PDA

View Full Version : Lillymae solos on 14th birthday

Cavman
02-16-2014, 02:54 AM
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PMG1trzznHg&feature=em-subs_digest-vrecs&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DPMG1trzznHg%26feature%3 Dem-subs_digest-vrecs
:clap:

Chupaca
02-16-2014, 01:56 PM
great first solo for her...but really...in a long skirt.? Congrats again...:yes::firstplace::clap:

cuznjohn
02-16-2014, 02:27 PM
that was fantastic, i have never flown but i think she did great

ARtraveler
02-16-2014, 03:18 PM
Never got to do that--but it looks like fun. :thumbup:

ulflyer
02-16-2014, 04:00 PM
And the whole time she was humming or singing!

When I soloed it was/is the most exciting thing I've ever done. Mine was accidental. I was practicing crow hops with my first ultralight to get used to it, so that when I did solo I'd have my own plane to fly. It was a process of cranking up just enough power to keep from stalling and holding it 10-15 feet above ground. This also gave me some training on landing as well. I had done this several times on an 1800ft grass strip and then took it out on the 5K ft runway to get a longer run. About two thirds the way down the RW a small group of deer trotted out and stood there looking as if to say "what is that funny contraption". I was too close to stop so there was no option but to give it full power, all 55 horses, and climb out and go around. That feeling of being in the air all by yourself, no instructor to fall back on, and knowing you're going to land for the first time..one way or the other...was absolutely exhilarating and terrifying at the same time. In my enthusiasm I did a couple more take offs and landings and declared myself then and there, fully trained! :yikes:

I went on to build and fly two more, got additional training and taught for awhile. :)

Sarge707
02-16-2014, 05:59 PM
:clap: Congratulations, I enjoyed every second.
Took some Cessna lessons myself BUT then I bought the Spyders?
If I won Lotto I,d be flying tomorrow!!