PDA

View Full Version : handguards?

Bimjo
08-08-2008, 09:04 AM
Sooooo.... being a wimp that hates cold hands I'm curious if anyone has fitted handguards to their Spyder to keep the wind at bay?

Heated grips will be a must, but the tips of my fingers freeze if I can't keep the wind off them in cooler weather.

What say you intrepid Spyder riders?

tatt2r
08-08-2008, 10:29 AM
gloves????

spyderbitten
08-08-2008, 01:44 PM
I have handgaurds on one of my snowmobiles. Seems to protect against ice, rocks, brush, etc, everything except cold wind :shocked:.

Bimjo
08-08-2008, 03:13 PM
Even with grip heaters there ain't a pair of gloves alive that can keep my finger tips from freezing unless I can keep the wind off them. I had the Strom dialed in by adding a small bit of plastic across the bottom of the stock hand guards.

Now that I'm looking hard at a Spyder I need something to keep the wind off the finger tips. I suppose I can adapt my Hippo Hands, but I'd prefer something a bit smaller & not so clunky looking.

I try to ride year round, only staying off the bike if it's icy or snowing. And it's looking like it'll be winter or early spring before I can pull the trigger on a Spyder.

I do like to plan ahead though. :)

Roadkill
08-08-2008, 08:06 PM
+I intend to continue my practice of snowmobile mittens inside of hippo hands, utilizing silk glove liners inside the mittens when the temp warrants it, which it very frequently does.

Ride on.
Roadkill

dltang
08-08-2008, 08:28 PM
This is my plan, electric heated gloves that go all the way into the fingers and if need be, electric socks. Gerbing is noted for this equipment. http://www.motorcyclecruiser.com/gerbings/index.html I plan on putting that together with my Thermosuit from FirstGear http://www.ridegear.com/rg/item/F-27363/Firstgear/Thermo-1-Piece-Suit.html I think that will suit me up for the cold weather driving days pretty darn well.

AMTJIM
08-08-2008, 10:45 PM
Several SV people installed the Suzuki line V-strom brush guards...I'm looking into them for the winter.