PDA

View Full Version : Need an ISCS Hand Brake Installer near San Antonio, TX

IHOP
02-13-2014, 11:30 PM
Hey all. I need an ISCS Hand Brake Installer near San Antonio, TX asap. I'm getting my 2013 RT-S next week, 20 Feb 2014, and can't ride until one is installed. I am going to order the hand brake from ISCS tomorrow to have it here when my Spyder arrives from Midland so I can take advantage of some good weather! Thanks in advance!

rogerb
02-14-2014, 09:21 AM
When I bought mine from ISCS my dealer installed it for me. The technician followed instructions and had no problem. The dealership asked him how much time it would take him to do another one and charged that for installation time. No BRP systems are affected by the installation. It is a complete add-on system. Just time consuming. Good knowledge for the dealership when people with disabilities start asking questions about the product. They had already done a throttle change from right to left.

IHOP
02-14-2014, 12:44 PM
Thanks rogerb. I talked to the closest dealer up in New Braunfels & they will not install stating it violates the warranty. I assume since it does not effect any systems that should not be the case. I am a right leg above the knee amputee & need the hb! If anyone knows someone in my area that has installed an ISCS hand brake call me 210.274.9145 or direct email as well: Cowboysoftheway@att.net. Thanks!

cuznjohn
02-14-2014, 01:00 PM
i did my own and it was not hard, do you have some biker friends that might help you do it, ask around, very important to remove the muffler to get access to where the slave cylinder goes, and my dealer also wouldn't install it. it is a add on so it shouldn't affect any warranty, nothing on the original system is cut into or modified in any way

IHOP
02-27-2014, 11:06 AM
I can't thank ingramsail (http://ingramsail) enough for all his help last Saturday to install the ISCI Hand Brake! It took us a few ours, but Daryl is an expert at taking panels off and his knowledge of RT's is outstanding! A great Spyder Mentor and my new friend! Linda his bride, made us lunch for which we are very grateful! Thank you Daryl for the help!

NancysToy
02-27-2014, 12:19 PM
:clap:

ISCI Billy
03-04-2014, 05:00 PM
Enjoy!