PDA

View Full Version : 55 degrees today wipe the sts down and had to do it !

Edsts
02-22-2014, 10:31 PM
Told my self very quickly , I must take the sts out and stretch her legs, lol
I did not last too long out side , got discourage with these got dam pot holes
every time I miss one creator with the front wheel , I would catch the creator with the rear ,
Wheel hell no went back home ! It was fun while it lasted.

Dan_Ashley
02-22-2014, 10:33 PM
every time I miss one creator with the front wheel , I would catch the creator with the rear ,
How many creators did you catch?

DrewNJ
02-22-2014, 10:38 PM
The wife and I went for a short ride today too. Just a few towns over to grab some lunch. I saw 57 degrees on my iPhone.
You get used to doing the 3 wheel straddle on those pot holes pretty quick. We seem to always have some crappy roads so I'm used to it. However, some are for sure Spyder swallowing holes!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

frenchek
02-23-2014, 10:48 AM
yea, finally warmed up in Pennsylvania, but still can't get out. we live on a country road {gravel, mud now } that is a mile from the paved road and then the driveway {gravel, mud now} is about a mile long. it is major clean-up after taking a spin this time of year. WHEN IS IT GONNA END

Jim&Teresa
02-23-2014, 10:53 AM

Best wishes for safe rydin' out there with those :cus: potholes....roads are so bad in Minnesnowta that it's being called roadpocolypse! Not only large number of potholes, but they are getting huge! Be careful out there...wish I could ryde, but looks like a few months before we can get out there on our Spyders.

Glad for those of you who have warm enough weather to ryde! :yes::yes: We're in another polar vortex :banghead::banghead:

Cruzr Joe
02-23-2014, 10:57 AM
Leaving Tunica Mississippi here in 30 minutes for the 175 mile ride home, the weather is beautiful. :yes::yes:

(Sorry, had to rub it in). :shemademe_smilie:

cruzr joe

SNOOPY
02-23-2014, 11:00 AM
Up to 67 here today and clear, heading out in a bit. :yes:

Sarge707
02-23-2014, 12:46 PM
I put on 90 Miles yesterday in the Highway Loop around my town- Did 4 Big laps and enjoyed every second because I had Not been out since Mid Jan BUT Last winter it was at least 6 times a month ALL winter? This winter Sucks!!!!!!!!!:banghead:

rhansen309
02-23-2014, 01:11 PM
Roads in this part of Michigan are horrible. I have an F-150 that I think will get eaten by some holes. My wife and I were talking that I would miss the hole with the front wheels but catch it with the rear wheel. No fun for her. Also one of the roads we travel every day has buckled in so many places the ride would be bumpy to say the least. Can't wait for the weather to get warm!!!!

900Dave
02-23-2014, 02:12 PM
Almost did it. I was just down there looking at it and almost pulled it out. But then I remembered the pot hole that almost swallowed my crewcab Dually yesterday! Plus snowmelt and salt all over the roads today. Cold the rest of the week here in PA with some more snow possible. I will wait and see what March has in store for us.

Rid'nrandy
02-23-2014, 02:29 PM
yea, finally warmed up in Pennsylvania, but still can't get out. we live on a country road {gravel, mud now } that is a mile from the paved road and then the driveway {gravel, mud now} is about a mile long. it is major clean-up after taking a spin this time of year. WHEN IS IT GONNA END

We have similar circumstances only it's our lane that's gravel (about 1200 feet). When the frost starts going out it's not a good idea to drive anything on it other than our four wheel drive vehicles. Patience, difficult, but necessary. Won't be long.

ARtraveler
02-23-2014, 02:31 PM
Ten above here---but---the sun is shining and the sky is blue. :thumbup:

SpydermanCT
02-23-2014, 02:52 PM
I put on 90 Miles yesterday in the Highway Loop around my town- Did 4 Big laps and enjoyed every second because I had Not been out since Mid Jan BUT Last winter it was at least 6 times a month ALL winter? This winter Sucks!!!!!!!!!:banghead:

Is that the ferry by Goodspeed Opera Sarge? It was a great weekend in Connecticut for riding. Temps in the low 50's and even some sun. I found the roads were actually pretty good as far as pot holes are but the bike sure needed a good cleaning from all the sand when I got done.

Sarge707
02-23-2014, 05:56 PM
Is that the ferry by Goodspeed Opera Sarge? It was a great weekend in Connecticut for riding. Temps in the low 50's and even some sun. I found the roads were actually pretty good as far as pot holes are but the bike sure needed a good cleaning from all the sand when I got done.

Yes! Had about a 20 Minute cleaning job to as the RS has No rear fender and the RT is waiting to go in for the Gear Position Sensor replacement in April.

Bob Denman
02-23-2014, 06:08 PM
Dodging potholes is "dodgy" business... :D
You kind of have to put a front wheel JUST to the outer edge of the :cus:...
And hope it's not wide enough to grab the rear wheel as it tries to sneak by! :shocked:
We wait until they actually start trying to fill some of the larger ones... that have subcompacts parked in them!! :yikes:

SNOOPY
02-23-2014, 08:13 PM
Up to 67 here today and clear, heading out in a bit. :yes:

Ended end up having a nice 2 hour ride today, longest I have had yet. Getting more comfortable w the bike definitely.

Nice ride down our beach strip, keep forgetting to hook up the GoPro. :banghead:

billrob71
02-23-2014, 08:26 PM
Was a beautiful week end and made it out for a couple hours and got a good cleaning in after I was done. Was great to get back out on the scooter a little bit. Sucks it's suppose to snow this week again here. :(

Edsts
02-23-2014, 09:27 PM
How many creators did you catch?

Was glad I made the right decision ,