PDA

View Full Version : STUPID QUESTIONS

Harvey
02-07-2014, 07:25 AM
Upon returning from a Patriot Guard Mission yesterday, I stopped to fill the tank on my 2013 RT Ltd. Black Currant.

I usually get a lot of questions at the pump, but this one guy asked a really stupid question.

He said, "Do you know how much you paid for that thing?" I asked him "What?", and he said the exact same thing again.

I replied, "Of course I do, I paid for it." He then said, "Well, how much was it?"

I told him that I would tell him, but he would have to guess. I had the 622 matching trailer on the Spyder.

He said he would have to guess high because it was a real nice looking thing.

After about 30 seconds of walking around and looking, he came up with $18,000 and then said, Naw, it can't be that much, maybe $12,000.

When I told him (about $35,000 with the trailer) he shouted some strange words and walked away.

I love the questions, and occasionally there is a new one or a new way of asking. YEP - LIFE IS GOOD and INTERESTING.

Cruzr Joe
02-07-2014, 08:55 AM
Upon returning from a Patriot Guard Mission yesterday, I stopped to fill the tank on my 2013 RT Ltd. Black Currant.

I usually get a lot of questions at the pump, but this one guy asked a really stupid question.

He said, "Do you know how much you paid for that thing?" I asked him "What?", and he said the exact same thing again.

I replied, "Of course I do, I paid for it." He then said, "Well, how much was it?"

I told him that I would tell him, but he would have to guess. I had the 622 matching trailer on the Spyder.

After about 30 seconds of walking around and looking, he came up with $18,000 and then said, Naw, it can't be that much, maybe $12,000.

When I told him (about $35,000 with the trailer) he shouted some strange words and walked away.

I love the questions, and occasionally there is a new one or a new way of asking. YEP - LIFE IS GOOD and INTERESTING.

One of my Stupid neighbors guessed $3,000. Go Figure!!

Cruzr Joe

mrfats
02-07-2014, 09:10 AM
I still like the response, "if you gotta ask, you can't afford it!" :dontknow:

Bob Denman
02-07-2014, 09:23 AM
I never give a straight answer to that one... :D
I just say, "It's not what I've got in it that matters; It's what I get out of it!" :2thumbs:

bruiser
02-07-2014, 09:32 AM
I usually say something like "not as much as a Harley or Goldwing" or "I don't know, you'll have to ask my accountant". Sometimes I'll say "My boss gave it to me for my great work". I told one guy I stole it.

granpa in Cincy
02-07-2014, 09:42 AM
I got it at the Scooter Store.

harrypottar
02-07-2014, 09:53 AM
I told one couple that where being a-holes, that I got it at any orgy my wife and I where at.

We threw our keys in the middle of the table, I don't know who got our Chevy but we rode home with this.nojoke

Harry

R30SHIRE
02-07-2014, 09:58 AM
GREAT STORY. Was he a REDNECK?

hchays
02-07-2014, 10:43 AM
I just say, "It's not what I've got in it that matters; It's what I get out of it!" :2thumbs:

Bob, Consider that line stolen!!! I like it, I like it and I'm using it!

Machinegunner
02-07-2014, 10:45 AM
A couple of years ago on the way to Sturgis, we stopped at Wall, SD. for lunch and gas. It was about 100 degrees. A car driver came and asked me how I liked the Spyder. I told him it was fantastic, the only problem that I had was that air conditioning did not work when it was so hot! He walked away shaking his head muttering, THEY EVEN HAVE AIRCONDITIONING!!! There is one born every minute.

SpyderAnn01
02-07-2014, 10:48 AM
That question ranks right up there with my favorite "How much is a monthly payment on one of them?" Answer, "Well my monthly payment is 0 but I bet yours would be a lot higher" :roflblack:

Bob Denman
02-07-2014, 10:51 AM
Bob, Consider that line stolen!!! I like it, I like it and I'm using it!
Be my guest... :D

Scotty gave up a good one once...
I dealership was real close to the mental health care clinic, where he was an involuntary visitor... :shocked:
When he escaped; it was the first set of wheels, that he had a chance at! :roflblack:

Cruzr Joe
02-07-2014, 10:52 AM
Ya gotta love the ones who ask if it is 4 wheel drive. :roflblack::roflblack:

Cruzr Joe

MarkLawson
02-07-2014, 11:29 AM
One of my Stupid neighbors guessed $3,000. Go Figure!!

Cruzr Joe

Maybe he was talking about your dealer's cost!

Bob Denman
02-07-2014, 11:32 AM
He probably was thinking that it was one of these... 82885

Xcarman
02-07-2014, 11:35 AM
I want to know were you got the photo of the wife & me.

bmccaffrey
02-07-2014, 12:26 PM
Good answer Bob:ani29:

azjerry
02-07-2014, 12:42 PM
I usually answer "too much" because I'm a terrible negotiator and I hate the dealer dance. But, it's paid for and I like it.

Chupaca
02-07-2014, 01:02 PM
Have run into many a price question and usually come back with "you have to ask my wife..she bought it". But to many times it depends on the person asking. You all have great come backs....:roflblack::roflblack:

Dan_Ashley
02-07-2014, 01:09 PM
I got it at the Scooter Store.
http://www.scooterdepot.us/trike-gas-motor-scooters-300cc-3-wheels-moped-d300tkb.html. Only $4,000!!!

Sarge707
02-07-2014, 01:13 PM
I tell them what I paid for it and when they ask where I Always recommend my Dealer!!
But that's Just me?:welcome:

Dan McNally
02-07-2014, 01:26 PM

You should have smiled at him and said: "Not one red cent. I talked a dealer into letting me take a demo ride on it six months ago, and I just never bothered bringing it back!"

wyliec
02-07-2014, 02:03 PM
I tell them what I paid for it and when they ask where I Always recommend my Dealer!!
But that's Just me?:welcome:

I couldn't agree more. I've just never understood the big secret.

Dan_Ashley
02-07-2014, 02:17 PM

I always tell them that I paid $28,000. But then I added about $8,000 of aftermarket enhancements. Take these cool Kendra tires for example...you can't get them just anywhere...and then I show them the speedometer that goes to 200. I tell them that I once had it up nearly that high. I had to install the dynomench escalo-booster to do it though. They ask me how much a dynomench escalo-booster is and so I answer them: "I got it in Belarus. It's not legal here."

ARtraveler
02-07-2014, 04:01 PM
I don't get asked "the question" as often now as I did early on. Have always used the "well, how much do you think it cost"? approach. That's where the fun begins for me. I have had the lowball quesstimates ($6,000) or so a couple times--but most are in the neighborhood of $20,000 or so.
Don't recall anyone being right on.

The lowball people are usually told they start at about $17,000 and go up to $30,000. I kind of leave it at that.

Those who seem interested in the machine, usually get a more thorough answer.

Bob Denman
02-07-2014, 05:26 PM
It's probably just me; but I don't like talking about money, and how I've spent it; with complete strangers. :shocked:

I was brought up to never ask such a question...

Harvey
02-07-2014, 06:48 PM
GREAT STORY. Was he a REDNECK? Think so.

Flash Gordon
02-07-2014, 06:55 PM

Thanks Bob. I will remember that and use it the next time I get one of those rude questions.

Oldmanzues
02-07-2014, 07:30 PM
My answers are eqqual to the person. If they are nice I am honest, If not I have used some of the above, althou the I escaped the nut house and this was the first wheels is a good one.

I usuall catch the end of Price is Right on TV as I sit down to eat. One guy for the final: Trip to France for ten days, 3 D tv, some othe stuff and new Mustang. He bid 18 thousand. Host kind of chocked, audenice booed. He was only 17 thousand low.
Oldmanzues

BentGamer
02-07-2014, 09:24 PM
If the person is serious I'll tell them. But if it's just some knob on the street I tell them "I paid Eleventy Twelve Thirty after my Dollar NintyTwo rebate."

DrewNJ
02-07-2014, 09:30 PM
If the person is serious I'll tell them. But if it's just some knob on the street I tell them "I paid Eleventy Twelve Thirty after my Dollar NintyTwo rebate."

"Knob".........hahahaha!!

Sent from my Venue 8 3830 using Tapatalk

wyliec
02-08-2014, 08:39 AM
It's probably just me; but I don't like talking about money, and how I've spent it; with complete strangers. :shocked:

I was brought up to never ask such a question...

I agree; but, the question would be inappropriate, not stupid. I guess that's just me and the way that I was brought up.

Deanna777
02-08-2014, 03:22 PM

I was brought up to never ask such a question... Bob: If people ask me about money " I say to them " it is none of your business". Deanna777

Bob Denman
02-08-2014, 03:26 PM
Thanks Bob. I will remember that and use it the next time I get one of those rude questions.

Please :D Use it all that you can... and pass it along to anybody who has a use for it! :thumbup:

araknd
02-08-2014, 03:36 PM

I just give them the bare bones figure and tell them to go to Fun Center (Durango,CO)