at Spyderfest 2011 and put it on my 2010RT and have now put it on my 2013 ST. LOVE IT. bj :clap: :clap: :clap: