PDA

View Full Version : Getting off

daddydarko
08-08-2008, 12:38 PM
...and on the Spyder the wrong way can cost you $. I found that out the hard way yesterday when I looked down and saw that my foot peg was missing.

As it turns out, you shouldn't stand on the pegs to mount the Spyder. :banghead: Luckily, I had an extra Kury flame peg laying around.

Napalmseth
08-08-2008, 01:04 PM
ouch... And I just finished yelling at my father for not using the peg to get on and off and scraping his foot across my rear grab handles and seat.

...oops

Star Cruiser
08-08-2008, 01:08 PM
ouch... And I just finished yelling at my father for not using the peg to get on and off and scraping his foot across my rear grab handles and seat.

...oops

And the fellas at the Demo ride TOLD me to use the pegs to make mounting the Sp','der easier. I'll be adding floor boards when I get mine

daddydarko
08-08-2008, 01:20 PM
And the fellas at the Demo ride TOLD me to use the pegs to make mounting the Sp','der easier. I'll be adding floor boards when I get mine

Standing on the stock pegs may be okay but aftermarket pegs are often secured using a flimsier bolt.

Swinging my legs over the Corbin back rests aint an easy task.

trikester
08-08-2008, 02:07 PM
On the two trikes I built from Yamaha TW200's (see avatar) I machined adapters (so the pegs would swing back) to mount ATV foot pegs (YFZ450 pegs). This gave me much better foot support and foot bracing ability when cornering or riding off camber (off camber not a problem on pavement). I intend to do the same with the Spyder but haven't gotten around to it yet.

When cornering with the Spyder, I miss the good foot brace I get on my other trikes with the ATV pegs. They may not look "trick" but they sure work well on a trike. I'll make sure that I can stand on them when I convert the pegs!

Zerocool
08-08-2008, 03:19 PM
...and on the Spyder the wrong way can cost you $. I found that out the hard way yesterday when I looked down and saw that my foot peg was missing.

As it turns out, you shouldn't stand on the pegs to mount the Spyder. :banghead: Luckily, I had an extra Kury flame peg laying around.

I would hope the stock pegs are more sturdy than that.

I couldn't imaging the peg falling off if I needed to stand (slightly) on them, lifting my weight up to brace myself, to get over an obstacle at speed.

That would be bad, eh?

COSpyder
08-08-2008, 03:54 PM
Well I am short woman and need help getting off as well as on so I will continue to step on the pegs! So far so good!

bjt
08-08-2008, 04:47 PM
If, in a few weeks, you post that your paint is peeling off, I'll start to think that your Spyder is rejecting your mods. :D :joke:

I'm not sure what most people do but I usually stand on the pegs when getting on the Spyder but I sometimes stand on the ground. I have a 36" inseam so I can do it either way without any real issues. I have stood up on the pegs while riding before and that would be the worst time for the footpeg to fail. :yikes: