PDA

View Full Version : Air ride issue

Alberts46
02-27-2014, 09:32 PM
When I hit the air ride up down switch I am having problems about 50% of the time. Sometimes it shows the bar graph and I can choose, other half the time an orange box appears on the left that says Manual. I know it is referring to the owners manual but anyone have an idea of what the problem may be before I take it to the dealer.

NancysToy
02-27-2014, 09:40 PM
I could be wrong in this case, but I suspect you have two interacting problems. The first is a programming problem where the high and low sensor limits are set the same. When the system passes the set limit, it will revert to manual. Note that bad ACS sensor or a disconnected sensor link can do much the same thing. The second problem would be a system that is leaking down air, allowing the sensor to drop below the limit and allow the system to work again. Your dealer should take a look at it.

Alberts46
02-27-2014, 09:50 PM
Thank you, great information and may be a great help to the dealer in locating the problem.

kyspyder
02-27-2014, 10:00 PM
In addition to the solution that Scotty has suggested, I would like to recommend that you first look very, very, closely at the wiring to the ACS switch at the top of the ACS arm to see if the wires may have become pinched. A number of Spyders displaying the "MANUAL" message intermittently have had pinched or otherwise damaged wiring. Just a thought!

KYSPYDER

NancysToy
02-27-2014, 10:36 PM
In addition to the solution that Scotty has suggested, I would like to recommend that you first look very, very, closely at the wiring to the ACS switch at the top of the ACS arm to see if the wires may have become pinched. A number of Spyders displaying the "MANUAL" message intermittently have had pinched or otherwise damaged wiring. Just a thought!

KYSPYDER

Good idea! Wires skinned by the belt could also do it.

NancysToy
02-27-2014, 10:46 PM
Thank you, great information and may be a great help to the dealer in locating the problem.
Here's what I would suggest you and/or the dealer do.....

Charge the system through the air valve under the seat. Record the pressure, then check again the next day. Los of more than a couple of pounds would indicate a leak. Check the Schrader valve core (or replace it) if you have a leak. If that is OK, the piping and airbag will have to be tested.

Inspect the ACS sensor mounted near the front of the left side of the swingarm. There should be a plastic link attached. A bent or disconnected link would be a problem.

Inspect the wires connected to the sensor for damage or a disconnected connector.

With BUDS, check the ACS sensor limits. If they are programmed to the same number they will have to be recalibrated using a calibration block, following the BRP procedure.

Check the air release solenoid for proper operation via BUDS. If a leak was indicated, it should also be checked for leaks.

Hawk
02-28-2014, 09:01 AM
Here's what I would suggest you and/or the dealer do.....

Charge the system through the air valve under the seat. Record the pressure, then check again the next day. Los of more than a couple of pounds would indicate a leak. Check the Schrader valve core (or replace it) if you have a leak. If that is OK, the piping and airbag will have to be tested.

Inspect the ACS sensor mounted near the front of the left side of the swingarm. There should be a plastic link attached. A bent or disconnected link would be a problem.

Inspect the wires connected to the sensor for damage or a disconnected connector.

With BUDS, check the ACS sensor limits. If they are programmed to the same number they will have to be recalibrated using a calibration block, following the BRP procedure.

Check the air release solenoid for proper operation via BUDS. If a leak was indicated, it should also be checked for leaks.

I had a bad solenoid on mine, happened twice. I had issues with my air system on my 11 though. They replaced the compressor once too.

RonD
02-28-2014, 09:49 AM
I had the exact same problem. The dealer had to replace the compressor. OK now.