PDA

View Full Version : Starting Issues

BOHICA
08-09-2008, 11:49 AM
Anyone else have this problem...spyder only starts if i am in neutral...after pressing the mode sw of course.

ataDude
08-09-2008, 11:51 AM
Anyone else have this problem...spyder only starts if i am in neutral...after pressing the mode sw of course.

That just means that the clutch switch is either bad or disabled. Check the connections at the clutch lever.

sleepman
08-09-2008, 11:53 AM
This is going to sound like a smart remark, but I make it in all seriousness, are you pulling in the clutch if you try to start it in gear? I often turn mine off in gear so that I don't have to use the parking break and have no problems with starting it in gear.

BOHICA
08-09-2008, 12:13 PM
That just means that the clutch switch is either bad or disabled. Check the connections at the clutch lever.

will do. thx.

BOHICA
08-09-2008, 12:16 PM

didn't even notice the electrical wire coming out of the clutch lever...i wiggled it and it starts fine now in gear (with the clutch lever pulled in).

thanks again.

retread
08-09-2008, 03:42 PM
Take it to your dealer--something's wrong with the wiring/switch.

ataDude
08-09-2008, 03:43 PM
didn't even notice the electrical wire coming out of the clutch lever...i wiggled it and it starts fine now in gear (with the clutch lever pulled in).

thanks again.

Honda experience strikes again. :joke:

Glad it worked for you. ;)

sleepman
08-09-2008, 03:52 PM
Honda experience strikes again. :joke:

Glad it worked for you. ;)

Reminds me of my wife putting her Suzuki in gear with the kickstand down. She always gives me a blank look and I just point down.:D

Smylinacha
08-11-2008, 06:21 PM
Hmmmm, I've never started mine in Neutral - it's always in 1st (since I do not use the parking break) and I just pull in the clutch when I start it up.