PDA

View Full Version : My experience in buying our first CAM-AM Spyder

ChrisW
02-28-2014, 01:23 PM
2014 RTS SE6

As you may know I have been looking for a Spyder since last year (see other posts) and we now have one.

After an extinctive research and a spread sheet that listed 11 dealers whom gave me there OTD prices and a list of all there costs I was able to pick one. I also included what it would cost me to go and get the bike into the mix as well. I never once asked a dealer to give me a better price because another dealer was lower as I think that is wrong, they simply gave me there best price.

I ended up going to Coyote Powersports Yamaha Fun Center in Boerne Texas and travelled 2135 miles to buy my wife a RTS SE6 and would do it all over as this was the best deal I could find from where I live. Troy and his team are of the utmost professional and knowledgeable that I have done business with in a long time.

If you are thinking of getting a CAN-AM or any other bike then consider Troy of Coyote Powersports Yamaha Fun Center http://www.yamaha-funcenter.com/ (http://www.yamaha-funcenter.com/) it will be worth your time and effort I can ensure you of this.

84036 84011 84012 84013

Got it..

Bob Denman
02-28-2014, 01:26 PM
:congrats: :2thumbs:
Pictures...
In the middle row of buttons above the diaglog box where you type in a post; The fourth grouping of commands has one that'll allow you to upload a picture. If you rollyour cursor over it; it says "Insert image"
From there; just follow the lead... :thumbup:

ChrisW
02-28-2014, 01:43 PM
:congrats: :2thumbs:
Pictures...
In the middle row of buttons above the diaglog box where you type in a post; The fourth grouping of commands has one that'll allow you to upload a picture. If you rollyour cursor over it; it says "Insert image"
From there; just follow the lead... :thumbup:

I won't work for me, I have tried it

Bob Denman
02-28-2014, 01:50 PM
How big are your pictures?
There's a 2 MB size limt on what can be imported.

ChrisW
02-28-2014, 02:07 PM
How big are your pictures?
There's a 2 MB size limt on what can be imported.

Thanks, got it

NancysToy
02-28-2014, 02:42 PM
Glad to hear you got things worked out. :congrats:

Jim&Teresa
02-28-2014, 02:45 PM
:congrats: and enjoy your ryde! :yes::yes::yes: :yes: great color choice!! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

acinpcola
02-28-2014, 02:46 PM
:congrats: & :welcome: I see you purchased the Fastest Color also....Gooooooooooooooo Cognac:yes::yes::yes:

SPYD1
02-28-2014, 02:48 PM
:yes::yes:Good job!:yes::yes:

spyder-dude
02-28-2014, 02:54 PM
:congrats: And I have the identical spyder and love it!

Blue Star
02-28-2014, 02:55 PM
Glad you got it.

ARtraveler
02-28-2014, 03:20 PM
:congrats: on your new ryde. :thumbup::thumbup: Glad to hear the purchase worked out good for you. :yes: Another Cognac hits the road. :clap::clap:

Purple Guy
02-28-2014, 03:49 PM
:congrats: and welcome to Team Cognac!

Bob Denman
02-28-2014, 03:57 PM
:D I'll drink to that! :cheers:

dndfindley
02-28-2014, 07:48 PM
:congrats: on your new ryde. :thumbup::thumbup: Glad to hear the purchase worked out good for you. :yes: Another Cognac hits the road. :clap::clap:

What you really mean is "gold."

Tango
02-28-2014, 07:51 PM
:congrats::2thumbs: Enjoy. Get mine next week. Tom :trike:

dndfindley
02-28-2014, 07:53 PM
As you may know I have been looking for a Spyder since last year (see other posts) and we now have one.

After an extinctive research and a spread sheet that listed 11 dealers whom gave me there OTD prices and a list of all there costs I was able to pick one. I also included what it would cost me to go and get the bike into the mix as well. I never once asked a dealer to give me a better price because another dealer was lower as I think that is wrong, they simply gave me there best price.

I ended up going to Coyote Powersports Yamaha Fun Center in Boerne Texas and travelled 2135 miles to buy my wife a RTS SE6 and would do it all over as this was the best deal I could find from where I live. Troy and his team are of the utmost professional and knowledgeable that I have done business with in a long time.

If you are thinking of getting a CAN-AM or any other bike then consider Troy of Coyote Powersports Yamaha Fun Center http://www.yamaha-funcenter.com/ (http://www.yamaha-funcenter.com/) it will be worth your time and effort I can ensure you of this.

84011 84012 84013

Got it..
You didn't say what year - I assume 2014? Now I'm going to be a wet blanket. Unless you saved a gazillion dollars by buying at a dealership 2k+ miles from your home I believe you made a mistake. You will not have it serviced at that dealership but at one nearby. You are going to expect your local dealership to be loyal when they service your Spyder buy yet you were not when you purchased it. Of course if the local dealership is one on the "blacklist" then I can understand. But other than that you should have purchased where you plan to have it serviced even it would have cost you more. Just my 2 cents.

ChrisW
02-28-2014, 08:34 PM
You didn't say what year - I assume 2014? Now I'm going to be a wet blanket. Unless you saved a gazillion dollars by buying at a dealership 2k+ miles from your home I believe you made a mistake. You will not have it serviced at that dealership but at one nearby. You are going to expect your local dealership to be loyal when they service your Spyder buy yet you were not when you purchased it. Of course if the local dealership is one on the "blacklist" then I can understand. But other than that you should have purchased where you plan to have it serviced even it would have cost you more. Just my 2 cents.

Yes it's a 2014, I saved over $3,000 and there are NO dealers within 200 miles of me as of right now. I do have several I can/could go to if need be though. How much servicing do you think I will need in the next 5 years or so? and for what? just asking...

SpyderAnn01
02-28-2014, 08:42 PM
Yes it's a 2014, I saved over $3,000 and there are NO dealers within 200 miles of me as of right now. I do have several I can/could go to if need be though. How much servicing do you think I will need in the next 5 years or so? and for what? just asking...

You never know what might go wrong, they are pretty complex machines. But I think they were trying to warn you that some dealers are not likely to bend over backwards to work on Spyders that they didn't sell. That said there are also some dealers that don't bend over backwards for their own customers either.

I would suggest that you stop in and meet the service department at the dealership that you plan to use for service. Get a feel for how long they take to give appointments, etc. Your first service is at 3,000 miles.

redrt
02-28-2014, 08:49 PM
Up frount buying new is just one part of getting a new toy. Think of the long term maintince add ons and repair. (service) We did not get ours from the closest but its less than 100 miles from home. Our dealer worked out well, let me come into the shop for the first sevice and the tec walked
us through the whole process. We plan on doing the normal sevice at home. And will use the dealer
for other things that take high tec tools or things beynond my skills. I paid a little more for my Harley at a dealer close to home but if I need a tire before a spur of the moment trip they will put it on for me. Jim The same went into the Canam, Pitbull is great but the 7 hour trip is out. Had to settle for closer to home. Some day if we retire to the Osarks we can use a dealer that lives Canams.

NancysToy
02-28-2014, 08:57 PM
Give the guy a break! For that amount of money, with no dealer close by, I would be tempted to travel too. Let's not bust his chops for it. My suggestion would be to try to establish a relationship with a dealer that is closest. Have the first service done there. That will tell you a lot about them...and will let them know you'd like to work with them. Tell them the truth...that you have no dealer near you and you are searching for one to rely on. You are not local to them, so they can't necessarily expect for you to have bought from them. Lots of dealers will do right by you. Give them a chance. And to those who thrive on sour candy...try some sugar, it might do you good.

ChrisW
02-28-2014, 08:59 PM
Up frount buying new is just one part of getting a new toy. Think of the long term maintince add ons and repair. (service) We did not get ours from the closest but its less than 100 miles from home. Our dealer worked out well, let me come into the shop for the first sevice and the tec walked
us through the whole process. We plan on doing the normal sevice at home. And will use the dealer
for other things that take high tec tools or things beynond my skills. I paid a little more for my Harley at a dealer close to home but if I need a tire before a spur of the moment trip they will put it on for me. Jim The same went into the Canam, Pitbull is great but the 7 hour trip is out. Had to settle for closer to home. Some day if we retire to the Osarks we can use a dealer that lives Canams.

One of the dealers I went to see was putting together a new bike and the radiator fins were already bent up on both sides, that's what I'm working with.:banghead:

NancysToy
02-28-2014, 09:01 PM
One of the dealers I went to see was putting together a new bike and the radiator fins were already bent up on both sides, that's what I'm working with.:banghead:
Sounds like one to avoid!

Deanna777
03-01-2014, 02:45 PM
:congrats: on your new :spyder2:. Enjoy your :spyder2:. :nopic: of your new :spyder2:.
Deanna777

fastfraser
03-01-2014, 02:53 PM
Welcome to the nest !:cheers:hears to miles of smiles.