PDA

View Full Version : F1 hits # 2000

Marcel July
08-11-2008, 03:41 PM
Hi and Hello to all of you.
We from F1 like to announce, that we have reached our
Spyder Customer # 2000
YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:yes:
Thank you so much for your thrust and support.
Our Congratulations:clap::clap::clap: for the free EVOLUTION III Windshield go to:
:firstplace:Mr. 2000
Daniel Garcia
from Copperas Cove, Texas.
Daniel, ride save and have fun with your new Spyder and Windshield.
THANK YOU.
Regards to all,
TEAM F1

rupbre
08-11-2008, 04:12 PM
Hi Marcel--any word or pictures of the slide screen yet??

Jeff in Dallas
08-11-2008, 07:57 PM
I've left a PM and sent an email to you on your site with no reply. What's the best way to get information?

Marcel July
08-11-2008, 08:26 PM
Hello Jeff and hello to the one star state,
sorry that I did not get your message sooner.
I do not look always in to my mailboxes.
You can find a lot of Infos about our Windshields and us at:
www.SpyderWindshields.com or just call me at:
941-743-3271 and I will help you if I can.

Hello "rupbre"
our Evolution III SC (SlideScreen) in on the
road for testing already. So far it just looks and
works great and our test ryders are given us all there 2 thumbs way up. We have send out 6 Slider Screens
to Europe for additional testing last week and there just
did get there today. So as you can see, we do what it takes to get them ready for you. But still we want make
sure that we get a thousand miles "real life and drive" on them.

Thanks and have a great day to all of you,
Regards
TEAM F1/Marcel July

spyderjoe
08-12-2008, 08:09 AM
Is there a way to get a picture from the new windshield
and how long is the lead time to get one?
Someone just told me that you make only a limited number of the new adjustable windshields.
Is this true?

Lamonster
08-12-2008, 09:40 AM
I got to tell you Marcel once again the numbers just don't add up. I was there in Daytona when you had the very first protype and you even test fitted it on my Spyder. That was March and even if I give you all the month of March and you built Spyder windshields everyday since then you would have to build 12 shields a day, everyday till today. I got to call you out on that one Bro. :sour:

dltang
08-12-2008, 10:40 AM
I got to tell you Marcel once again the numbers just don't add up. I was there in Daytona when you had the very first protype and you even test fitted it on my Spyder. That was March and even if I give you all the month of March and you built Spyder windshields everyday since then you would have to build 12 shields a day, everyday till today. I got to call you out on that one Bro. :sour:

Hey Lamont, when you called him out at 1000 windshields he said he was making between 15-20 a day so the math would work. Here is his answer from that thread:

Hi and Hello to all of you and hello Lamonst !!
Yes ALL our Windshields are custom made. We do NOT use a standard "mold" and each Windshield
we manufacture. All our Windshields are made by hand. We manufacture a average of 15-20 Windshields a day.

I know you are not a windshield type of guy and Marcel has had a few quirks here and there but I have to tell you, I am extremely happy with the EVOIII and all the other reviews I have seen on it have been great. It may have taken a few times to get it right but he has hit a home run with the f1 Evo III.

COSpyder
08-12-2008, 11:45 AM
I am guessing he is counting ALL shields, prototypes, those sent back,etc. Otherwise, 1/3 of all Spyders owners would own a shield from him and I doubt that is the case!

Marcel July
08-12-2008, 11:49 AM
Hello to all,
lamonster,
please don't get upset.
There is no need to get crazy. I can ensure you,
that we manufacture far more a day than what you have figured out.
At Daytona, you did not wanted us to install our Windshields on your Spyder. We used Brian's and George's bikes and there love them,
but anyway.
It is just nice for us to have such a great customer circle
world wide and that we can make them for Spyder Owners
around the globe. You may right, yes it we had on the first some Windshields some problems ( and there are all solved to a 100% satisfaction to our Customers) but still, we are the first one who even made them for Spyders and we also had to learn and grow with the Spyder Windshields.
This is what we call research and developmend.
Here comes the point. We manufacture the best Spyder Windshields available on the market and there is no other windshield availabe for a Spyders than the Evolution III what will protect you better.
On top of that, the Evolution III with our Windshutters let you drive your Spyder in the rain and cold without any problems.
And you sure know that. No matter how you squieze it.
Like I told you and others many times already, it is the Customers
who makes his choice, and it is always a matter of taste and preference what people use on there Spyders or any other motorcycle. I do not judge anyone
no matter what there ride or wear.Of course now finaly are coming
more and more other "Windshield" manufacturer with there Spyder Windshields on the market (like there always do) and guess what,
there look like the same Windshields and have the same Windshields designs they used 20 years ago already. At least our Windshield designs are new and not "just" made out as a cheap copy what was used by other manufactures bevore. Now we will see, how long it will
take before the first Copy's of our Evolution III designs will show up.
Thank you very much and like always regards to all,
Marcel July

COSpyder
08-12-2008, 12:36 PM
You may right, yes it we had on the first some Windshields some problems ( and there are all solved to a 100% satisfaction to our Customers) but still, we are the first one who even made them for Spyders and we also had to learn and grow with the Spyder Windshields.
This is what we call research and developmend.
And you sure know that. No matter how you squieze it.
Like I told you and others many times already, it is the Customers
who makes his choice, and it is always a matter of taste and preference what people use on there Spyders or any other motorcycle. I do not judge anyone
no matter what there ride or wear.Of course now finaly are coming
more and more other "Windshield" manufacturer with there Spyder Windshields on the market (like there always do) and guess what,
there look like the same Windshields and have the same Windshields designs they used 20 years ago already. At least our Windshield designs are new and not "just" made out as a cheap copy what was used by other manufactures bevore. Now we will see, how long it will
take before the first Copy's of our Evolution III designs will show up.
Thank you very much and like always regards to all,
Marcel July

I have to say, I was very unhappy with our deal and only became 100% satisfied after airing the issues here. Even if I had been happy, I think I would have to reevaluate doing business with someone who finds the need to disrespect other vendors so much. Competition is good and the consumer ultimately makes or breaks the product. The products should stand on their own and there is no need to try to make your product look better by attempting to make another's look bad. I have yet to hear anybody who has purchased another vendor's shield say it was "a cheap copy." I have only read excellent quality reviews. Even the folks who have not liked the Corbin shield are still saying that the quality is excellent. I also have yet to read a post where a vendor has disrespected your product.

trumphair
08-12-2008, 01:05 PM

Yeah, I would seriously doubt that kind of volume. Would have to be 18-20/day 7 days a week since #1000 was proclaimed in mid June. :dontknow:

Bionic Pope
08-12-2008, 02:16 PM
It seams most are happy with their F1 shields, that does'nt make them the *best* . There have been many people of them having bad holes and cracking.

There are people on nother web site that had refunds by credit card dispute with Mr. Marcel. This seams not like his '100% satisfed customers' . No one ever will have 100% satisfed customers.

They also said the credit card goes from a sign company in Arizona. I think this is strange.

2,000 Spyder shields sold? Their just is no way that is true. There are only 6,000 Spyders in the world.

He thinks 1 out of 3 Spyders has his shield?

No way. No how.

Even if their was 10,000 Spyders. he thinks 1 out of 5 ?

No way.

Do they have numbers?

Funny him talking about 'cheap copy' shields.

He worked for Gustafon shields an learned every thing about wind shields from them. Than he left and 'copy' them, may be a better copy, but still a copy.

If I need a shield I will look at all companys. Being the 'first' does not mean the best.

BAZMAN
08-12-2008, 04:39 PM
come on fellas i think we are doing to much nit picking, i dont care who you deal with things will slip through the cracks. iwas treated very nicely by Marcel. i have a standard windshield on my VTX1300, and it beat the hell out of me until i added a laminar lip. Marcel is right, some of the other companys just make them bigger. when i installed the F1 on my spyder i could tell the difference right away. i did have to do a little filing on one but it was worth it. Lamont i think you are doing great work with the "spyder lovers" website. but i feel you should be more neutral. i feel you should have tried the windshield to give us an honest opinion. and then you could have given it back. this is the first website i have ever joined, idid not join spyder talk because there was some comments said i did not like. i did not hold you to task when you did not welcome me when i signed up, because i knew you were on your trip. by the way i am still wating for the whole story and pictures. ALSO IF MEMBERS EVER COME TO NEW MEXICO LET ME KNOW ON THE WEBSITE AND WE CAN HOOKUP.
RIDE SAFE

BAZMAN
08-12-2008, 04:42 PM
if that was you thanks LAMONT.

