PDA

View Full Version : Please delete sold items & completed wtb threads!

hogrider46
02-13-2014, 08:10 AM
Please, instead of putting "Sold" on an item why not delete the item? Or if you've found what your looking for "WTB" why not delete your Thread? It's like searching on Craigslist. You find an item your looking for and read through all the replys or call the ph. number listed only to find the item has been sold.
There are over 1100 threads on here dating back to August 2012. It should not be up to the site administrator to go through all of these threads and delete the "sold" items and there's no way to tell if a member has found what they were looking for. It doesn't take any longer to delete an item than it is to put "sold" on it. This should be done as a courtesy to others.

Thanks,

Erags
02-13-2014, 08:22 AM
I agree completely

spyder-dude
02-13-2014, 08:36 AM
Even if you are the original poster of a thread you don't have permission to delete the thread....

Barlock
02-13-2014, 09:00 AM
Even if you are the original poster of a thread you don't have permission to delete the thread....

Yes you can. Here is what you do: In your original thread you click on Administartive link, select Delete and click on Proceed.

hogrider46
02-13-2014, 09:45 AM

To delete (original poster) just tap on administrative button at top and hit delete thread. It's that easy. I've deleted the items I've sold and it's just 2 quick steps. If you have an item on here check it out.

Thanks,

3whlLefty
02-13-2014, 11:09 AM
This should be a fairly short forum. Delete those old items and the people who come to look will have a much better chance of seeing your active listing. :clap:

I just came in here to delete my posting and here's this thread at the top of the list. Great Karma!! I was also surprised at how long it took me to find my own post so I could delete it. I almost went back to the search function.

Some Guy
02-13-2014, 11:50 AM
I agree completely

:agree:

I delete mine once items are sold.

spyder-dude
02-13-2014, 12:02 PM
Didn't know this. Thanks just deleted a few of my stuff I sold!

Chupaca
02-13-2014, 12:24 PM
Glad you posted this for I'm sure many have thought the same thing. The only other way would be a time limit where it will automatically be removed...thanks..:thumbup:

ARtraveler
02-13-2014, 03:04 PM
A very helpful suggestion. :thumbup::yes:

DrewNJ
02-13-2014, 03:14 PM
I disagree. Mark the item as sold and let the thread die as is.
This does 2 things:
1) it leaves the thread intact. So in the event there is a dispute about an item sold, the thread is there for information to help make things right.
2) it gives a seller of a similar item an idea of what things are selling for, and the ability to ask a realistic price.

Unless belligerent or obvious spam I am not a fan of deleting threads.

Sent from my Venue 8 3830 using Tapatalk

Blue Star
02-13-2014, 06:10 PM
This does 2 things:
1) it leaves the thread intact. So in the event there is a dispute about an item sold, the thread is there for information to help make things right.
2) it gives a seller of a similar item an idea of what things are selling for, and the ability to ask a realistic price.

Unless belligerent or obvious spam I am not a fan of deleting threads.

Sent from my Venue 8 3830 using Tapatalk

:agree: with the above, but if Bob Denman replied to one of my for sale posts. It would drop his post count :lecturef_smilie:, and I promised never to do that again

Spyder Tony
02-13-2014, 06:46 PM
This does 2 things:

:agree:
I agree with this assessment. Before buying my '08 GS from this site, I scoured for similar bikes to see what they were going for. Granted, I did the same on Craigslist and EBay...but it was the previous bikes sold on this site (and their associated timeframe) which helped me in finding the "value" on the sellers pricing. Granted, there may not be very many doing so, but it is a useful tool for those of us who do use it. I truly see both pros & cons of each mindset, but for albeit, selfish reasons, i'd like to see the prior posts remain.

Michael211_2000
02-14-2014, 12:27 AM
When I used this forum to sell a pair of Can-Am leather pants that didn't fit me right, I returned to add "Sold!" to the end of the thread once I had received the funds (via Paypal), then once the buyer confirmed he had received the pants and was happy with them I came back to the thread and finally deleted it.

It seemed to make the most sense, this way others who were also inquring about the item I had for sale could see I'd sold the item, and once the sale was complete and the buyer had received and was happy with the item I removed the entire thread. JMHO.

- Michael

Benggolf
02-14-2014, 12:50 PM
Have deleted my thread when item sold.

Dan McNally
02-14-2014, 04:09 PM
In the spirit of this thread, I'm going to post this . . . then delete it, later! :hun:

3Willie
02-14-2014, 04:19 PM
It is understandable why you may not want to delete a thread, but at least update to show when an item is sold. I have wasted a fair amount of time contacting people about items that are no longer available. I would also think that anything over a year old is outdated anyway and should be automatically deleted.