PDA

View Full Version : Cognac.......

Jeriatric
02-09-2014, 01:17 PM
After having seen Daves in varying light conditions. It looks deep and rich.

Makes me think 'Candy Butterscotch'.

We all see colors differently.

One things for sure. It's a fun color!

SpyderAnn01
02-09-2014, 01:18 PM
After having seen Daves in varying light conditions. It looks deep and rich.

Makes me think 'Candy Butterscotch'.

We all see colors differently.

One things for sure. It's a fun color!

It is a fun color but would require me purchasing all new riding gear. Can't be clashing with my machine!

Bob Denman
02-09-2014, 01:23 PM
:shocked: But... you've already owned pretty near every possible color! :shocked:
Collect the entire set!! :thumbup:

Dan McNally
02-09-2014, 01:28 PM
I saw it for the first time, yesterday, and the Timonium, MD Motorcycle show . . . really nice!

PaSpyderRyder
02-09-2014, 01:34 PM
I saw it in person yesterday when the wife and I made a trip to our local dealer........... real sweet color, We ended up ordering one.

Bob

Bob Denman
02-09-2014, 01:37 PM
:congrats: :2thumbs:
What's gonna happen, when we all show up in the same parking lot? :shocked: :yikes:
Folks will be running around; trying keys in ignitions switches, and hoping for the best!! :D

SpyderAnn01
02-09-2014, 01:38 PM
:shocked: But... you've already ownered pretty near every possible color! :shocked:
Collect the entire set!! :thumbup:

No, silly, I've ridden almost every color. And believe me the yellow was a stretch for me but it grew on me. For a while anyway. :roflblack:

spydaman60
02-09-2014, 01:39 PM
It is a fun color but would require me purchasing all new riding gear. Can't be clashing with my machine!fashion police are looking for you ann!!!:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

Bob Denman
02-09-2014, 01:43 PM
No, silly, I've ridden almost every color. And believe me the yellow was a stretch for me but it grew on me. For a while anyway. :roflblack:
Yes; you DID "warm up", to that color... :shocked: :D

Jeriatric
02-09-2014, 01:56 PM
Yes; you DID "warm up", to that color... :shocked: :D

Yup, bet she has some 'very bright' memories of that one.

BikerDoc
02-09-2014, 02:35 PM
I have had the Cognac for over six weeks now and I still love it. Every time I walk into the garage (headed there for a ride in a few minutes), it lights up my day

ARtraveler
02-09-2014, 02:43 PM
The "in person" color is usually much different from the photo version. I have seen many photos now of the cognac and they range from very nice to maybe I like. Have yet to see one in person--so am reserving my final opinion. For me, I wanted something different from silver, red, magnesium, and black. Don't like to repeat colors.

spyderbirds
02-09-2014, 02:43 PM
I saw it in person yesterday when the wife and I made a trip to our local dealer........... real sweet color, We ended up ordering one.

Bob

You'll have to let us know when you get it in!

PaSpyderRyder
02-09-2014, 03:33 PM
:congrats: :2thumbs:
What's gonna happen, when we all show up in the same parking lot? :shocked: :yikes:
Folks will be running around; trying keys in ignitions switches, and hoping for the best!! :D

Bob,

I know your going to get in trouble if you even think about this but that is why we put our own personal farkles on so we know it is the right :spyder2:

Bob

Chupaca
02-09-2014, 03:35 PM
are we talking booze, candy or paint...the color is really nice. There are many similar on car running around. I know each one is just a scoush different. Will some day see brp up close...congrats to the cognac club..:clap::clap:

JimFoy
02-09-2014, 04:07 PM
83069I just picked up my cognac LTD. Love it.

Bob Denman
02-09-2014, 05:23 PM
Bob,

I know your going to get in trouble if you even think about this but that is why we put our own personal farkles on so we know it is the right :spyder2:

Bob

I just KNEW, that us Bobs would think alike! :thumbup:
I've been practicing in front of a mirror...
:shocked: "But Honey; how will we EVER be able to tell it apart from all of the others?" :shocked:

cuznjohn
02-09-2014, 06:50 PM
i really like the color also but i would order yellow again they say yellow is faster

Bob Denman
02-09-2014, 06:53 PM
Yellow... :shocked:
Please remind me about the connotation of that "yellow streak"; when it runs down somebody's back...
...just sayin'... :D

cuznjohn
02-09-2014, 06:57 PM
Yellow... :shocked:
Please remind me about the connotation of that "yellow streak"; when it runs down somebody's back...
...just sayin'... :D

bob is it snowing up there, it started here about a hour ago

Bob Denman
02-09-2014, 07:07 PM
I've been keeping an eye on the reports...
This squall should move through quickly; only an inch or so of accumulation.
The NEXT one that's sneaking in behind it; THAT'LL be the one to look out for! :shocked:

Purple Guy
02-09-2014, 09:25 PM
I just love the color!
Can't wait to have it sitting in my garage next to my other Spyder!

http://i853.photobucket.com/albums/ab92/Purple_Guy/001_zps4a7e5a2e.jpg (http://s853.photobucket.com/user/Purple_Guy/media/001_zps4a7e5a2e.jpg.html)

Bob Denman
02-09-2014, 09:32 PM
:2thumbs: :clap: :2thumbs: Very nice!

dave92253
02-11-2014, 08:10 AM
I am glad you like my bike jer. you are a great friend. Has anyone added LEDS yet? What color? I am a LED freak. All my bikes have lots of lights on em.......ask Jer

Jeriatric
02-11-2014, 09:34 AM
Dave, give Reggy at tricled a call. ( 954-328-9507 )

Just in case you have yet to see them. Check out these pic's.

http://tricled.com/TricLed.com/Photos.html

Magdave
02-11-2014, 01:06 PM
I for one would like BRP quit telling me what color I can have based on MSRP. Why can't they do it like other vehicle manufacturers ? If I could order a plain vanilla RT in Cognac they would have another 2014 buyer. I just do not need or want the added cost of bling to get a color I want. Maybe next year the will get with the program. I want a Chinese menu one from column A one from column B etc.

Bob Denman
02-11-2014, 01:11 PM
Marketing... ;) marketing... :shocked: :gaah:
But it IS a real sharp-looking color; at any price! :thumbup:

Jeriatric
02-11-2014, 01:13 PM
I for one would like BRP quit telling me what color I can have based on MSRP. Why can't they do it like other vehicle manufacturers ? If I could order a plain vanilla RT in Cognac they would have another 2014 buyer. I just do not need or want the added cost of bling to get a color I want. Maybe next year the will get with the program. I want a Chinese menu one from column A one from column B etc.

You buy based on color? If so, your fiminine side is showing. I thought anything with an engine in it was supposed to be black. :joke: :doorag:

Magdave
02-11-2014, 01:15 PM
Marketing... ;) marketing... :shocked: :gaah:
But it IS a real sharp-looking color; at any price! :thumbup:

Well they a not marketing to me and what I want. Just one lost sale but I bet they are losing more than one. I hate black rims.:dontknow: They need to quit treating the RT like an ugly stepchild it costs plenty. Not willing to spend 4$k more for a color and rims I do not like and pretty much useless fog lights and ugly fender trim. It is not like the parts won't fit in the color I want.

Bob Denman
02-11-2014, 01:21 PM
The basic bikes are available only in Black and White...
It makes good marketing sense, for them to be able to way:
"For only a few dollars more (:D), we could put you on one of these!"
Try and remember; we want BRP to be very successful with this bike.
If they give away the store, and pull the plug on the project... :shocked:

ChrisW
02-11-2014, 01:24 PM

???, does the color change the price???

Jeriatric
02-11-2014, 01:30 PM
???, does the color change the price???

Or, does the price.....change the color :helpsmilie::read:

Bob Denman
02-11-2014, 01:33 PM
:shocked: That's deep... :shocked:
:D

Magdave
02-11-2014, 02:00 PM
"For only a few dollars more (:D), we could put you on one of these!"
:shocked:

It is more than " a few dollars more" it is ~18% more. Cost benefit analysis says selling more bikes vs trying to force an up sale that ain't gonna happen makes more sense.:thumbup: I DO NOT like the RTS so I will never buy one. The LTD has things I don't need or want so they are losing a sale. I will wait till the prices get hammered and buy a low mileage used RTL some time in the future. JMHO that selling bikes that people want makes sense to me instead of some stupid marketing decision. This is what happens when you put bean counters in control. I won't even mention the "satin" silver decision I saw one up close and to me it looks like primer.

OJ UK
02-11-2014, 02:36 PM
I see what Dave is saying and to some extent I feel the same way. I don't like unnecessary electronic gizmos as they
tend to make the machine overly complex and thus more prone to problems.
Things like an electrically operated hand-brake, when a foot pedal will do the same job. Radio may be fine for the ryding
conditions in the US but in the UK you need all of your faculties functioning all of the time, and for me at least it would be
dangerous for me to 'get lost in the music' on a British road....although some do it and seem to be OK.

So what I would do is buy the base model and take it to a local paint shop and get them to make it the colour I want.
That would be much less expensive than spending $4K extra for stuff I didn't want.
There isn't much bodywork and most if not all can be quickly removed for spraying in a booth.
Think of the possibilities! You could have a Cognaq bike with subtle orange/yellow* sparkly overtones in the laquer top coat!
Or even an opalescent laquer top coat!

* Or any other colour that floats your boat!! Maybe turquoise!! :rolleyes:

Just my tuppence worth!:thumbup:

Magdave
02-11-2014, 02:50 PM
I see what Dave is saying and to some extent I feel the same way. I don't like unnecessary electronic gizmos as they
tend to make the machine overly complex and thus more prone to problems.
Things like an electrically operated hand-brake, when a foot pedal will do the same job. Radio may be fine for the ryding
conditions in the US but in the UK you need all of your faculties functioning all of the time, and for me at least it would be
dangerous for me to 'get lost in the music' on a British road....although some do it and seem to be OK.

So what I would do is buy the base model and take it to a local paint shop and get them to make it the colour I want.
That would be much less expensive than spending $4K extra for stuff I didn't want.
There isn't much bodywork and most if not all can be quickly removed for spraying in a booth.
Think of the possibilities! You could have a Cognaq bike with subtle orange/yellow* sparkly overtones in the laquer top coat!
Or even an opalescent laquer top coat!

* Or any other colour that floats your boat!! Maybe turquoise!! :rolleyes:

Just my tuppence worth!:thumbup:

I have given that thought but it still adds extra cost when I am already paying for a paint job. I know I could get white and wrap it for cheaper than paint because If I went that route the type of paint I would want would be $$$. Just stating what makes sense and you hit it on the head. The only thing missing on my RT I want is the fog lights not because they work but because they add safety. Everything else on the RTS & RTL they can keep. I eventually will get the fog lights but not from BRP I have already seen some salvaged for less than 1/2 of the inflated BRP price. Cognac is a nice color looks like my old HHR. In the end I love Mag Silver. If BRP had kept it as a RT color they might have gotten a sale. My truck, Corvette and bike are all a shade of it and almost match. :clap:

http://www.thedetroitbureau.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/2010-Color-Popularity-Chart.jpg

#1 on the list and still is

Bob Denman
02-11-2014, 03:32 PM
The only problem that I see with this data... :shocked:
It's about cars...
And
It's already four years' old. :D

Magdave
02-11-2014, 03:35 PM
The only problem that I see with this data... :shocked:
It's about cars...
And
It's already four years' old. :D
Same as your old RTS ;)

http://sharing.koin.com/sharewdpp/photo/2013/10/22/AP%20Maps%20v1.6_3709029_ver1.0_640_480.JPEG

Jeriatric
02-11-2014, 03:45 PM
Dave, face it. You want your money more than you want a new spyder, or you would buy one.

That's not BRP's fault.

It's your choice.

Magdave
02-11-2014, 03:48 PM
Dave, face it. You want your money more than you want a new spyder, or you would buy one.

That's not BRP's fault.

It's your choice.
No I don't want what I don't want or see any need for. I would just like to order exactly what I want. Just because you go to a car lot and they do not have what you want doesn't mean they can't get it or ORDER it exactly with the options you want. Really this is for BRP to ponder do they want to sell what people want or hope they sell what they give them?:dontknow:

ChrisW
02-11-2014, 04:11 PM

I don't get it, I looked a BRP for the RTS and the MSRP only goes up when I change from the SM6 to the SE6 ???:banghead:

ARtraveler
02-11-2014, 04:18 PM
From the BRP site: It appears that:

:ani29:: There are three levels of RT's available. The RT, the RT-S, and the RT-LTD
:ani29:: The base RT is offered in Black and White only.
:ani29:: The RT-S is offered in Black, White, Circuit Yellow, and Cognac. This model has a two tone black/grey seat.
:ani29:: The RT-LTD is offered in Black Current, Platinum with either black or burgundy seat, Cognac with either black or brown seat, and White with black seat.
:ani29:: The SM5 transmission is available on both the basic RT and the RT-S model. SE5 transmission only on the LTD models.

Jeriatric
02-11-2014, 04:25 PM
From the BRP site: It appears that:

:ani29:: There are three levels of RT's available. The RT, the RT-S, and the RT-LTD
:ani29:: The base RT is offered in Black and White only.
:ani29:: The RT-S is offered in Black, White, Circuit Yellow, and Cognac
:ani29:: The RT-LTD is offered in Black Current, Platinum with either black or burgundy seat, Cognac with either black or brown seat.

Dave will find something he does not like with this list. Oh, black rims......anything else?

cognaccruiser
02-11-2014, 04:51 PM

Perhaps I have misunderstood and if I have tell me. I think you are saying that other vehicle manufacturers offer all colors in all trim levels. Looking at Honda, Toyota, Hyundai and Mazda auto manufactures, for example, they do not offer all colors in all trim levels. I'm going to speculate that they are not alone and I seem to recall that auto makers have dictated color choice by trim levels for a long time. In fact auto makers are notorious for packaging options in groups. You may want heated seats but in order to get them you must also get a bunch of things that you might not want combined in a package. At least that has been my experience. People on the Gold Wing forums frequently complain bitterly about wanting, for example, ABS brakes and having to pay for a GPS system that they don't want.
All I'm saying is that BRP is no different from almost every one else. I'm not saying I like it but they are not the odd man out.

Gary

Bob Denman
02-11-2014, 05:42 PM
I know that Jeep is fussy about trim levels and colors
And Ford is fussy about body styles and models too!

PatGund
02-11-2014, 06:55 PM
The one I saw at Lynnwood Motoplex reminded me of "caramel".

My 12 year old daughter, on the other hand, said it reminded her of "poop".

dave92253
02-11-2014, 10:02 PM
look everyday at the site to just think of what color and what set up

Magdave
02-11-2014, 10:13 PM
Dave will find something he does not like with this list. Oh, black rims......anything else?

Ugly LED fender lights, I like my fenders much more, auto air control that wears out, useless gauges, I like the digital display myself. My point is a $4k jump in price to get a color I want when the body parts are all interchangeable just seems dumb to me I don't like Cognac $4k worth. I do not like white or black at any price never did, never will. At least Blue and Silver were around for 2013 and that is what drew me to the display. If it had been black and white I would not own one. nojoke Like I said the color will determine when I buy my next one looks like it will be used.

auldy
02-12-2014, 03:38 AM
Hi all from lovely Sydney Aust. :2thumbs:

Not a :spyder2: owner as yet but have been on the fence since 2010.

Have done the :spyder: Experience twice in Sydney, however, we seem to
be limited in dealers and available choice in Aust. At this stage the 2014
Range is not expected here until the end of April.

I have been keen on the LTD Model, even more so with the RT Range now
having the 1330 motors.

You are blessed in the USA in relation to choices and combinations. I love
the new Cognac in the LTD. Here in Oz, we are only getting the LTD in silver,
if you want Cognac you will have to get the RTS, I am happy with the RTS
however, I wanted chrome wheels and the side plates near the foot boards.

It will also be interesting in pricing, I expect the LTD will be at least in the $42,000
AUD price range, so the RTS may have to be the option

Cheers
:cheers:
Auldy

Bob Denman
02-12-2014, 07:45 AM
Ugly LED fender lights, I like my fenders much more, auto air control that wears out, useless gauges, I like the digital display myself... ...Like I said the color will determine when I buy my next one looks like it will be used.

Hi Dave,
Is this one closer to what you wanted??? :D

Magdave
02-12-2014, 08:56 AM
Hi Dave,
Is this one closer to what you wanted??? :D

:banghead: If only this wasn't Black :gaah:

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=82876&d=1391733200 (http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/album.php?albumid=3264&attachmentid=82875)

Bob Denman
02-12-2014, 09:10 AM
It would be easier to paint than a Spyder... :2thumbs:

OJ UK
02-12-2014, 08:11 PM
I have given that thought but it still adds extra cost when I am already paying for a paint job. I know I could get white and wrap it for cheaper than paint because If I went that route the type of paint I would want would be $$$. Just stating what makes sense and you hit it on the head. The only thing missing on my RT I want is the fog lights not because they work but because they add safety. Everything else on the RTS & RTL they can keep. I eventually will get the fog lights but not from BRP I have already seen some salvaged for less than 1/2 of the inflated BRP price. Cognac is a nice color looks like my old HHR. In the end I love Mag Silver. If BRP had kept it as a RT color they might have gotten a sale. My truck, Corvette and bike are all a shade of it and almost match. :clap:

http://www.thedetroitbureau.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/2010-Color-Popularity-Chart.jpg

#1 on the list and still is

WOW!! NO offence meant! Honest guv! Just sayin' what I would do in a similar circumstance. Apologies for having the temerity to suggest
a viable and cheaper alternative.