PDA

View Full Version : Spyder Value

R FUN
02-22-2014, 03:09 PM
I have been riding motorcycles for nearly 64 years.I raced snowmobiles for Bombardier in the sixties and with Jon Luke Bombardier in western Canada and the US .
Since retiring 20 years ago I have been associated with one of Bombardiers competitor dealers. A few years ago there was lack of snow in Canada and northern
US. Snowmobile sales was very poor which meant the manufacturer got stuck with hundreds if not thousands of unsold sleds.They ended up discounting them thousands of dollars to the dealers [does this sound familliar]. I hauled loads of them from the factory to the dealership and they sold them all at a great discount. This in turn devalued all the older sleds as you could buy a new one for less than your used one was worth. This in turn caused the currant year sleds not to sell Causing a deep discount the following year on those sleds. Has there been a lesson learned. Once the initial Hype is over how many faithful followers are willing to take the big loss on there currant ride just to get a new one, not me. I will be waiting to see if they end up with a backlog of unsold machines and will be dumping them too. I think if ALL the dealers could of got together and not taken the 2013s things would have been better for all of us, maybe not BRP.
Just this old coots thinking.

ARtraveler
02-22-2014, 03:59 PM
Close out 2014 will probably result in some very good deals. The issue for a lot of customers is that they can't wait.

IdahoMtnSpyder
02-22-2014, 04:20 PM
Close out 2014 will probably result in some very good deals. The issue for a lot of customers is that they can't wait.
Don't count on it, at least not until mid year IMO. The current rebate and MA promotion from BRP looks to be the same as the one from Nov to Jan, which wasn't much better, if any, than the one before that. When I was talking to the local dealer back in Nov he was willing to set aside a machine for me but not transact the sale until February because he expected the rebates to be greater. Turns out they are not. Makes me more happy I bought my same-as-new used machine in November.

R FUN
02-22-2014, 04:35 PM
I have a 2012 RT Limited. What a great machine. I think Brp has come a long ways and I too would love to get a 2014 with all the improvements . I envy anyone with the 2014 as you should love your new machine. I just do not like the way our rides has lost so much value. Hope things get back to normal as it finally did in the snowmobile industry and we can all get a good deal. I'm never wrong but i'm sometimes mistaken.

DrewNJ
02-22-2014, 06:07 PM
According to autoevolution, Last I read BRP sales were up 27% for 2013 compared to being up 2.7% for 2012. This was after going public and extending manufacturing. The Spyder and side by side were the highlight of their numbers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk