PDA

View Full Version : To close or not to close, that is the question

Lone Spyder Ryder
02-18-2014, 01:32 AM
:bowdown: Quick tire question? I just put Michelin175/65R14 82T Defender's on the front of my O9 SM5. The tire looks pretty close to the fenders.I took it out for a ride and it sure feels good, in fact better than it everhas. Took some speed bumps a little faster than I normally would but everythingseemed fine. Looked for rubbing on the tire and the fender and didn't see any.So does this sound like the it should fit for this size tire??
Thank you all

AgentK
02-18-2014, 07:27 AM
Fender attaches to a-arms so they move with them and the tires move with them. So the only issue ie fender flex which is pretty non existent. So I believe you should be good, especially if it feels good to you. Just saying.:yes:

Lone Spyder Ryder
02-18-2014, 02:47 PM
Fender attaches to a-arms so they move with them and the tires move with them. So the only issue ie fender flex which is pretty non existent. So I believe you should be good, especially if it feels good to you. Just saying.:yes:

Kind of how I was looking at it but thought it best to check and see what others thought about it.

MarkLawson
02-18-2014, 04:49 PM

You also have tire flex as it spins, which will decrease your clearance as the tire gets taller with increased RPMs. I happen to have the same exact size and model of Michelins on the front of my 2010 RT & have found no signs of rubbing. I believe they are a great choice.

Bob Denman
02-18-2014, 06:13 PM
175/65 seems to be a pretty popular choice for the front end.
I don't recall anybody ever mentioning problems with the tires scrubbing on the fender... :thumbup:

SPYD3R
02-18-2014, 07:17 PM
NOT TO WORRY........
fenders go UP & DOWN with the tires......
i've got the KUMHO's on the front of mine and i actually need to use nylon wedges to get them on.... and i've NEVER had an issue with them rubbing in over 30,000 miles..... from your pix, i see you have more room between tire/fender than i... so don't worry.....
83438 83439 :2thumbs: