PDA

View Full Version : Just A Thought....

hchays
02-23-2014, 07:11 PM
I understand that SpyderLovers is a website for sharing opinions/information and a lot of people feel like family on here. If someone places a posting to sell something in the For Sale Forum, the information that they supply (details, price, etc..) is more than likely what they know about or want for the item. My thought is that we all need to be respectful of that. I see quite often where a member will post to sell their Spyder and another member will reply that "you can buy a new one for that price". In my opinion that is disrespectful and should not happen. If it is being posted to "help" the seller then please send the seller a private message (IM). What if someone was interested in that Spyder for the listed price and a comment like that changed their mind. What if you were the seller? You probably wouldn't be very happy... Just think before you post things..... This is just my opinion. I do not mean to offend anyone, just trying to open peoples eyes.

ARtraveler
02-23-2014, 07:17 PM
Those are great points to ponder. You are right on the money that it is wrong to put the squelch to someone's sale by commenting about wrong price etc. The market will determine if the price is wrong--IMO. I generally stay out of sale posts, unless I can make a positive comment for the person. PM communication with the poster is probably best if you have things to criticize about the ad. Requests for pictures or additional information are good though--IMO.

Blue Star
02-23-2014, 07:22 PM
I understand that SpyderLovers is a website for sharing opinions/information and a lot of people feel like family on here. If someone places a posting to sell something in the For Sale Forum, the information that they supply (details, price, etc..) is more than likely what they know about or want for the item. My thought is that we all need to be respectful of that. I see quite often where a member will post to sell their Spyder and another member will reply that "you can buy a new one for that price". In my opinion that is disrespectful and should not happen. If it is being posted to "help" the seller then please send the seller a private message (IM). What if someone was interested in that Spyder for the listed price and a comment like that changed their mind. What if you were the seller? You probably wouldn't be very happy... Just think before you post things..... This is just my opinion. I do not mean to offend anyone, just trying to open peoples eyes.

The only time (once) that I replied to a for sale post about pricing was to say the I bought the same item for more, and that they were selling it at a great price.

Those are great points to ponder. You are right on the money that it is wrong to put the squelch to someone's sale by commenting about wrong price etc. The market will determine if the price is wrong--IMO. I generally stay out of sale posts, unless I can make a positive comment for the person. PM communication with the poster is probably best if you have things to criticize about the ad. Requests for pictures or additional information are good though--IMO.

:agree:

hchays
02-23-2014, 07:24 PM
:agree: positive posts are good. I also would hope that members would think about adding pictures if they are going to sell something. Respect is a two way street. I won't buy anything that I can't see. However I know that pictures are not the easiest thing to post on SpyderLovers. So if you don't know, you must use something like Photo Bucket to create a link. That is the way I have done it anyway. Just an FYI....

spydaman60
02-23-2014, 07:34 PM
not that I would make a habit of posting on a "for sale" item, but it works both ways. granted a pm should be sent, but info as to what prices are available on new ones also protects the buyer who may know little to nothing about what he is looking at. just saying, in some cases protection of the buyer is important too. not trying to get anything started, just stating a point!

hchays
02-23-2014, 07:58 PM
not that I would make a habit of posting on a "for sale" item, but it works both ways. granted a pm should be sent, but info as to what prices are available on new ones also protects the buyer who may know little to nothing about what he is looking at. just saying, in some cases protection of the buyer is important too. not trying to get anything started, just stating a point!

In my opinion we are not here to do the research for someone on a specific item. If you are not the seller or the buyer it is not your business. Also just because a dealer is listing a new spyder for $14,000 does not mean that is what you are buying it for. By the time a buyer gets out the dealers door they are spending $18,000-$19,000. If you don't know the seller, buyer or the specific item being sold then how can you say it's a good deal or not. Just because you would not buy it does not mean someone else wouldn't or that you should spend their money for them. It's simply a respect thing, not a for sale forum police thing. If your not buying, selling or commenting a positive and fact about the specific item it is a disrespectful and unnecessary post.

