PDA

View Full Version : Clutch set screw oil leak vin numbers

MidTNDawg
02-13-2014, 05:42 PM
Has anyone seen a list of the included vins? My dealership has not, and I have not on this site.

SAPD911
02-13-2014, 06:02 PM
Has anyone seen a list of the included vins? My dealership has not, and I have not on this site.

I wouldn't go by the VIN numbers, they said mine wasn't in the range and guess what, I have the set screw leak confirmed by the dealership. My vin and build is below in my signature.

Jeriatric
02-13-2014, 07:56 PM
Someone posted a pdf link of serial numbers. But, it was a response within an exsisting thread. Last week? If memory serves me.

Chupaca
02-13-2014, 08:33 PM
have it checked. I don't think they know. Should be the whole production to the point they made the change...if dealer corrected it they will know.. :thumbup:

MidTNDawg
02-14-2014, 12:52 PM
but has a 12/17/13 build date. Dealer has not had anything showing VINs, and it is a Platinum Certified dealer. For those who have had the leaks, does the dealer have your VIN indicating a fix needed?

ulflyer
02-19-2014, 05:01 PM
but has a 12/17/13 build date. Dealer has not had anything showing VINs, and it is a Platinum Certified dealer. For those who have had the leaks, does the dealer have your VIN indicating a fix needed?

Stopped by my dealer today just to chat and Svc Mngr said they had got a list of those they had received and all were fixed before they went out the door. He looked up my vin on computer and it was not listed. So far, no leaks.

Went to parts to get a couple oil filter.s...I like to be prepared.....and they don't have any in yet!

Bob Denman
02-19-2014, 06:00 PM
Went to parts to get a couple oil filter.s...I like to be prepared.....and they don't have any in yet!
:shocked: That can't be good...
Do they have any idea as to when availability starts to happen??

ulflyer
02-20-2014, 05:50 AM
:shocked: That can't be good...
Do they have any idea as to when availability starts to happen??

I didn't really ask as it took the new guy behind the counter forever to find the part nr and check to see if they had any. With only 700 mi, I fig they'll have some before I really need them. Actually, I plan on changing the oil at 1000 or so, leaving orig filter in, and then again at 4000 with a new filter. I've still got some Castrol Blend to use up so I'll put that in first. After that I'll use Amsoil I have on hand and at some point I want to try the Motul Blend. Each will get lab tested at 3000 to see how its performing and to make sure nothing unusual is going on with the engine. Also serves as an additional record since I always do my own oil changes.