PDA

View Full Version : Grumpy at Motoplex

PatGund
02-27-2014, 01:48 PM
Since I was about to fly down to San Diego to drive a rental truck back to Edmonds, I dropped off my RT for it's 5000 mile maintenance.

They did the usual work, along with replacing the balancer shaft and oil seal gasket ahead of time, (they seem to be treating that as a recall and doing it as preventive). They also found and fixed the broken seal in the back top case that was leaking rainwater. They want me to put more miles on it. So far so good.

However, I also asked them to order and install the bluetooth dongle for it. That's when I ran into problems.

I made the appointment a week before I was to drop it off. When I did, I found they hadn't ordered the dongle and had no record of my requesting it. Annoying, but since it's going to be a week before I come back....

Wednesday I go to get it. I find that they disconnected the XM radio. When I ask, they say that the XM has to be disconnected to make the bluetooth work.

While I know the CB has to be disconnected (I don't have the CB, so it's academic to me), this is the first I've heard that the Bluetooth doesn't work with it. And I can't find anything anywhere that states the Bluetooth is incompatible with the XM. In fact, BRP's own bulletin seems to suggest otherwise.

http://can-am.brp.com/content/dam/seadoo/Global/MY2014/Documents/Community/Can-Am-Bluetooth-Communication-System_EN-blog-.pdf

I called BRP and while they want to confirm it, the tech I talked to said there wasn't any reason why the XM had to be disconnected to make the bluetooth work. At this point, I'm a bit annoyed at Motoplex - and if it turns out they DID make a mistake in disconnecting it, wondering what else they might mess up.

jerpinoy
02-27-2014, 02:04 PM
I'm sorry too, I hope they'll get it right.

PatGund
02-27-2014, 05:18 PM
I called the service department of some of the local dealers.

Lifestyles Honda - XM works with the Bluetooth, no problem, no need for disconnection.
Brothers Powersports - Of course they work together
Clem's Enumclaw Powersports - No problems they know of.
Larson Powersports - They've seen units with both on and working, so no problem.

I've sent the above bulletin to Motoplex, so hopefully they'll be able to correct what looks more and more like a mistake.

PatGund
02-28-2014, 01:56 PM
So heard back from Motoplex last night.

They're supposed to call BRP in the morning. Seems they can't figure out how to connect the Bluetooth without having to disconnect the XM radio, so they want to ask the mothership for help.

This is rapidly getting to the point that I'm wondering if I should continue to use them for ANY repairs or maintenance, pre-paid maintenance and warrantee be damned.

ARtraveler
02-28-2014, 03:33 PM
:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Hoping they get the issue solved quickly. :yes:

chuck gross
03-01-2014, 12:04 AM
Lifestyles has a platinum certified mechanic actually(triple platinum) for sea-Doo, Ski-Doo and Can-Am this means he is top notch BRP trained .
A freind of mine told me about how great the service team at lifestyles has been for him with his Ski-Doos and I have to agree they are absolutely top notch we have purchased two Spyders from this dealership and have all of our service done there as well.
the entire Staff have been great to deal with and seem to be nice regular down to Earth people. :clap:

PatGund
03-04-2014, 02:25 PM
So Motoplex talked with BRP, BRP told me the thread on the BRP "Community" for dealers to point them to. RT is back in their hands, problem should be fixed soon.

One note, it looks like the SM10 dongle was "bricked" to begin with, as it would do nothing save show a single red light. Sena had me try to connect it to the device manager software, and it wouldn't recognize. (note to BMP, would it really hurt you to include the proper USB cable with that dongle??). So that's going to be replaced as well.

PatGund
03-07-2014, 03:28 PM
Dropped off my RT tuesday. Yesterday Motoplex asked for my helmet, so they could test out the connections.

They emailed me this morning. Bitsy is ready, except their technician claims that Sena, Chatterbox, and Scala all use "different bluetooth signals" and so to use the Can-Am branded Sena SM10 dongle, I'm going to need to replace my ScalaRider G9 headset with a Sena headset.

My response was to send them full instructions along with a YouTube video on how to pair the SM10 and the ScalaRider G9 together.

Cranky Patrick is VERY cranky.

crazycanuck
03-08-2014, 10:55 AM
Dropped off my RT tuesday. Yesterday Motoplex asked for my helmet, so they could test out the connections.

They emailed me this morning. Bitsy is ready, except their technician claims that Sena, Chatterbox, and Scala all use "different bluetooth signals" and so to use the Can-Am branded Sena SM10 dongle, I'm going to need to replace my ScalaRider G9 headset with a Sena headset.

My response was to send them full instructions along with a YouTube video on how to pair the SM10 and the ScalaRider G9 together.

Cranky Patrick is VERY cranky.

Hope you get it working. I have only been to lifestyles for service and have been very happy.

PatGund
03-08-2014, 04:47 PM
Got Bitsy back from Motoplex today. Between the info BRP sent them and the info I sent them, (including videos), everything is now back to working.

I have to give credit to the people at Motoplex for sticking with the issue and doing their best to make things right.