PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone installed RonBar yet?

ulflyer
02-15-2014, 06:53 PM
If so, did it noticeably improve tracking on secondary or uneven surfaced roads?

Cruzr Joe
02-15-2014, 06:55 PM
If so, did it noticeably improve tracking on secondary or uneven surfaced roads?

This is my third Ron Bar on my third Spyder, it improves the handling on every surface.

Cruzr Joe

Chupaca
02-15-2014, 07:02 PM
if your talking in general there are a ton who have installed them and love the added handling to their rydes. If you are referring to the 2014's have not heard of any as yet. It is a great help in handling all around..highway and byway..I ryde mostly winding mountain roads and was amazed with the improvement...:thumbup:

Cruzr Joe
02-15-2014, 07:03 PM
if your talking in general there are a ton who have installed them and love the added handling to their rydes. If you are referring to the 2014's have not heard of any as yet. It is a great help in handling all around..highway and byway..I ryde mostly winding mountain roads and was amazed with the improvement...:thumbup:

I put one on my 2014 ............ Love it

Cruzr Joe

ulflyer
02-15-2014, 07:19 PM
This is my third Ron Bar on my third Spyder, it improves the handling on every surface.

Cruzr Joe

Thanks Joe; figured it would. It made a considerable diff on my '11 but since the '14 handles differently, and mostly better, I wasn't sure it would be a useful addition and wanted to hear from a user before commiting. There are other things I could use that money for, but handling is my top priority.

cabodan
02-15-2014, 08:20 PM
I install the Baja Ron and Heim Links about a year ago on my 2012 rt ltd and it improved the front end handling greatly.
You won't be disappointed.
2 thumbs up to BAJA RON

Spacetrucker
02-15-2014, 10:24 PM
i puts rons bar on my 2014 rts and elks to. then lazer it . Now this really makes the bike just hold to road and all the coners and passing big truckes with no move meant :bowdown::yes::ohyea: at all. really worth it bar and ekls on and do laser to. you will be happy for shure..

Jim&Teresa
02-15-2014, 10:30 PM
I put one on my 2014 ............ Love it

Cruzr Joe

Did you do it yourself or had it installed? I had one on my 2012 and was easy to install. I hear the 2013/2014 maybe much harder.

ZWolf-2011
02-16-2014, 09:19 AM
Did you do it yourself or had it installed? I had one on my 2012 and was easy to install. I hear the 2013/2014 maybe much harder.

To answer the question on the 2013 RT, I had a 2011, traded in for a 2013, and about the first thing I felt was the corning was soft, so I myself install the Ron Bar.

You got to get the bike up 2 feet before you can get the bar just right to it slide in. Getting the old bar was not so bad. Now I just traded up again to a 2014 and I removed the Ron Bar from the 2013 RT and I swear it was more effort getting it out then it was putting it in, not saying putting it in was all the easy until I figured it out. My 2013 bike, you could only get the RonBar to to slide in or out from the left side and you got to get it just right and it will slide perfectly in there.

So since I just got the 2014, I got the bar and for sure, I am putting it in soon. The bike is only 2 days old now.

Cruzr Joe
02-16-2014, 11:07 AM

I had Spyderpops put it on, the only reason it is harder is because the bike has to be elevated in order for the bar to swing out for replacement, other than that it appears to be easier to install.

Cruzr Joe

Jim&Teresa
02-16-2014, 12:52 PM
To answer the question on the 2013 RT, I had a 2011, traded in for a 2013, and about the first thing I felt was the corning was soft, so I myself install the Ron Bar.

You got to get the bike up 2 feet before you can get the bar just right to it slide in. Getting the old bar was not so bad. Now I just traded up again to a 2014 and I removed the Ron Bar from the 2013 RT and I swear it was more effort getting it out then it was putting it in, not saying putting it in was all the easy until I figured it out. My 2013 bike, you could only get the RonBar to to slide in or out from the left side and you got to get it just right and it will slide perfectly in there.

So since I just got the 2014, I got the bar and for sure, I am putting it in soon. The bike is only 2 days old now.

Thanks...I want to install the Ron Bar as well on my 2014, but I understood the clearance needed under the bike....how do you get your bike up that high safely? I just have ramps, ATV type jack, etc. My 2012 was very easy, this one sounds easy as well, except for the height needed to install. When you do it, can you post pics??? Thanks.

rick_w
02-17-2014, 02:54 AM
Thanks...I want to install the Ron Bar as well on my 2014, but I understood the clearance needed under the bike....how do you get your bike up that high safely? I just have ramps, ATV type jack, etc. My 2012 was very easy, this one sounds easy as well, except for the height needed to install. When you do it, can you post pics??? Thanks.

Just put it up on Ramps then take your ATV / motorcycle jack and take it up some more. You need at least 20" from where the bar is to the ground.
Take a look at the instructions then at what you have there, it will make sense when you get into it. Little bit of messing around but not to bad.

ulflyer
02-27-2014, 08:02 PM
Had it done at dealer today. Near my home is a 4 mile stretch of very uneven surfaced road that makes for a good test. Before the bar, the RT wanted to wander about quite a bit on that stretch of road; now it doesn't! Very happy with the results. :D

Wiredux
02-27-2014, 08:38 PM
The bars are very good. I have only seen handling improvements after they have been installed.

lookerjdc
03-01-2014, 09:43 PM
put one on my new '14 and it really tightens up my cornering

had one on my 2012 RT but that really needed the bar a lot more than the new 14 did