PDA

View Full Version : had my new st only one day and battery is dead

352smiley
02-21-2014, 10:54 AM
:gaah:I just bought a brand new st on sat and had to take it back to the dealer cause of a dead battery, that was on Tuesday and its Friday and its still there. why does it take them so long just to replace a battery!!!!

jaherbst
02-21-2014, 10:59 AM
Dealer-Dealer-----No Stock--No Stock--No Shock--No Shock Sorry, couldn't resist. Try Batteries Plus.

352smiley
02-21-2014, 11:01 AM
Dealer-Dealer-----No Stock--No Stock--No Shock--No Shock Sorry, couldn't resist. Try Batteries Plus.

I would but its a brand new bike it has 10 miles on it. I drove it from the dealer to my home then back .

Jeriatric
02-21-2014, 11:03 AM
:gaah:I just bought a brand new st on sat and had to take it back to the dealer cause of a dead battery, that was on Tuesday and its Friday and its still there. why does it take them so long just to replace a battery!!!!

A question I would be asking them. With that one answered I'd be asking them many more. About what you can expect from them in the future. nojoke

352smiley
02-21-2014, 11:06 AM
[QUOTE=Jerbear;763538]A question I would be asking them. With that one answered I'd be asking them many more. About what you can expect from them in the future. nojoke[/QUOTE

are they that bad?

Jeriatric
02-21-2014, 11:09 AM
[QUOTE=Jerbear;763538]A question I would be asking them. With that one answered I'd be asking them many more. About what you can expect from them in the future. nojoke[/QUOTE

are they that bad?

Guess you will find that out once you start asking the right questions. Good luck.

Bob Denman
02-21-2014, 11:34 AM
Sorry to hear that this has happened to your new Pride and Joy... :shocked:
My Guess: they forgot to give the Battery a decent charge...
Give them a chance to make it right; but keep a close eye on them from now on...:gaah:
Good luck!:thumbup:

Tazzel
02-21-2014, 11:48 AM

Because they already have your money!!

cuznjohn
02-21-2014, 12:31 PM
well it's hard to say why your bike is still there, but remember riding season is coming and a lot of other bikes are being serviced also

Magdave
02-21-2014, 01:04 PM
well it's hard to say why your bike is still there, but remember riding season is coming and a lot of other bikes are being serviced also

It is always riding season in Galveston.:thumbup:

ARtraveler
02-21-2014, 03:36 PM
We could get into another dealer rant very easy. The situation comes under the heading of why didn't the dealer take care in prepping the :spyder2: properly?

IMO: the dealer should also be breaking their butts over the fact of solving the problem right now. I have a real problem with dealers that take your money and then forget about any after service or customer satisfaction.

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Magdave
02-21-2014, 03:51 PM
We could get into another dealer rant very easy. The situation comes under the heading of why didn't the dealer take care in prepping the :spyder2: properly?

IMO: the dealer should also be breaking their butts over the fact of solving the problem right now. I have a real problem with dealers that take your money and then forget about any after service or customer satisfaction.

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:
:agree: I would have tried charging it myself first based on my own dealer experiences. New batteries should be fully charged prior to using.

spyder-dude
02-21-2014, 04:39 PM
Tell them to pull one out of their other brand new spyders but make sure they follow directions on properly doing the initial charge.

352smiley
02-21-2014, 05:09 PM
Tell them to pull one out of their other brand new spyders but make sure they follow directions on properly doing the initial charge.

I already asked they said nope.

jcthorne
02-21-2014, 06:14 PM

Welcome to the 'no so wonderful' world of Mancuso service department. They stock NOTHING other than oil change kits and sometimes recall parts sets during a campaign. Everything else is ordered and batteries cannot ship via air, so you are waiting on truck freight from a warehouse. I think the BRP parts depot is in Wisconsin.

Good luck. Hope your experience gets better from here.

SNOOPY
02-21-2014, 06:31 PM

I know this sucks, no doubt about it.

Just guessing your bike may have been sitting in a crate outside a while and wasn't properly recharged before pick up.

No excuse for not getting it back within a day w a brand new battery!!!

But.... Hold on, you will be so happy w the ST! I'm having a blast w mine, and will be even more enjoyable when the warm weather hits!

Hang in there! :thumbup:

SNOOPY
02-21-2014, 06:33 PM

That is inexcusable, pick up your bike when available, make a call to BRP....then find a new dealer for service! :(

Spyder Tony
02-21-2014, 06:42 PM
That is inexcusable, pick up your bike when available, make a call to BRP....then find a new dealer for service! :(

:agree:

ARtraveler
02-21-2014, 07:35 PM

That looks like Steeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerike Two. :mad:

352smiley
02-21-2014, 08:20 PM
Good news I got it back today . Yay

SNOOPY
02-21-2014, 08:38 PM
Awesome! :yes:

Yazz
02-21-2014, 08:41 PM
Welcome to the 'no so wonderful' world of Mancuso service department. They stock NOTHING other than oil change kits and sometimes recall parts sets during a campaign. Everything else is ordered and batteries cannot ship via air, so you are waiting on truck freight from a warehouse. I think the BRP parts depot is in Wisconsin.

Good luck. Hope your experience gets better from here.

Mancuso isn't the only show in town.

Bought Spydee from them and had to sign an agreement to have the first oil change from them for $$$$. Last time I dealt with them.

You might have to ride further, but there are better dealerships in town.

You owe no allegiance to Mancuso at this point. They left you hanging...

Edsts
02-21-2014, 09:12 PM

My sts came with a battery tender , I plug it in after every use .

Bob Denman
02-22-2014, 10:01 AM
:2thumbs: Did they happen to mention what they did to it? :shocked:

Does your State have one of those "Buyers' Remorse" sort of laws in place?
If your battery acts up again,
and you find out that they didn't do right by you, and you've got a law to back you; I'd threaten to return the bike for a FULL REFUND!
Orrr... tell them that you want a brand-new, and properly charged battery installed in it... :gaah:

flamingobabe
02-22-2014, 02:45 PM
welcome to the Spyder world......Mancuso is difficult to work with.....they work at their pace and do not care ......make an appointment....what for...they still make you wait 2 to 10 days.......but on the bright side we are having Gatherin' of the Spyders Memorial weekend in Friendswood....stay connected to the Texas board and main board for more information.....congrats on your new Spyder

erikkelly
04-30-2014, 02:12 PM

The same thing happened to me last year when I took delivery of my 2013 ST Limited. They actually delivered it to me on a trailer, drove it off the trailer into the garage. It sat there overnight, and the next morning when I went to ride, it was dead. They had to come pick it back up, charge the battery, and re-deliver it. Havent had a battery problem in a year, since.

Best dealer experience? no.

Bob Denman
04-30-2014, 05:54 PM
The dealers just don't seem to understand the importance of charging the battery; before delivering a dead one to a customer... :shocked: :banghead:

Gray Ghost
04-30-2014, 08:29 PM
My sts came with a battery tender , I plug it in after every use .

If the battery isn't prepped properly before delivery the damage is done.

Larry t
05-02-2014, 10:43 AM

could be worse my dealer says only 6mo warranty on batt. considered a maint. item