PDA

View Full Version : smart hand gun

wyliec
02-22-2014, 07:41 AM
http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/news/world/americas/article4012854.ece

I stumbled on to this when trying to find out more about the two ex seals that were found dead on the Maersk Alabama.

Getting back to the smart hand gun, I'm not sure what the point is of that hand gun, unless it's meant to prevent accidental discharge by a child.

Woody
02-22-2014, 08:21 AM
It would also prevent a LEO from getting shot with their own gun, which happens.

Bob Denman
02-22-2014, 08:58 AM
They could still get shot with their own weapon :shocked:
If they're struggling with the baddie for control, and their firing hand is close enough to transmit the signal... :yikes:

The ONLY thing that makes a handgun safe; proper safe handling skills being utilized by the owner.
IMPROPER handling skills are also what makes them dangerous... :lecturef_smilie:

mindman
02-22-2014, 11:54 AM
could also prevent someone from taking your gun away from you and shooting you with it, or someone stealing it from wherever you have it, and selling / using it to commit a crime

Pirate looks at --
02-22-2014, 12:12 PM
http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/news/world/americas/article4012854.ece

I stumbled on to this when trying to find out more about the two ex seals that were found dead on the Maersk Alabama.

Getting back to the smart hand gun, I'm not sure what the point is of that hand gun, unless it's meant to prevent accidental discharge by a child.

....or by a Spyder Ryder!:roflblack:

Bob Denman
02-22-2014, 06:27 PM
could also prevent someone from taking your gun away from you and shooting you with it, or someone stealing it from wherever you have it, and selling / using it to commit a crime

And if they cut your hand off to get the secret decoder ring??? :yikes:

Don't rely on technology to do what should be done by a responsible adult; handle any firearm responsibly, and I can pretty much guarantee you that your name will never be on "Page One"... :thumbup:

Dan_Ashley
02-22-2014, 10:13 PM
It would also prevent a LEO from getting shot with their own gun, which happens.
My partner did that. Shot himself in the foot. The right foot. The gun was still in the holster. He did it during roll call. Scared the bejesus out of everyone. He never lived it down. Never. We all called him Bam-Bam after that. We even got him a name tag that said "Bam-Bam." He left his locker open when he went to take a shower once. I put the Bam-Bam tag on his uniform. He didn't notice. But the watch commander during inspection noticed. It was way beyond funny.

Bob Denman
02-23-2014, 09:08 AM
And what do we ALWAYS teach them?
:lecturef_smilie: Never, never, NEVER put your trigger finger inside the holster when drawing the sidearm!
And keep it on the tigger guard until it's "Go-Time"!

Dan McNally
02-23-2014, 09:36 AM
Another mindless "safety" feature that could fail when you are fighting for your life.

Jeriatric
02-23-2014, 09:42 AM
Must insert token before pulling trigger. All rounds must have a genetic marker.

What next?

DR Buck
02-23-2014, 10:23 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrAwb9ptu9U (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrAwb9ptu9U)

Cruzr Joe
02-23-2014, 11:01 AM

Don't rely on technology to do what should be done by a responsible adult; handle any firearm responsibly, and I can pretty much guarantee you that your name will never be on "Page One"... :thumbup:

:agree:

Cruzr joe

mindman
02-24-2014, 11:28 AM

Good point! I've seen too many Sci-Fi movies where they cut some guys hand off or scoop out his eye to beat biometric security. I'd sure hate to have them knock me out, and cut off my hand, so they could shoot me ! :yikes:

Bob Denman
02-24-2014, 11:33 AM
Once they figured out what they need to make the sidearm operate; you become expendable... :shocked:

cuznjohn
02-24-2014, 01:27 PM
well they had something like this in the movie JUDGE DREAD and if it was in a movie it could be available for us

Bob Denman
02-24-2014, 01:30 PM
DNA-based security blocks are an AWFUL long way off...
You and I will be long-forgotten, before they get here... :thumbup: