PDA

View Full Version : When to contact BRP - their guideline

Jeriatric
02-18-2014, 12:14 PM
http://www.brp.com/en-us/customer-service

3 Wheel Addict
02-18-2014, 12:30 PM
I think most will try their dealer first but that sometimes never goes well then we call BRP. Even their guide line states this...

"Your authorized BRP dealer is the first line in answering technical questions. If you’ve already contacted your dealer and they were not able to provide a satisfactory response to your question, you can contact BRP and we’ll find an answer for you."

Sometimes you just feel that the dealer is a complete idiot or worse yet they don't care! I have been lucky so far and my dealer really is trying. They have changed their tune a bit when they realized that I have been in the service field for over 30 years and I'm not stupid. The techs actually talk "to" me now and not "down" to me.

Bob Denman
02-18-2014, 12:51 PM
Sometimes you just feel that the dealer is a complete idiot or worse yet they don't care! .
That begs the question:
If you think that; why did you ever buy from them? :shocked:

Magdave
02-18-2014, 12:58 PM
That begs the question:
If you think that; why did you ever buy from them? :shocked:

Quit being such a fanboy Bob you know the answer. No one knows what the dealer will be like before you buy from them until after the sale. Mine was eh. OK but has gone down the toilet with all new people. I will restate a conversation I had with the service manager recently he asked me " Does your Spyder have a carb or fuel injector?" well that did not inspire my confidence and finding out he fired the only qualified BRP tech was blow #2. #3 was when another member from here went there and asked if they had a qualified tech he was told yes. He then asked why there were no certificates from BRP? The store manager told him " If you don't like our service take it somewhere else" I rest my case.

What if I have a concern related to the speed or quality of service on my vehicle by a BRP dealer?
Your first step should be to raise your concern to the service manager of your dealership. If you are still not satisfied with any aspect of the service performed on your vehicle, you can then contact BRP customer service.

ARtraveler
02-18-2014, 01:29 PM
I will also chime in. Happily, I have not had any issues that required contacting BRP. The dealer, so far, has taken care of all issues to my satisfaction. I have also experienced dealer "growing pains," meaning changes in service managers and service personnel. The quality of the service can be directly related to both. The costs involved in dealer training to work on the :spyder2: can be prohibitive and I am guessing that some dealers are bypassing what should be done in favor of the "mechanic of the month." Hence we are getting some interesting servicing scenarios.

Bob Denman
02-18-2014, 01:38 PM
Quit being such a fanboy Bob you know the answer. .
:shocked::hun:
It's an absolutely valid question...
Do your "Due Diligence" before it comes time to plunk down the paperwork and cash, and it'll save lots of headaches in the future... :D

Do you know anybody else, who has purchased a bike from them?
Their opinions?
Have you spoken to the Service Manager about how they handle appointments for servicing?
Or repairs?
Do you see lots of current certificates on the walls that show how much training their mechanics have received?

Can they "Talk the talk" intelligently?
Are there any gripes filed with any of the BBB offices?
Or the Attourney General?

It doesn't hurt to ask some questions along the way... :thumbup:

Jeriatric
02-18-2014, 01:45 PM
KNOWLEDGE IS THE KEY TO SUCCESS

In order to sell and service BRP’s cutting edge product lines we need dealers that are knowledgeable and trained on the BRP lines they carry. We feel it is essential that all required training be done before the first unit hits your doorstep. Therefore it is essential that dealers meet the following requirements: All mandatory sales/ technical training must be completed prior to the shipping of product Recommended staffing of at least 8 employees(at least 1 should be a certified tech) Use of a Dealer Management System is mandatory It is recommended to have at least 5 computer workstations with access to highspeed internet Must be knowledgible with BRPs internet system Bossweb, and our training website BRPTI (BRP technical institute) Must carry all mandatory BRP tools in order to service and maintain the lines carriedDealers are required to have the service publications for the last 3 model years for the lines they carry

http://www.brp.com/en-us/company/brp-global-presence/become-dealer/service-training-requirementsService & Training requirements

I will also chime in. Happily, I have not had any issues that required contacting BRP. The dealer, so far, has taken care of all issues to my satisfaction. I have also experienced dealer "growing pains," meaning changes in service managers and service personnel. The quality of the service can be directly related to both. The costs involved in dealer training to work on the :spyder2: can be prohibitive and I am guessing that some dealers are bypassing what should be done in favor of the "mechanic of the month." Hence we are getting some interesting servicing scenarios.

Jeriatric
02-18-2014, 01:48 PM
Order requirements

THE RIGHT PRODUCT AT THE RIGHT TIME

BRP requires all dealers to maintain a stocking order of current model year Units, Parts, Accessories and Clothing. These stocking orders are based on specific market calculations depending on the market that your dealership is located in. Our goal is to ensure that you have the right product at the right time to meet consumer demand and to ensure profitability in your dealership.

http://www.brp.com/en-us/company/brp-global-presence/become-dealer/order-requirements

Magdave
02-18-2014, 01:49 PM
:shocked::hun:
It's an absolutely valid question...
Do your "Due Diligence" before it comes time to plunk down the paperwork and cash, and it'll save lots of headaches in the future... :D

Do you know anybody else, who has purchased a bike from them?
Their opinions?
Have you spoken to the Service Manager about how they handle appointments for servicing?
Or repairs?
Do you see lots of current certificates on the walls that show how much training their mechanics have received?

Can they "Talk the talk" intelligently?
Are there any gripes filed with any of the BBB offices?
Or the Attourney General?

It doesn't hurt to ask some questions along the way... :thumbup:

Due diligence was done. No major complaints. Big dealership handles a lot of different bikes. I had some minor issues at first but they were getting up to speed ...then fired the manager/BRP tech. Not in my control or best interest. Point is dealers are like a box of chocolates you open NEXT year. Their allegiance to BRP seems questionable except from a few of the "Big Boys" out there. You have been here long enough to read the horror stories. I REALLY wish it weren't so I would love for Pitbull or CFPS to franchise every state but that ain't gonna happen is it?

Magdave
02-18-2014, 01:54 PM
KNOWLEDGE IS THE KEY TO SUCCESS

In order to sell and service BRP’s cutting edge product lines we need dealers that are knowledgeable and trained on the BRP lines they carry. We feel it is essential that all required training be done before the first unit hits your doorstep. Therefore it is essential that dealers meet the following requirements: All mandatory sales/ technical training must be completed prior to the shipping of product Recommended staffing of at least 8 employees(at least 1 should be a certified tech) Use of a Dealer Management System is mandatory It is recommended to have at least 5 computer workstations with access to highspeed internet Must be knowledgible with BRPs internet system Bossweb, and our training website BRPTI (BRP technical institute) Must carry all mandatory BRP tools in order to service and maintain the lines carriedDealers are required to have the service publications for the last 3 model years for the lines they carry

http://www.brp.com/en-us/company/brp-global-presence/become-dealer/service-training-requirementsService & Training requirements
I have never gone to or made an appointment at a dealer that did not have to order the needed part. Luckily it has usually been a week or so for it to come in and my bike has not been stranded. It may be different elsewhere I have only used 2 different one so far because the distance round trip to the next nearest one is over 300mi.

ARtraveler
02-18-2014, 01:58 PM
Order requirements

THE RIGHT PRODUCT AT THE RIGHT TIME

BRP requires all dealers to maintain a stocking order of current model year Units, Parts, Accessories and Clothing. These stocking orders are based on specific market calculations depending on the market that your dealership is located in. Our goal is to ensure that you have the right product at the right time to meet consumer demand and to ensure profitability in your dealership.

http://www.brp.com/en-us/company/brp-global-presence/become-dealer/order-requirements

Another issue I ran into last summer. They had to order tires because they did not stock them. Glad I did not need them now. Clothing and gear--har de har de har. You want it, you order it, you get it in a couple weeks if it is not backordered. That is why I only have a limited amount of BRP riding gear.

Bob Denman
02-18-2014, 02:06 PM
Dave,
:agree: with you that circumstances can, and often do, change...
That's beyond our control. :shocked:
My Story... (FWIW)
Back in June, 2010; the Missus got bit by the BRP bug. :D
We were at Klinger PowerSports at the time...
The problem: they couldn't find us the bike we wanted in the color that she wanted. :gaah:
Off I go; looking now for a bike, and not a shop with a good record for service after the sale...
I find the bike, and luck out! :thumbup: Their service isn't too awful shabby! :yes: They got me through the dreaded "DPS recall wars" unscathed! :D
But they were SO large, that they were never talking to you; they were always looking over your shoulder, to see who was coming next!
THAT; ticked off the Missus. :shocked:
I find a small family-run shop; and I'm happy... :ohyea:
Until "The Incident" occurs...
...and it takes them WAY too long (In my opinion), to fix my bike... :banghead::cus::banghead:
So I find myself back at Klinger's...
Family owneed and oerated
Their technicians are getting all of the schooling that any mere mortal could POSSIBLY absorb...:firstplace:
My guy: Aaron... takes an interest in our bike, and has bercome a good and valued friend in the process.
When they order parts on a Monday; they're in the shop BY Thursday.
So I'm sticking with them! :2thumbs:

Magdave
02-18-2014, 02:32 PM
I wish I could be so lucky ( as I am sure others are too) Bob. As I gain knowledge I will be doing most of my minor repairs on my own. I used to almost do all my Corvette repairs. FSM's are a wonderful thing if you are mechanically inclined.:thumbup:

cuznjohn
02-18-2014, 02:54 PM
some people are very lucky to have good service people at their dealers, my dealer is a very low sales dealer as far as the spyder goes. as a matter of fact all the dealers in my area are low spyder dealers, they are mainly two wheel dealers and 4x4 dealers, so i am sure they are not trained for the spyder like high volume spyder dealers are, so when my dealer does not know what to do he calls brp so why not go directly to the source and call brp first with a problem

Jdsd1
02-18-2014, 06:34 PM
some people are very lucky to have good service people at their dealers, my dealer is a very low sales dealer as far as the spyder goes. as a matter of fact all the dealers in my area are low spyder dealers, they are mainly two wheel dealers and 4x4 dealers, so i am sure they are not trained for the spyder like high volume spyder dealers are, so when my dealer does not know what to do he calls brp so why not go directly to the source and call brp first with a problem

Who/where are the high volume dealers, the ones around San Diego seem to carry the Spyder as an after though with as few as possible in inventory.