AMTJIM
08-12-2008, 05:04 PM
Bazman are you going to the Golden Aspen rally(formerly Apsencade) in Ruidoso?

COSpyder
08-12-2008, 06:03 PM
come on fellas i think we are doing to much nit picking, i dont care who you deal with things will slip through the cracks. iwas treated very nicely by Marcel. i have a standard windshield on my VTX1300, and it beat the hell out of me until i added a laminar lip. Marcel is right, some of the other companys just make them bigger. when i installed the F1 on my spyder i could tell the difference right away. i did have to do a little filing on one but it was worth it. Lamont i think you are doing great work with the "spyder lovers" website. but i feel you should be more neutral. i feel you should have tried the windshield to give us an honest opinion. and then you could have given it back. this is the first website i have ever joined, idid not join spyder talk because there was some comments said i did not like. i did not hold you to task when you did not welcome me when i signed up, because i knew you were on your trip. by the way i am still wating for the whole story and pictures. ALSO IF MEMBERS EVER COME TO NEW MEXICO LET ME KNOW ON THE WEBSITE AND WE CAN HOOKUP.
RIDE SAFE

The idea behind these boards is to share experiences about products and with vendors, as well as opinions about the products. Some folks have good ones, some have bad. Doesn't mean they should not share them. It would be impossible for Lamonster to try out everything and give us his opinion. There are quite a few ideas/opinions on Marcel's shields from others that we can all read and then decide for ourselves if we want to buy one. But equally as important, in my opinion, is the integrity of the person I do business with. Marcel has a need to attack others, both customers and other vendors, when things don't go his way. A simple search of Marcel's posts will show this. I won't do business this someone like that despite the product they sell.

dltang
08-12-2008, 06:13 PM
It seams most are happy with their F1 shields, that does'nt make them the *best* . There have been many people of them having bad holes and cracking.

There are people on nother web site that had refunds by credit card dispute with Mr. Marcel. This seams not like his '100% satisfed customers' . No one ever will have 100% satisfed customers.

They also said the credit card goes from a sign company in Arizona. I think this is strange.

2,000 Spyder shields sold? Their just is no way that is true. There are only 6,000 Spyders in the world.

He thinks 1 out of 3 Spyders has his shield?

No way. No how.

Even if their was 10,000 Spyders. he thinks 1 out of 5 ?

No way.

Do they have numbers?

Funny him talking about 'cheap copy' shields.

He worked for Gustafon shields an learned every thing about wind shields from them. Than he left and 'copy' them, may be a better copy, but still a copy.

If I need a shield I will look at all companys. Being the 'first' does not mean the best.

One thing to take into consideration, some of us have more than one windshield. I had two F1's, one was clear and one was smoke colored. Marcel sent the clear one complimentary, (which he did not have to do). I now have the EVO III, so that is 3 windshields for one spyder. The F1 was nice but the EVO III is great and that is my choice. I am not saying that everyone will be happy with his product. We all have our personal preferences and that is okay by me. But what is the big deal if he has sold 2000 windshields or not. Why do we have to question his numbers. If you don't want one of his shields don't buy one. If you like it, let us know. There are mods that I have that my husband doesn't want and vice versa. It doesn't make one of us wrong and one of us right. It makes us different. Okay, I'm done now, stepping off my soap box.:D

Marcel July
08-12-2008, 06:41 PM
Hello to all,
dltang, you are absolute right.
it does not matter. I also do not attack anyone here on this forum. I just feel that some people here on this forum always attack me and/or my product any possible way they can. Just for the fun of it I guess.
So I have to defend it.
But anyway, I thing it's better to move on and not waste to much pressures time. Let's go bike:clap:ing.....
Thank a lot and have a great day,
Marcel

Bionic Pope
08-12-2008, 07:04 PM
Sorry, just trying to keep things honest. I do not think it honest to say u have sold 2000 when u have not. Free units to fix bad one's is not honest count. Like the bad holes an cracks. Can not make two count for re-place unit.

Sayin others are copy cats is not fare.

I herd you are making a slider shield now. This has been done, so it seams u are copy them.

Still no way is their 2000 spyders with F1 shield on them.

Is just not real.

The Calsi unit look much better.