PDA

View Full Version : Hand Brakes

Abrian
08-08-2008, 12:03 PM
I was wondering if anyone has added a handbrake to a Spyder. I have a Right hand brake cylinder from a Honda Goldwing (gl1800) that will fit. I just did not want to interfere with the ABS or any in the brake system.

spyderbitten
08-08-2008, 01:41 PM
Just do a search. Some good photos from Lamonster on his hand brake along with others ideas too.

trikester
08-12-2008, 12:20 PM
Just do a search. Some good photos from Lamonster on his hand brake along with others ideas too.

Lamonster mentioned to me, on our ride last Saturday, that he is going to change his from a cable actuated system to a hydraulic system. I've used both cable and hydraulic systems on several machines (not Spyders) and my first choice would always be hydraulic, for a much more positive action and less "creep".

Frank

SpyderEyes
08-12-2008, 05:28 PM
I am a High functioning Quadriplegic with no leg function. A buddy of mine is also a Paraplegic. We both just got our semi automatic transmition spyders and can not use the one foot brake. We put a cable brake system that goes directly to the foot brake and pulls it down. The foot brake does not have that much travel so the cable with a brake housing mount, the cable is plenty strong to pull the pedel down. That is how they do all the controls for adapting cars for the disabled.