PDA

View Full Version : UP Ride Part 3 Aug. 3rd

dltang
08-05-2008, 10:11 AM
Sunday Aug. 3rd

Sunday morning we were scheduled to go to Don’s (YRYDE,YooperRyder) house for a BBQ. Well, it turns out James (DaddyDarko) was very sick and he had to head home. He sent me a text message that he had arrived home safely and we are thankful for that. Duane and Wanda also had to head home on Sunday and one of our Harley crew, Vince and Terri had to go back. Vince was our entertainment for the weekend, but that is a whole other thread. Then we found that Karen and Dan were staying in town for the day (Karen didn’t feel well, something she ate) and Joan and Bob wanted to stay back as well. Our BBQ was dwindling. I understood though, we had a long ride in store just for a BBQ.

Brian, Damion, Ray and I headed out along Lake Michigan on route 2 and then northward to Munising to pick up Pat. (MrsDraboo) She was standing along the roadside waving at us as we came into town. We drove by her grandkids for her on the way and that was cool. It was her birthday the next day (Happy Birthday Pat) and they had signs out and everything.

Now we are headed west toward Marquette. We made one more small detour of a roadside attraction known as Lakenenland. This guy uses scrap metal to make sculptures. He is very talented. You will see some of the sculptures in our slide show. Now we are finally on our way to Don’s house. When we arrived they were ready for us. Lunch was all set and view was breath taking. He lives on a bluff overlooking a lake and it was so cool to have all of our spyders lined up above the water like that. Boats were pulling in just to have a look. After lunch, we went out for a pontoon ride around the lake and that was very relaxing. Pat even got a nap in I think, I should have taken one. I was wiped out by now and we still had 190-mile ride back to the motel. We said our good-byes and headed out. Linda and Don were wonderful hosts and I wish we could have stayed longer. Just not enough time in a day.

We headed back to Munising to drop Pat off but she wanted to continue to ride for a bit longer. This was her last day with the Spyder, on Monday it was being shipped out to Brad (Draboo) in Seattle. We stopped off at a gas station and said our good-byes once again. From here, the four remaining spyder also split up. Ray and Damion were still ready to ride and Brian and I just wanted to get back to the Motel for the night before dark. We ended up taking two different routes back and got back to the motel at the same time anyway. But we were back in time to finally use that grill and steak sounded good. We spent the rest of the evening at the campfire just talking about the day with Joan and Bob and Karen and Dan. They had a nice day in Mackinaw City as it turned out.

bjt
08-05-2008, 11:32 AM
Sunday morning we were scheduled to go to Don’s (YRYDE,YooperRyder) house for a BBQ. Well, it turns out James (DaddyDarko) was very sick and he had to head home. He sent me a text message that he had arrived home safely and we are thankful for that. Duane and Wanda also had to head home on Sunday and one of our Harley crew, Vince and Terri had to go back. Vince was our entertainment for the weekend, but that is a whole other thread. Then we found that Karen and Dan were staying in town for the day (Karen didn’t feel well, something she ate) and Joan and Bob wanted to stay back as well. Our BBQ was dwindling. I understood though, we had a long ride in store just for a BBQ.

Brian, Damion, Ray and I headed out along Lake Michigan on route 2 and then northward to Munising to pick up Pat. (MrsDraboo) She was standing along the roadside waving at us as we came into town.

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w134/briantangen/UP%20Cruise/DSC00102.jpg

We drove by her grandkids for her on the way and that was cool. It was her birthday the next day (Happy Birthday Pat) and they had signs out and everything.

Now we are headed west toward Marquette. We made one more small detour of a roadside attraction known as Lakenenland. This guy uses scrap metal to make sculptures. He is very talented. You will see some of the sculptures in our slide show.

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w134/briantangen/UP%20Cruise/DSC00121.jpg

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w134/briantangen/UP%20Cruise/DSC00116.jpg

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w134/briantangen/UP%20Cruise/DSC00120.jpg

Now we are finally on our way to Don’s house. When we arrived they were ready for us. Lunch was all set and view was breath taking. He lives on a bluff overlooking a lake and it was so cool to have all of our spyders lined up above the water like that.

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w134/briantangen/UP%20Cruise/DSC00131.jpg

Boats were pulling in just to have a look. After lunch, we went out for a pontoon ride around the lake and that was very relaxing. Pat even got a nap in I think, I should have taken one. I was wiped out by now and we still had 190-mile ride back to the motel. We said our good-byes and headed out. Linda and Don were wonderful hosts and I wish we could have stayed longer. Just not enough time in a day.

We headed back to Munising to drop Pat off but she wanted to continue to ride for a bit longer. This was her last day with the Spyder, on Monday it was being shipped out to Brad (Draboo) in Seattle. We stopped off at a gas station and said our good-byes once again. From here, the four remaining spyder also split up. Ray and Damion were still ready to ride and Brian and I just wanted to get back to the Motel for the night before dark. We ended up taking two different routes back and got back to the motel at the same time anyway. But we were back in time to finally use that grill and steak sounded good. We spent the rest of the evening at the campfire just talking about the day with Joan and Bob and Karen and Dan. They had a nice day in Mackinaw City as it turned out.

Here is the route for the BBQ ride

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w134/briantangen/UP%20Cruise/Sundayride.jpg