PDA

View Full Version : covers?

jym777
02-19-2014, 08:33 PM
What's the best bang for the buck in good quality covers BRP or after market? Thanks, Jym....

Maxson
02-19-2014, 08:44 PM
I've been wondering the same thing. I will be picking up my new RT in April.:yes:

SpyderAnn01
02-19-2014, 08:48 PM
Back in 2010 the full cover was included with the purchase of the RTS. This cover is top quality and fits the machine like a glove. Now you made me wonder if it will fit on the 2014. I'll have to check that out and if it doesn't I'll have one for sale at a great price.

Cruzr Joe
02-19-2014, 09:22 PM
if you are putting a rack on the back of a RT ......................... the half cover from BRP will not fit, but not sure about the full cover.

There are several aftermarket covers that are just as good as the BRP ones only cost less.

Cruzr Joe

spydaman60
02-19-2014, 09:30 PM
nelson riggs on ours. good bang for the buck!!!:thumbup:

Cruzr Joe
02-19-2014, 09:31 PM
Ultragard covers are very good for the price also.

Cruzr Joe

Daisyjoe
02-19-2014, 09:42 PM
Nelson Riggs

Dan McNally
02-20-2014, 12:04 AM
I got mine for about $70 at eBay . . . fits great. 83516

Lamonster
02-20-2014, 05:58 AM
New sponsor
http://www.spyderlovers.com/sponsors/nelson.jpg (http://www.nelsonrigg.com/store/can-am-spyder.aspx)

SNOOPY
02-20-2014, 06:10 AM
nelson riggs on ours. good bang for the buck!!!:thumbup:

Nelson Riggs

New sponsor
http://www.spyderlovers.com/sponsors/nelson.jpg (http://www.nelsonrigg.com/store/can-am-spyder.aspx)

I see see a pattern here. :popcorn:

Gray Ghost
02-20-2014, 07:36 AM
I don't know about BRP covers, ours did not come with one. When we bought our Spyder, the only option at the dealer was an Ultraguard full cover and since we don't have a garage here we bought one right away. Prior to that I had been using Nelson-Riggs covers whenever I took my motorcycle on road trips (had a garage at home). The only covers I have used on my bikes have been Nelson-Riggs, both half height and full size.

The biggest issue with covers I face here in the campground are winds. We were away one day and didn't really notice any strong winds but when we came home the cover had blown up and pivoted on the strap and was hanging off the Spyder. Of course it took the antenna off as well. The Nelson Riggs cover that was on my wife's Kawasaki never budged. During a previous storm that came through before we got the Spyder the winds were so high that my wife's bike was blown over but neither the N-R cover on her bike or on my Yamaha Venture came off. I used to ride my Yamaha a lot on business trips and carried a Nelson-Riggs half cover then. They are great covers and I will be getting one to cover my Spyder when travelling as well.

I would highly recommend the Nelson-Riggs and am kicking myself in the butt for buying the Ultraguard just because it was the one at hand.

Bob Denman
02-20-2014, 08:37 AM
BRP's covers are a bit pricey :shocked:; but they fit perfectly***
I've got both, the full and half-covers, and have been very happy with them.

***TBD on the 2014 bodywork yet!

Cruzr Joe
02-20-2014, 08:39 AM
BRP's covers are a bit pricey :shocked:; but they fit perfectly***
I've got both, the full and half-covers, and have been very happy with them.

***TBD on the 2014 bodywork yet!

Bob they will fit fine.

except that it is hard to ride with them on. :roflblack::roflblack:

Cruzr Joe

jaherbst
02-20-2014, 09:31 AM
If you are storing it out side I highly recommend the BRP that sells for $200. I know it is expensive but it is absolutely the best quality bar none. This will provide the best protection. I also have a Ultra guard that is much lighter but still a full cover for overnight traveling. The heavy duty from BRP is large to pack and travel with.

viperryder
02-20-2014, 09:42 AM
What's the best bang for the buck in good quality covers BRP or after market? Thanks, Jym....

Nelson Rigg. Have one of there half covers and works great.:yes::yes::yes:

Bob Denman
02-20-2014, 09:52 AM
Bob they will fit fine. except that it is hard to ride with them on. :roflblack::roflblack:

I've fixed that problem... with a decently sharpened Kabar... :thumbup: :D

finless
02-20-2014, 12:39 PM
I have the nelson rig full cover but have not used it yet.
My 2011 RTS came with a cover that was made by BRP but was not for the RT. I looked it's part number up a up a few weeks ago because many saw it and asked because they want the same cover. It is bigger than the 1/2 cover and fits really well! It covers everything except the front wheels. Believe it or not it is a the cover for the RS/ST!!! I will take a picture later today of it on my RT and post it. I use this cover every day. It's light and easy to put on. It's not for rainy conditions but is great for keeping the sun and dirt off.

Bob

NancysToy
02-20-2014, 01:45 PM
We have both been very pleased with the BRP covers.

Benggolf
02-20-2014, 01:54 PM
We have been using BRP travel covers for our RTL and STS and are quite happy with them.
Been debating over getting a full cover but really see no use for it since both bikes are garaged. Only reason for the full
covers is to keep the dust off.

I like the BRP travel covers because they are very well made and fit perfectly. Easy to pack too when going on a road trip.
The full covers would be too big to pack.

NancysToy
02-20-2014, 01:56 PM
We have been using BRP travel covers for our RTL and STS and are quite happy with them.
Been debating over getting a full cover but really see no use for it since both bikes are garaged. Only reason for the full
covers is to keep the dust off.

I like the BRP travel covers because they are very well made and fit perfectly. Easy to pack too when going on a road trip.
The full covers would be too big to pack.

An old sheet will keep the dust off in the garage. I don't recommend the use of covers in an unheated garage in the winter in a cool climate...they cause condensation to collect and attract critters.

jtoro1
02-20-2014, 03:36 PM
Rt utlragard half cover 4-458 works with back rack and shortly antenna $34

Vidman
04-21-2014, 05:20 PM
Anyone know if any Half/Travel Cover also cover the Show Chrome luggage rack?

Cruzr Joe
04-21-2014, 05:24 PM
Anyone know if any Half/Travel Cover also cover the Show Chrome luggage rack?

The Ultraguard will fit nicely.

Cruzr Joe

Bob Denman
04-21-2014, 05:27 PM
Ummmm.... :opps:
I don't think so; I recall seeing a post in here about that configuration...
I'm just a bit fuzzy on the details.

RyderJCF
04-21-2014, 05:30 PM
I have a 2012 rt limited with lots on the back: show Crome luggage rack, custom dynamics dual flag holder with flags and a shorty antennae - both the full and half covers from ultra guard fit great over all of it! I wouldn't trailer with either one to be sure nothing gets scuffed up, but for overnight or heat protection (definitely an issue here in florida over the summer when you have a black seat) they work wonderfully!:2thumbs:

Indyron
04-21-2014, 07:35 PM
What are you going to use the cover for? Garage, outside, Trailering?

Marker
04-21-2014, 08:10 PM
you only get what you pay for.
Since I do not have a garage to store spyder in. During the summer the spyder is covered using the BRP full travel cover. The BRP cover is fully lined and keeps the water out. It has good quality tie down straps and does not flap in the wind. When I travel I use the BRP travel cover that fold into it own bag.

Vidman
04-22-2014, 10:52 AM
I want it for travel to keep ppl from sitting on the bike. Helps me NOT arrest them for conspiracy to steal a MV.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gray Ghost
04-22-2014, 01:59 PM
Nelson-Riggs (site sponsor) has a half height cover. I used one for my Royal Star Venture when I used to travel for work. Packs up small and does an excellent job.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Elembytes
04-23-2014, 04:25 PM
if you are putting a rack on the back of a RT ......................... the half cover from BRP will not fit, but not sure about the full cover.

There are several aftermarket covers that are just as good as the BRP ones only cost less.

Cruzr Joe

Rivco flag holders will not work with the the BRP travel cover either just FYI!

Bob Denman
04-23-2014, 05:46 PM
Vidman,
There's a place on EBay...
Spyder Sisters???
That sells a quick little $30 seat cover that's perfect for keeping the unwanted off your bike. :thumbup: