PDA

View Full Version : Short But Sweet

stillriding
02-23-2014, 12:54 PM
Finally, I got to ride my new RTS. The temperature yesterday rose to the mid 40s, the roads were mostly dry with no salt, it was sunny and it was very windy with strong gusts. A good chance to experience the Spyder. I had Baja Ron's anti-sway bar installed before taking delivery so I don't know what the ride would have been like totally stock. The steering is very responsive to rider input without producing alarming results. It hugs the road in curves and handles strong wind gusts tremendously. The SE6 shifts smoothly and sharply and often seems to read my mind when I want to downshift. The new engine definitely requires keeping an eye on the speedometer because high speeds can be obtained effortlessly. And it is so quick and easy to check the oil level! The ride was only 22-miles, enough to whet my appetite for the (near, I hope) future. One thing I learned very quickly was that BRP's backrest, though attractive, has to go. It's too vertical with no way to adjust it. In fact, since I enjoyed an Ultimate Seat before, I'll be ordering their seat and backrest tomorrow. OK Denman, it's your turn...when the weather permits.

Bob Denman
02-23-2014, 01:37 PM
Doing my buck nekkid, warm-weather dance in the front yard right now!!! :thumbup: :roflblack:
What are you gonna do with that backrest?? :shocked:

ARtraveler
02-23-2014, 02:42 PM
Glad to hear you are rydeing. :thumbup::thumbup:

Ken Thomas
02-23-2014, 04:57 PM
Doing my buck nekkid, warm-weather dance in the front yard right now!!! :thumbup: :roflblack:

Prefer to see the Fawn nekkid dance........................................:shoc ked::shocked::shocked::shocked::shocked::shocked:: shocked:

stillriding
02-23-2014, 05:22 PM
​I'm pretty sure the dealer will take it back.

SDM
02-23-2014, 05:39 PM

83693 My eyes!!!:yikes: