PDA

View Full Version : chrome handlebar cover indo

golfsferr
02-07-2014, 07:26 PM
Can anyone tell me an accurate dimension for the ABS material thickness of the RT Chrome handlebar cover. Plus does it cover the top and bottom of the handlebars (360 degrees) or just the top (180 degrees)?
Thanks

jwulf74
02-07-2014, 10:36 PM
Covers just the top on mine, but I thought it was all metal...

NancysToy
02-07-2014, 10:53 PM
It is a replacement handlebar center section, not a simple cover. It is quite complex and time-consuming to install.

jcthorne
02-08-2014, 07:49 AM
If you are going to go to all the trouble to install chrome bars, really need to think about the tri-axis adjustable bar.

golfsferr
02-08-2014, 07:57 AM
Thanks for the feedback. It appears that the one that BRP installs in assembly could be metal and if it's not a cover but a replacement part for the standard RT handlebar then the cross-section of the handlebar should not change. I have a customer that wants to buy 2 cup holders but has the factory installed RT Handlebars with Chrome and I want to make sure they don't need to be adjusted to fit a different cross-section.

Here's the link that I found that said they are ABS......but after your input, it has to be a after market part.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Can-Am-Spyder-RT-Handlebar-Cover-Chrome-Parts-Accessories-12-11-10-09-08-/290785111181

Your input is appreciated!

It is a replacement handlebar center section, not a simple cover. It is quite complex and time-consuming to install.

PaSpyderRyder
02-08-2014, 08:12 AM
Yes what you are looking at on Ebay is an after market item that fits on top of the factory installed handle bars to give you the chrome look.

Bob

golfsferr
02-08-2014, 09:00 AM
Thank you.

Yes what you are looking at on Ebay is an after market item that fits on top of the factory installed handle bars to give you the chrome look.

Bob

RidersInChrist
02-08-2014, 10:09 AM
Well I don't think people are going to be looking to see if all of ur handlebars are chrome or just the top..I'll be buying that piece soon.i think it adds a great look to the :spyder2:..does anyone know where u can get that Lil piece that isn't chrome in the middle of the handlebars at???
chuck

Bob Denman
02-08-2014, 03:05 PM
I have been "wrestling" with the idea of purchasing either the BRP piece, or the much-cheaper EBAy piece for about a year...
Keep in mind that it WILL reflect sunlight back up onto your dash display... :shocked:
I finally decided to leave that part of the bike alone...
But that's just me! :D

jwulf74
02-08-2014, 04:25 PM
I have the chrome on mine and it doesn't bother me, but I wear sunglasses and the drop down sunglasses/visor in my helmet. (I'm more of a cave dweller). My wife doesn't like it though and instead of the chrome on hers she wants to get the gray powder coated to black. We changed the other gray stuff out to the chrome, but the handlebars look funny but the black should look better. Not looking forward to figuring out how that all comes apart...

Bob Denman
02-08-2014, 04:30 PM
I carefully layed down some black electrical tape on the front portion of the handlebars... It blocked out about 85% of the glare. :thumbup:

BikerDoc
02-08-2014, 04:40 PM
I have been "wrestling" with the idea of purchasing either the BRP piece, or the much-cheaper EBAy piece for about a year...
Keep in mind that it WILL reflect sunlight back up onto your dash display... :shocked:
I finally decided to leave that part of the bike alone...
But that's just me! :D I did the tri axis adjustable in chrome on my 2012 and the glare issue was so bad that i severely regretted it and will not make the "chrome mistake " again on anything that reflects back in my face

R FUN
02-10-2014, 04:35 PM
I did the same thing as Bob and it helped a lot. I think if a person could get total flat black tape it might even be better. I sure like the chrome though but it could be a problem.