PDA

View Full Version : Saw a Cognac RTS today

cognaccruiser
02-13-2014, 12:03 AM
My wife and I went to the dealership today where we have put down a deposit on a Cognac RTS SE6. The one we are getting is due at the dealership in April. However, they had a Cognac RTS SE6 on the floor and it was the first time we had actually seen the colour other than in pictures.
We were both very pleased with what we saw. Most pictures look much more like orange than what it looks like in person. To us it looked more of a copper colour and I've always liked that colour tone in after market paint jobs. So we are happy with our choice. (And no, it didn't look anything like poop).
They also started it up for us so we could hear it. It does sound different from the V-Twin but not at all unpleasant. I was pleased with how it sounded. Having had diesels before, I really couldn't hear any similarity to a diesel as has been suggested.
The seat seemed very comfortable and I liked the black/grey 2-tone and how it matched with the black trim of the RTS.
Now the waiting has just become much harder but the delay will give lots of time to sell our Gold Wing.
I mentioned the oil leak with the locktite fix and they were aware of it and had received the bulletin so I was happy to hear they were up to date on that.
Just my .02 worth.
Cheers, Gary

SpyderAnn01
02-13-2014, 12:14 AM
I'm glad you liked the color. That wouldn't have been good if April came around and you realized that you didn't like the color after all. I personally think that the 2014 sounds like a tractor.

Bob Denman
02-13-2014, 07:56 AM
A tractor??? http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_19_2.gif
Perhaps if you stick your head down by the pipe
But from the saddle; they sound SWEET! :2thumbs:

Cruzr Joe
02-13-2014, 08:48 AM
If they had the exact one you wanted ..................................... why are you waiting for one to be delivered in April?????

Cruzr Joe

Bob Denman
02-13-2014, 08:53 AM
Perhaps it's been promised to another customer? :dontknow:
My dealer asked me if he could put mine on the showroom floor until next weekend... he had some folks coming, who wanted to see the Cognac bikes in person.
Why not? :thumbup: He said that he'll keep a "Sold; don't screw with this bike!" sign on it for me anyway... :D

Cruzr Joe
02-13-2014, 09:00 AM
Perhaps it's been promised to another customer? :dontknow:
My dealer asked me if he could put mine on the showroom floor until next weekend... he had some folks coming, who wanted to see the Cognac bikes in person.
Why not? :thumbup: He said that he'll keep a "Sold; don't screw with this bike!" sign on it for me anyway... :D

Hey Bob, my niece and her 12 kids sat on your new bike yesterday at the dealership (all at the same time), if you find a pacifier and a sippy cup full of purple Kool-Aid it was hers, i think the Kool -Aid spilled under the seat, because that's where they are finding ants now, and don't worry about the footprints on the frunk, they will buff out and ................. better not tell you about the rest. :shocked:

Cruzr Joe

cognaccruiser
02-13-2014, 10:21 AM
I'm glad you liked the color. That wouldn't have been good if April came around and you realized that you didn't like the color after all. I personally think that the 2014 sounds like a tractor.

Well, we thought we would like it based on pictures and comments. Seeing it in person just confirmed that we did and in fact it was even nicer than we thought it would be.

Tractor sound definitely didn't come to mind. Sound, like colour I guess, is probably perceived differently by each of us. Time will tell how we will feel about the sound.

Gary

cognaccruiser
02-13-2014, 10:33 AM
If they had the exact one you wanted ..................................... why are you waiting for one to be delivered in April?????

Cruzr Joe

but I need to sell our Gold Wing first as I am not financing the deal. The sale of the Wing will take care of a big chunk of the price. It is just coming into the time of year where I am that selling a bike is more favourable. Also, the dealership wanted this one on the floor and I don't want one that a few hundred people had sat on and marked up with touching, dragging their feet over it and more.

Gary

Bob Denman
02-13-2014, 11:33 AM
Hey Bob, my niece and her 12 kids sat on your new bike yesterday at the dealership (all at the same time), if you find a pacifier and a sippy cup full of purple Kool-Aid it was hers, i think the Kool -Aid spilled under the seat, because that's where they are finding ants now, and don't worry about the footprints on the frunk, they will buff out and ................. better not tell you about the rest. :shocked:

Cruzr Joe

Don't worry Joe; we already found that diaper full of cradle-gravy... :shocked: :roflblack:

Chupaca
02-13-2014, 12:45 PM
sounds like you had a great visit with your future ryde...congrats!! Hope the wait wound be too painful...:roflblack:

Tango
02-13-2014, 02:18 PM
Perhaps it's been promised to another customer? :dontknow:My dealer asked me if he could put mine on the showroom floor until next weekend... he had some folks coming, who wanted to see the Cognac bikes in person.Why not? :thumbup: He said that he'll keep a "Sold; don't screw with this bike!" sign on it for me anyway... :DI told my dealer no! They are a very busy dealership, lots of traffic all day. I don't need to see a scratch because some yaahoo :yikes: wanted to sit on it. :banghead: He agreed. Tom :trike:

Bob Denman
02-13-2014, 02:24 PM
I'm pretty aware of Rusty's showroom... :shocked: :bowdown:
I wouldn't set one out in the middle of that either! :thumbup:

ARtraveler
02-13-2014, 02:28 PM
Thank you for posting about your "in person" viewing of the Cognac :ani29:. It does sound like a good color choice for those wanting the orange to copper shades. :thumbup:

Cruzr Joe
02-13-2014, 02:48 PM
Don't worry Joe; we already found that diaper full of cradle-gravy... :shocked: :roflblack:

That was what i didn't want to discuss. :yikes:

Cruzr Joe

Bob Denman
02-13-2014, 02:51 PM
They found it while mopping up the vomit and blood in the left saddlebag... :barf: :D

OJ UK
02-13-2014, 04:59 PM

Cradle Gravy!!! Good grief! The mind boggles....at least mine did. It's the first time I've ever heard that expression!
The resultant mental imagery is.....:barf::barf:

/Thinks to self:....I really gotta find a way of slippin' that one into a British forum !

Nils888
02-13-2014, 08:17 PM
The 2014 RTS sound like a detuned Seadoo. I still like the sound of a V twin.

Bob Denman
02-14-2014, 07:49 AM
Cradle Gravy!!! Good grief! The mind boggles....at least mine did. It's the first time I've ever heard that expression!
The resultant mental imagery is.....:barf::barf:

/Thinks to self:....I really gotta find a way of slippin' that one into a British forum !

Isn't it great; what you can learn on this internet thing?? :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflb lack:

scarecrow
02-14-2014, 05:26 PM
Went to my dealer today to see the same spyder. Looks good. I like the lack of Chrome. To me it's just more to try a keep clean.
Anyway I asked what I could get on a trade for my 13rts with under 1300 miles on it. He said it would be better to take the hit now and buy the 14 and keep it for 5 years rather then try and trade it in two years. I said ok I'll take a look at the bike some more. I turned around to talk to them (both a sales manger and my sales person) and they were both GONE. So I went back the the service dept. and asked about the new Service Bulletin on the 13s. Yes there is one and I'll get mine done soon. Asked if this will cure the heating problem. He said he's not sure,but will stop the stalling problem at lights. He also said if you want to stop the heating problem to buy the 14 and it goes away.:shocked:

I'm so happy I bought the extended warrenty.:yes::yes::yes: