PDA

View Full Version : WWII I COMPAMY IWO JMA 3/9 MARINE JOE FRANK PASSES AWAY - PLEASE READ

grumpybob
02-17-2014, 05:51 PM
Marines,

The passing of Iwo Jima Marine Joe Frank saddens each of us but the circumstances of his passing is cause for alarm and demands answers. One "being old" is no excuse for poor medical car by so called medical professionals!

Joe Frank was a fantastic man! I hope each of you were able to spend times with him at our reunions.

God rest your soul Joe.

This is what it is coming to. There is not any “semper fidelis” left in our present government. God bless America,

George

PS. See attached photo from Fredricksburg reunion.

My Dad's service was wonderful. We decided to go with a military theme and it worked out perfect, thanks to all his military friends. He had full military honors and it was very moving. Dad would have been pleased. Thanks to you and Sharon for the beautiful red, white and blue flower arrangement. Dad loved flowers and this one was so appropriate.

I know you are wondering what happened (me too!!). Below is a timeline of what led up to his passing. Needless to say, we are all so very ANGRY. Not sure where we are going to go from here but something has to be done. He still had so much to contribute.

1/31/14 Joanne took Joe to FRH ER for extreme shoulder pain and sore throat. Told didn't know what was causing the pain and it wasn't their job to find out. Gave him pain pills and sent him home with instructions to use heat on shoulder.

2/2/14 Returned to ER with extreme shoulder pain and sore throat. Daughter Joanne had been staying with her dad to help him eat and take his meds. Hasn't been able to eat or drink anything because of sore throat. Hasn't been able to take his medications, i.e. heart medication, blood pressure meds, puffers, etc. Told ER doc that he hasn't been eating or taking meds. Didn't seem to hear. In ER, daughter Joanne asked for some Ensure which the cafeteria did bring down. He drink some of it. Was told to see his physician, who told my dad he thought he had a torn rotator cup and would make an appointment with orthopedic surgeon and let Dad know when appt. was. Dr. sent him home with stronger pain pills and to use ice instead of heat.

2/5/14 Around 8:30am Dad fell while trying to get from bathroom to bed. Daughter called 911. Took him to ER again. He was still pretty lucid but by this time he hadn't eaten in four days or taken his meds. He has been sleeping in his chair because unable to get in and out of bed because of severe pain. In the hospital family asked for something cold for him to drink and he was able to drink about 1/2 small can of soda. The ER doctor told family that he was not acute enough to admit to hospital and that we had to take his age into consideration (yes, we were actually told that by the ER doctor). Social Worker got involved and basically told us that Dad was not going to be admitted to the hospital because he didn't meet criteria, he wasn't acute enough. The man hasn't eaten now in four days, has not had his lifesaving medication in four days, has only had sips of liquid 1-2 times a day, and he is not acute enough for hospitalization! At 3:00 his family was notified that a bed had been found at Cypress Acres, a skilled nursing facility. At 3:30pm was transported to Cypress Acres. His friend Ramona was with him until 10:00pm that night when he fell asleep. I went to check on him the next day about 1:00pm and when I walked into his room he was half out of bed; not conscious and was gasping for breath. I yelled at the nurses that my Dad was dying. An ambulance was called and once again Dad was back in the ER. They put him in ICU where he struggled to breath because he had not had his breathing meds, his heart meds, his blood pressure meds. now for at the minimum five days!!! He took a turn for the worse and we were told to make a decision about life support (he had a DNR) and to call his family. He was put on "comfort care" and at 8:13pm he passed.

This was a WWII vet who went through unspeakable horror to keep this country free, and this is the thanks he gets. This was a vital, basically healthy 90 year old man who days before was out in his yard working. Went to breakfast every morning with his lady friend. He lived alone and never had a problem though legally blind. He was still very active in his community, his latest was spearheading the opening of a military museum here in town.

This is Nazism all over again. Our hospitals are becoming concentration camps where they can eliminate those not meeting their criteria.

Ron, I don't have emails for his military buddies and would like to get this out to as many as possible. Would you mind sending on to those who you feel would like to know what went on. I want to do everything possible to make as many as possible aware what is happening to our military (and anyone else) not meeting "the criteria". If anyone has ideas or know a route to take I would appreciate any and all input. I have never before been an activist but, on Dad's behalf, I need to do something.

Thank you

Joanne

< P align=left avgcert??="" color="#000000">No virus found in this message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com (http://webmail-classic.windstream.net/do/redirect?url=http%253A%252F%252Fwww.avg.com&hmac=40536cb265dcd5f59678f572db375ea8)
Version: 2014.0.4335 / Virus Database: 3705/7098 - Release Date: 02/16/14

Open Attachment I-3-9 (667).jpg http://webmail-classic.windstream.net/images/mail/cb_attachment.gif?l=en-US&v=windstream (http://webmail-classic.windstream.net/do/mail/message/download?msgId=INBOXDELIM45556&part=2&l=en-US&v=windstream)