SteveMac
02-23-2014, 08:01 PM

:agree::agree::agree::agree::agree:

mastertek2000
02-23-2014, 08:58 PM
In my opinion we are not here to do the research for someone on a specific item. If you are not the seller or the buyer it is not your business. Also just because a dealer is listing a new spyder for $14,000 does not mean that is what you are buying it for. By the time a buyer gets out the dealers door they are spending $18,000-$19,000. If you don't know the seller, buyer or the specific item being sold then how can you say it's a good deal or not. Just because you would not buy it does not mean someone else wouldn't or that you should spend their money for them. It's simply a respect thing, not a for sale forum police thing. If your not buying, selling or commenting a positive and fact about the specific item it is a disrespectful and unnecessary post.

great post just had that done on my bike by mcaccamise (http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/member.php?10982-mcaccamise) http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?63766-2012-RS
yet he has to under stand by the time you get out the door like you stated your at least $18000 and that is stock so by the time you add

heated Corbin seat-$800

full cover and travel cover-$295

HMF exhaust plus programer-
K& N filter-$779.95

all led lights plus brake modulator
front turn signal running lights and turns-$700

passenger extended pegs-$225

smooth spider belt tension-$285.00

front fox shocks-$400

custom rear trunk system-priceless

passenger backrest with sport rack-$750

drivers backrest-100

saddle bags -$800

cruise control -50

your about $4384 whit out labor never less

i did call the dealer and he said retail for my bike stock was $12000 i figured it was a deal with all the extras

anthony422
02-24-2014, 09:15 AM
just be nice boys and girls....:lecturef_smilie:

joebryanjr
02-24-2014, 09:20 AM
The value of something is determined by the buyer and seller and reflects much more than those who see a for sale post.
I agree a PM to the seller may be helpful, but unless you are in the same area and have intimate knowledge of the unit being sold your opinion is of little value.

R30SHIRE
02-24-2014, 12:09 PM
I understand that SpyderLovers is a website for sharing opinions/information and a lot of people feel like family on here. If someone places a posting to sell something in the For Sale Forum, the information that they supply (details, price, etc..) is more than likely what they know about or want for the item. My thought is that we all need to be respectful of that. I see quite often where a member will post to sell their Spyder and another member will reply that "you can buy a new one for that price". In my opinion that is disrespectful and should not happen. If it is being posted to "help" the seller then please send the seller a private message (IM). What if someone was interested in that Spyder for the listed price and a comment like that changed their mind. What if you were the seller? You probably wouldn't be very happy... Just think before you post things..... This is just my opinion. I do not mean to offend anyone, just trying to open peoples eyes. I totally agree. Thanks for posting this.

Bob Denman
02-24-2014, 12:12 PM
I will often post in here to offer a suggestion to the O.P., that adding pictures can help "prime the pumps"...
Otherwise; I just wish folks well with their sale.:thumbup:
This post offers some VERY good advice for the "armchair quarterbacks" out there...

Bass 6
03-01-2014, 12:09 AM
Amen, thanks for sharing and teaching to other that it is all about respect. :clap:

Lamonster
03-01-2014, 05:26 AM
:agree: positive posts are good. I also would hope that members would think about adding pictures if they are going to sell something. Respect is a two way street. I won't buy anything that I can't see. However I know that pictures are not the easiest thing to post on SpyderLovers. So if you don't know, you must use something like Photo Bucket to create a link. That is the way I have done it anyway. Just an FYI....
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?32274-Posting-Pictures-from-your-hard-drive-on-this-board

3 Wheel Addict
03-01-2014, 08:03 AM
I have had that happen to me many times on other forums. Post something for sale and some *****bag will post that he found the same thing on ebay for less money and then give a link to it! Makes you wonder if it's his item for sale!

Vrooom
03-01-2014, 06:28 PM
Some comments on this forum come across like a parent's admonition or spanking , rather than a tactful assistance. Others will accept your comments more easily if you are not hostile or short. How your comments are worded can make a big difference. Just saying'.

hchays
03-01-2014, 07:09 PM
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?32274-Posting-Pictures-from-your-hard-drive-on-this-board

Great link on posting pictures! I didn't know that existed....

coz
03-01-2014, 08:37 PM
Some comments on this forum come across like a parent's admonition or spanking , rather than a tactful assistance. Others will accept your comments more easily if you are not hostile or short. How your comments are worded can make a big difference. Just saying'. if you find someone or there comments irritating, just put them on your ignore list. it works really well.:roflblack:,,,,,:thumbup: p.s. if you're not buying what someone is selling.....butt out. p.s.s. feel free to put me on your ignore list.:roflblack:

Vrooom
03-02-2014, 12:31 PM
if you find someone or there comments irritating, just put them on your ignore list. it works really well.:roflblack:,,,,,:thumbup: p.s. if you're not buying what someone is selling.....butt out. p.s.s. feel free to put me on your ignore list.:roflblack:

Coz,

Thank you for not ignoring me:clap:. I usually find others comments interesting, not "irritating"' as you surmised, (that includes there spelling), so, "their"! :roflblack:

coz
03-02-2014, 06:01 PM
i would never put a fellow buckeye on my ignore list. :roflblack: :thumbup: so there !:thumbup: