PDA

View Full Version : New member with a question

DubuqueSpyderRyder
02-23-2014, 08:34 PM
Hello everyone, my wife and I are (no...make that were...) Goldwing owners with a penchant for long rides. We decided this past November to upgrade to a much better ride and ordered a new 2014 Spyder RT. My dealer called and said it will be here within 2 weeks. HooRah ! We've been reading the forum for a couple of months now and have a question....what exactly does the Baja Ron's Anti Sway Bar do and should I think about ordering one for my new ride ? Thanks for your help. DubuqueSpyderRyder

BLUEKNIGHT911
02-23-2014, 08:39 PM
I think He has one for the 2014's ........you should PM him direct......Mike :thumbup:

Cruzr Joe
02-23-2014, 08:39 PM
Hello everyone, my wife and I are (no...make that were...) Goldwing owners with a penchant for long rides. We decided this past November to upgrade to a much better ride and ordered a new 2014 Spyder RT. My dealer called and said it will be here within 2 weeks. HooRah ! We've been reading the forum for a couple of months now and have a question....what exactly does the Baja Ron's Anti Sway Bar do and should I think about ordering one for my new ride ? Thanks for your help. DubuqueSpyderRyder

The bar is an upgrade to the original factory bar and makes the front end stiffer and handle better especially in the curves and for freeway riding, it increases the control you have on the Spyder and is highly recommended. Welcome to the "More Smiles per Mile" club. And yes they make them for the 14 and should be in stock.

Cruzr Joe

Bob Denman
02-23-2014, 09:40 PM
:welcome: :ohyea::yes: :2thumbs:

Jim&Teresa
02-23-2014, 10:39 PM
:congrats::welcome:

I had the BajaRon performance sway bar on my 2012 RT Limited and loved it. I will be putting one on the 2014 RT Limited.

I highly recommend this addition...worked great for me!

Congrats on your new Spyder:thumbup::thumbup:

Tulefog
02-23-2014, 11:33 PM
Welcome to the group, the Spyder is a lot of fun to ryde, different than a two wheeler. I put the stiffer swaybar on my 2013 RT because it reduces body roll on sweeping highway curves, that seems to make those big curves more comfortable, especially with a passenger on the motorcycle. Highway 52 north of Dubuque would be more comfortable with the stiffer swaybar, since it has so many twists and curves.
Good luck on your decision, it seemed to make a difference and i ride a lot of twisty mountain roads, and California does not let guard rails spoil the view on a lot of the mountain highways.

ARtraveler
02-24-2014, 01:36 AM

:welcome: and :congrats: on your new ryde.

GloryRyders
02-24-2014, 06:41 AM
:welcome: and :congrats: on your new :spyder:......................let the farkles begin!:yes:

Highwayman2013
02-24-2014, 07:05 AM
Welcome! The Ron Bar is one of the best add ons to a spyder you can do. Then get a Laser alignment, you won't be disappointed.:)

Purple Guy
02-24-2014, 07:25 AM
:welcome:

BajaRon's sway bar is the #1 upgrade for a Spyder.
I highly recommend it and Ron's a great guy to deal with! :thumbup:

Lamonster
02-24-2014, 08:02 AM
:welcome:
I just put one on my new RT. If you ride hard or ride two up all the time it's a must have item. :doorag:

Deanna777
02-24-2014, 07:05 PM
:welcome:and :congrats: and Don't be shy about asking questions on this site , we are here to help. Also, :nopic: of your :spyder:. Deanna777

SpyderDen
02-24-2014, 07:47 PM
:agree: With all the above. Originally from Platteville WI just 20 miles from you, I can say Ron's bar is the most bang for the buck. You will not regret this purchase.

spyder-dude
02-24-2014, 08:50 PM
I agree that Baja Ron's sway bar is a great improvement! Just had mine installed last week by Ron. Amazing the different in the twisties for me. But also get the Laser alignment done by Lamont or Spyder Pops and that will help as well. :thumbup: