PDA

View Full Version : Scorpio alarm

jwulf74
02-25-2014, 09:41 PM
Now that the Spyders and Scorpios have been out for a while, for those that have them, what has your experience been with them? good? have the perimeter sensors done well? Have the alarms drained the Spyder batteries?

Also, for the ignition kill/anti-hijack, has anyone hooked the Scorpio up to do that? Has anyone done it by tapping into the kill switch?

Thanks.

stevedfive
02-25-2014, 11:03 PM
I had an i900 on my old 2010 RT and loved it. I also had the perimeter sensor. When I can afford another one, I will get it for my 2014.

Dragonfly
02-25-2014, 11:52 PM
I have the I 900 installed on my 2013 with the proximity, tilt sensor. I have the remote ignition shut off but reluctant to install.
The alarm definitely makes for an additional conversation item, last time I had the Spyder at the dealer he called me to bring by the FOB because the Spyder would not shut up. (he said that it was not needed at first). As for the battery being drained? it would have to be many months without starting the Spyder. The controller has it's own battery to keep the unit hot and like my dealer he disconnected the Spyder battery abd pushed the bike outside until the internal alarm battery was drained.