PDA

View Full Version : A little help... screw loose...lol

carajony
02-14-2014, 06:34 PM
Can anyone tell me where I can buy one of the screws in the pic. Took the cluster out to unplug the useless gauges and one screw fell in the black hole of the spyder...lol... thanx... didnt even know how to search it on here...
83288I guess size n stuff...

SNOOPY
02-14-2014, 06:47 PM
I have a screw loose too.

Shake the bike and see if it falls out, if not looks like the dealer...but they usually want you to buy a bag of five or ten? :banghead:

bruiser
02-14-2014, 06:48 PM
I did the same thing. Found it just under the glove box after I took the top side cover off. You might try a Fasteners Supply if you have one there. Lowes has some metric torx fasteners. Anytime I work on the Spyder, I cover the black holes with rags.

cuznjohn
02-14-2014, 06:51 PM
i ordered a bunch of different screws from these people, not bad prices and pretty fast shipping http://parts.spyder.brp.com/Index.aspx?s1=79kfpj5e01n2iein8ifro72j10&catalog_id=0&language_id=1&siteid=1

carajony
02-14-2014, 07:01 PM
i ordered a bunch of different screws from these people, not bad prices and pretty fast shipping http://parts.spyder.brp.com/Index.aspx?s1=79kfpj5e01n2iein8ifro72j10&catalog_id=0&language_id=1&siteid=1

gee thanx so much...:banghead::duh:

Bob Denman
02-14-2014, 07:07 PM
Do you have a Home Depot or Ace Harware close by?
They normally have a fairly decent selection of bolts in there...
Take one fo the other ones along, and match it up.
A dab of black paint, and you'll be good to go! :thumbup:

carajony
02-14-2014, 07:11 PM
Do you have a Home Depot or Ace Harware close by?
They normally have a fairly decent selection of bolts in there...
Take one fo the other ones along, and match it up.
A dab of black paint, and you'll be good to go! :thumbup:

Thanx bro,,, better answer than Queens Blvd answer from above... Maybe I shouldve bought them at the Queens Center Mall...lol...

SNOOPY
02-14-2014, 07:13 PM
Wow!

lol

Bob Denman
02-14-2014, 07:13 PM
They'd be happy to sell you an eight-dollar cup of Starbucks! :coffee:

NancysToy
02-14-2014, 07:15 PM
If you want the blackened stainless version, to match the originals, see your dealer.

carajony
02-14-2014, 07:20 PM
They'd be happy to sell you an eight-dollar cup of Starbucks! :coffee:

Lol... yeah... lol... actually Queens Center Mall is a very nice place... Alot of nice stores in walking distance from there too... Lots of auto detailing and motorcycle detailing shops... And of course my favorite==== White Castles... nothing like a good murder burger at 3am... :coffee::shocked:

I was gona try the dealer but Ima try Home Depot or Lowes first,, might as well get a few of them if I can...

Cruzr Joe
02-14-2014, 07:41 PM
Can anyone tell me where I can buy one of the screws in the pic. Took the cluster out to unplug the useless gauges and one screw fell in the black hole of the spyder...lol... thanx... didnt even know how to search it on here...
83288I guess size n stuff...

Send me a PM with your address and i will send you one

get it to me tonight and i can mail it in the morning
Cruzr Joe

carajony
02-14-2014, 07:55 PM
Send me a PM with your address and i will send you one

get it to me tonight and i can mail it in the morning
Cruzr Joe

This is the reason I love this site... some awesome peeps... Wow,,, that is great of you... Thank you so much...

Chupaca
02-14-2014, 08:14 PM
should be a 6x1.0 mm or 8x1.25 mm don't know the length. Home depot has them and sure others. Auto part carry them as well if you can take one with you they can match it up...:thumbup: