PDA

View Full Version : PLASTIC PONY

SPYD3R
02-09-2014, 10:12 PM
hey guys n gals....

for those of you that rode the 2 wheeled IRON HORSEs, how would you rate those against our PLASTIC PONY's....?
after years of riding 2 wheelers (mostly off-road), i find my SPYD3R to be such a charm to ride over the 2 wheelers.... the ease, stability, performance, simplicity, satisfaction of owning a SPYD3R is just a joy.... not to mention the ROCK STAR feeling at most every gas stop i've made in the last 4 yrs....

what's your view on the 'pros & cons' of the two....?

my vote goes to my SPYD3R... :yes:

SNOOPY
02-09-2014, 10:49 PM
I never owned a 2 wheeler....well except for my crazy Doodlebug... :)

http://i670.photobucket.com/albums/vv61/fastestshelby2/Doodlebug%202012/DSC00390.jpg (http://s670.photobucket.com/user/fastestshelby2/media/Doodlebug%202012/DSC00390.jpg.html)

Chupaca
02-09-2014, 11:06 PM
could write a book about the diferences, the pros and cons, the likes and dislikes but find that they are different worlds to me. I love my roadster and have never regreted getting rid of my bikes. Don't get me wrong I loved all my bikes and quads thru the years but they are my fun machines and can not afford more than one. I had liquidated all fun machines when we moved to San Diego but you can't live here and not ryde..so all We can say is we love our roadster and ryde every chance we get...:thumbup: :ohyea::ohyea:

BajaRon
02-09-2014, 11:11 PM
I have to agree with Chupaca. About the only comparison between 2 wheels and the Spyder is they are both great rides.

I rode dirt and street in San Diego (SoCal). And loved every minute of it (well, except for the crashes). It's hard to say I like one over the other. They are both irreplaceable experiences.

Dan_Ashley
02-09-2014, 11:56 PM
64 years old. Started riding at age 19. That makes 45 years...you can't compare a two-wheeler to a car. Totally different. You can't compare a two wheeler to a Spyder. Totally different. Cars are good. Two wheelers are good. Spyders are good. All three are completely different.

ARtraveler
02-10-2014, 12:26 AM
I like any kind of motorcycle. Been in my blood for over a half century. Never met a bike I did not like. Bought my first :spyder2: because it was new, innovative, and just "different" from the rest of the pack. Now, three wheels is what I have to ryde. My bad hip will not support the weight of a two wheeler these days, so I am riding on three.

Motorcycledave
02-10-2014, 12:51 AM
The Spyder is a bunch of fun, I have a 2008 GS I got used in an attempt to see if I would like to have one
and did not want to spend 20K to find out. 2 years ago after riding 2 wheels for well over 50 years I was
T-boned by a drunk driver, no insurence, no drivers lic. and it was his 4th. DUI and did I mention he was driving
an unlicensed truck that was not his and it had stolen plates on it.
All that just after I had my knees replaced and so my wife of 28 years who has ridden with me for over 3/4 of a million miles said you best get something that will not tip over if you want me to ride with you ever again. So the Spyder was the way I went, however I did give much thought to having my GoldWing made into a trike and decided not to do that.
All I can say about the Spyder is... it's one hell of a lot of fun to ride, it is more work to ride because it does not lean
in the corners so you have to put a lot of your body into it while riding in the twisties... make no mistake it is not a
motorcycle, it does not ride or handle like a motorcycle but I am glad I have it and will when I see improvements to the
RT I will buy one... so far they have done a great job with the 2014 and I hope they put the 3 banger in the RS in 2015
if they do that I will be on a new RS or maybe the ST model.
That is my opinion... hey and you know about opinions.... everyone has one...
Ride Safe :thumbup:
Dave

I have to agree with Chupaca. About the only comparison between 2 wheels and the Spyder is they are both great rides.

I rode dirt and street in San Diego (SoCal). And loved every minute of it (well, except for the crashes). It's hard to say I like one over the other. They are both irreplaceable experiences.

Bob Denman
02-10-2014, 10:20 AM
Nothing beats the feel of a "tipover"; when you've got it leaned WAY over in a broad sweeper... :D :thumbup:
But our bikes are WAY cooler, in other ways... :2thumbs:

Oldmanzues
02-10-2014, 10:59 AM
Over the last 60 + I have ridden two wheel street, a couple three wheel street (before Spyderville) and two, three and four wheel dirt rides. a Harley Service-car is not the ideal ride. Two wheel dirt racing of a couple different kinds + fun, Three wheels, once I learned how to ride them, fun, ever ride a 250 R with a CB 750 motor ?Then Quad instructor/rider. All different brands.
All diferent all fun of some kind.
Miss the lean on a two wheel, but at the same time feel a lot better on a curve with the spyder, nowdays. So do I miss the trying to hold up a two wheeler at very slow speed or trying push the bike backwards on a slope or with gravel under your foot, Not really.
Worst incident on a two wheeler. I was riding up to the Pinical (sp) (Mountain top) at Cumberland National Park on a ST1100. Sharp curves with drastic elvation changes in the middle of them. A car comind down almost forced me off the road into a sharp drop off. I managed to get stopped, but the bike is on a uphill sloped turn, with my toes barely touching the pavement. Engine had stalled. Car did not stop, of course. I finally managed to ese it backward, until my feet were solid on ground. I turned around and back down. I went back a couple later on the Spyder, same curve ( I think) car almst on my side. I just stopped. Car went on bye, I rode on up. In the parking lot on top, I saw a bunch of Harley riders. Several came over and asked about the
spyder, nice not mean. One guy asked if I stopped in that uphil turn and I said, yes. He asked if it was a problem to go, I said no, just a like car there. We walked over and looked at the overlook. Then back in the parking lot, One guy came over and asked if I do him a big favor and I could laugh if I wanted to. he would even pay me. He asked if I would take his wife down on the spyder. He had almost dropped his bike on that turn on the way up.She was terrified to ride back down with him. I said, yes. She was on behind me as we getting to leave. Another guy came over with the wsame request, if I was willing to ride back the mountain. I said yes again. Took one down and went back up for the other lady and her husband rode down in front of me.
They wanted to pay and I refuse, then they said, lunch at least. I said okay. We had lunch and did some riding togeather. Great day.

With all this said, All were/are fun, but for many reasons, a Spyder is my ride now.
Oldmanzues

Cruzr Joe
02-10-2014, 12:23 PM
Plastic Pony?????????????

OUCH

SPYD3R
02-10-2014, 12:35 PM
I like any kind of motorcycle. Been in my blood for over a half century. Never met a bike I did not like. Bought my first :spyder2: because it was new, innovative, and just "different" from the rest of the pack. Now, three wheels is what I have to ryde. My bad hip will not support the weight of a two wheeler these days, so I am riding on three.

if it's your RIGHT HIP, we must be TWINS....... :roflblack:

ValCruzSpyder
02-10-2014, 01:20 PM

OUCH

Plastic Pony or Tupperware Turtle!?!?!? Take your pick!! Either way, I LOVE MY SPYDER!!!!:yes:

Bob Denman
02-10-2014, 02:32 PM
"Tupperware Turtle"... :D :2thumbs:
THAT one; I like! :thumbup:

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/16/16_5_42.gif

spydaman60
02-10-2014, 02:51 PM

OUCHsure hope that doesn't catch on joe!!! i was feeling the hurt myself!!!

spydaman60
02-10-2014, 02:53 PM
"Tupperware Turtle"... :D :2thumbs:
THAT one; I like! :thumbup:

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/16/16_5_42.gifsure hope that new rt of yours moves a lot faster than that turtles head!!:roflblack:

Bob Denman
02-10-2014, 02:58 PM
I may be slow; but I'm still in front of somebody!! :roflblack:

SNOOPY
02-10-2014, 04:12 PM
I may be slow; but I'm still in front of somebody!! :roflblack:

Not any ST riders. :firstplace: