PDA

View Full Version : Cover leaks?

chaynes68
08-11-2008, 09:46 AM
I am using the Spyder cover bought from the dealer. This morning after heavy rains last night my bike is all wet! My best guess is that the seams leak. Anyone else have this problem? How did you fix it? What good is a cover if it leaks or am I missing something?

I supose tent seam sealer would probably make it tight....just seems odd to pay $150 then have to spend time sealing it.

:banghead:

tatt2r
08-11-2008, 09:55 AM
my cover leaks also ... i think some of it has to do with condensation ....

chaynes68
08-11-2008, 10:15 AM
This is waaaaay more than condensation. We had a very heavy rainstorm and the bike was wet. It completely soaked 5-6 paper towels I used to wipe down the seat and handlebars.

Not the end of the world I just expect it to be mostly dry.

tatt2r
08-11-2008, 10:20 AM
ya i thought mine would stay dry also ... i keep a shammy in front of bike to wipe down ...saves on papertowels,,,,

FANG
08-11-2008, 10:40 AM
:D I also have the outdoor storage cover purchased from BRP. I have had no leaks so far; we have some preetty good rains in Northwest FL. It does form some condensation which I just wipe down with a towel.

NancysToy
08-11-2008, 11:16 AM
Every motorcycle cover I have gets major condensation inside. Car covers, too. They are open at the bottom, and I see no way to stop it. The condensation under the Spyder cover is usually not excessive, but it is there, and is always heavier after a rain. I have not tested the Spyder cover, but I have tested some bike covers with a hose. They don't appear to leak, but will condense overnight. If you are using the Spyder indoor cover outdoors, however, it is not water-tight.
-Scotty