PDA

View Full Version : Pass. Armrests

Motorcycledave
02-11-2014, 12:18 PM
Hi Dave here,
After riding on 2 wheels for about a zillion years, and having my wife tell me I should
get more wheels under me 2 years ago I bought a used 2008 GS "that is trouble free"
but I have since made a ton of mods to... my latest but not installed as yet maybe today
I got from ISCI the arm rests for the passenger mainly because unlike my motorcycles
when I ride with my grandchildren on with me "one at a time" when I go into a turn
the Centrifugal Force is doing it's best to throw the passenger off, not so on my motorcycles
so I got the arm rests to help with that. Has anyone here mounted the armrests on their GS/RS
and do you think they are an asset ?
What say you:hun:
Dave

Jackspyder
02-11-2014, 12:40 PM
I've thought about installing armrests for my RT, but don't really know where to begin...

Bob Denman
02-11-2014, 12:43 PM
Dave,
Spyderjockey put a set on his GS; drop him a PM... :thumbup:

As far as armrests on an RT: Diamond-R! :2thumbs: nojoke

Chupaca
02-11-2014, 01:25 PM
they will be a great help when ryding with kids or tired passengers that doze...:yikes: And they do. I avoid long straight boring roads so don't have that problem with my passengers but have friends that do...!!

ValCruzSpyder
02-11-2014, 01:33 PM
83147 Just received and installed both the armrest and backrest from Value Accessories onto m RT. This is the photo from their website. My wife loves the armrests and I give two thumbs up for the backrest.

Omcge
02-11-2014, 02:00 PM
83147 Just received and installed both the armrest and backrest from Value Accessories onto m RT. This is the photo from their website. My wife loves the armrests and I give two thumbs up for the backrest.

Looks good.
Can you still use the hand rests and do they move out of the way for a passenger to mount?

Cruzr Joe
02-11-2014, 02:07 PM
:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Cruzr Joe

napper39
02-11-2014, 02:13 PM
heres mine on my 2010 rs and they were grat my loved them and now i got them on my 2013 rt but no picture of the rt with the armrest but my wife made me put them on are new rt frist thing,she even helped me put both of them on.:2thumbs:

ValCruzSpyder
02-11-2014, 03:10 PM
Looks good.
Can you still use the hand rests and do they move out of the way for a passenger to mount?

Each side has a pair of set screws. Figure out how much play you want in the armrest, then set the set screws. The armrests can move in or out to swing out of the way for the passenger. Easy setup!!!;)

redlightron
02-11-2014, 03:22 PM
Also look at Diamond R who is a sponsor on this web site.:ohyea:

Hemet Spyder
02-11-2014, 03:37 PM
We installed them on our 2009 RS. The wife was against them until I installed them. She loves them now and I feel more secure knowing I won't lose my best friend. Easy to install and they look just fine. She now boards the bike before I do. That is the only difference.

I highly recommend these.

Happy Riding.

sabunim5
02-11-2014, 03:59 PM
edrags has them on his GS/RS and has for years. No problem mounting; and his wife loved them. Now she has her own RT, but I am sure they would help for passenger safety with children

Motorcycledave
02-11-2014, 07:01 PM
I was not as concerned with my wife falling off she has been with me on it for about 3000miles
last year but I am sure she will like them I was mainly doing this to make it a little safer for the
kids.
Thanks everyone
Dave:thumbup:

Cruzr Joe
02-11-2014, 07:02 PM
i ordered a set of these 3 days ago $264.95 delivered. Hope the Wife likes them

Cruzr Joe

Dan_Ashley
02-11-2014, 07:06 PM
Also look at Diamond R who is a sponsor on this web site.:ohyea:
I installed the Diamond R arm rests. My wife loves 'em. Just make sure to give the torsion screw at the top of the bracket an extra 1/2 turn to tighten it more. This was Bob's idea and it made the arm rests more ... um.... better.

Bumble Bee T
02-11-2014, 07:37 PM
just installed a set from ISCI that i got from a fellow spyder lover. Wifey has not ridden them but seems to really like them. waiting fo snow and ice and freezing temps to pass so we get some seat time in

Cruzr Joe
02-14-2014, 12:58 PM
i ordered a set of these 3 days ago $264.95 delivered. Hope the Wife likes them

Cruzr Joe

UPDATE, Wife likes them.

Cruzr Joe